Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

17 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I took the day off today since it's my birthday and I've got a bunch of vacation time I need to burn before the end of the year. I'll be heading out to the DMV shortly to renew my drivers license. After that, I plan on doing nothing for the rest of the day.

Congrats!

Sounds like a good plan to me.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I took the day off today since it's my birthday and I've got a bunch of vacation time I need to burn before the end of the year. I'll be heading out to the DMV shortly to renew my drivers license. After that, I plan on doing nothing for the rest of the day.

At some DMVs, that could BE your entire day... Hopefully it isn't!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Happy Birthday. I hope it is a wonderful day for you. 

Coffee is made and being consumed.

We now return you to your day.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

So we're going to have him replace the whole panel, upgrade the fans with GFIC and wire a proper generator link.  Then when the power goes out while we're all trapped at home we'll be able to at least keep our freezer, fridge and furnace on.  Or we won't lose power and that will also be JUST FINE BY ME!!!  

I'm old enough, and living in a home that age, that this sounds cool and exciting.   I mean, what could be a better way to spend money than to have new wiring installed so there aren't any spontaneous electrical fires, all the lights work, and using the microwave doesn't blow the kitchen fuse every time?   Hope the job goes smoothly. 

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Happy birthday.  What makes you sure there will be a "rest of the day" when you're done? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If I can't see the stars because of a burning ball of light taking too long to go to bed, or those pesky clouds... 

I'll go see them a different way! Sure, it isn't the same thing, but.... 

359320_screenshots_20200921190534_1.thumb.jpg.a1863f5aaa1378afa8c74cb08c8299a7.jpg

I can at least do it in style in game!  (I really need to bind my external camera controls, learn how to hide the UI, and then go somewhere pretty!) 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Have a good day, @Chaoswolf, despite the DMV trip. May it be painless!

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

At some DMVs, that could BE your entire day... Hopefully it isn't!

31 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Happy birthday.  What makes you sure there will be a "rest of the day" when you're done? 

Well, if there is any bright side to the current pandemic, it's that the DMV has opened for service, but by appointment only. I left at 11:10 for an 11:35 appointment, arrived 10 minutes early, and now I'm back home at 12:30 telling you all about it. I'm pretty sure that's the fastest I've ever managed to conduct business at any DMV, ever.

Now, on with the important business of doing nothing!::D:

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We thought that Bruce was too obvious, so we decided that his name should be Bob. After the famous Scottish king, Robert.......the Bruce :ph34r:

Not a bad choice, though I am partial to Douglas, for James, knight and Lord of Douglas.

Well, the whole house is stinking like a skunk or coyote urine. I think Molly (my choc lab) ran through some on her walk in the woods, as she also smells. Have to wait for it to warm up a bit more before she goes to the pet wash at the local car wash (a massive tub with a ramp to lead her up into it, as she refuses to get into the shower or bathtub at the house).

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, if there is any bright side to the current pandemic, it's that the DMV has opened for service, but by appointment only. I left at 11:10 for an 11:35 appointment, arrived 10 minutes early, and now I'm back home at 12:30 telling you all about it. I'm pretty sure that's the fastest I've ever managed to conduct business at any DMV, ever.

Sadly not the case for us (or so it wasn't two months ago). You had to wait in line in your car to tell them what you wanted, and then park and wait for them to call you in. But restrictions have been lifted this past week (whether for good or ill we'll learn soon enough) so it might have changed. Our local Walmart took reopened all the entrances/exits that were closed, took down all the signs telling you which direction to go down each aisle (that people still couldn't seem to follow) and half the customers weren't wearing masks.

• Sad 8

51 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I'm old enough, and living in a home that age, that this sounds cool and exciting.   I mean, what could be a better way to spend money than to have new wiring installed so there aren't any spontaneous electrical fires, all the lights work, and using the microwave doesn't blow the kitchen fuse every time?   Hope the job goes smoothly. 

I know, right???  It's not a glamorous renovation, but I'm hoping that including a few new fixtures helps us appreciate the upgrade in a tangible way.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We thought that Bruce was too obvious, so we decided that his name should be Bob. After the famous Scottish king, Robert.......the Bruce :ph34r:

Statue-Robert-the-Bruce-Bannockburn-Heritage-Centre.thumb.jpg.2c15ca37213365a5122b400ec9b2fb0e.jpg

In other news, a village in Wales couldn't figure out why for 18 months their broadband internet would stop working every single day at the same time. Turns out it was being caused by interference from one villagers old television ::o:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180

My youngest son and I found that article hilarious. Thank you for posting. ...

• Like 9

Well, I bought some cheap sealing crap from my local michaels. Wish me luck. I guess that explains the $55/can price on Amazon for Dullcote.

Second day back in the office is significantly less heinous than the last.

• Like 11