Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Also, just for something different, one of the cats left a mouse in the bedding, where I found it this morning. A once-living, little grey mouse, not a felt or otherwise fake mouse.

I don't know which cat was actually responsible; none of the three on the bed when I woke up would take credit.

Such mighty hunters... 

How sweet that they wanted you to have it. 

1 hour ago, Loim said:

Hope you lot are all keeping well. 

And you, too.  It's the same daily grind. Morning commute from bedroom to kitchen, occasional detour to the basement, too much time on the computer, not enough sleep. 

• Like 7
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I'm guessing it would be rude to send out an email sometime next year with an "I Told You So" meme? lol

Probably. But I'm strongly considering it - I wonder if memes might actually start getting my points across?

Anyone got any good ones on why production and sales should seek out feedback from service? 

• Like 7

Well, I went to the eye doctor today... I have been dreading it for two weeks.... My body has revolted and decided it was lactose intolerant..... At least that is what I am assuming, as I can not long drink even the smallest amount of milk..

What does that have to do with my trip to the eye docs, I hear you ask, well, I had to do a field of vision test and last year's test, was in a word... Dismal.

This year's test well was a whole lot better. In both eyes I am over the national average for a guy my age. So that is some good news. Now if I can just convince my body that milk is good and it should be ok with it.....

• Like 13
2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

What in the hundred mortified hells?!

What depraved brain matter could possibly have been responsible?!

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

The same fools that rolled out Mac N Cheese in the various Cheetos flavors?

I was going to reply "someone in marketing" but it seems I was beaten to the punch on such... 

If it's regular price, I'll probably try it, why not, right? 

• Like 5

So much to do and so little desire to do it. Wish I could divide my conscience thoughts and set my simpler self to the tasks I need to perform. 

There’s a short story in that thought, of reverting mankind to a ... less refined mind. 

• Like 8
46 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

My body has revolted and decided it was lactose intolerant..... At least that is what I am assuming, as I can not long drink even the smallest amount of milk..

What type of milk do you usually drink? I was in a similar situation, fearing the intolerance, but made the switch from 2% to skim/0% fat milk, and have felt much better. I wasn't convinced that it was the lactose, since fatty foods do chaos to me, figured it was more likely the fat. A simple swap has me doing better. I haven't chanced ice cream since the swap, but that's a small price to pay for conserving my precious toilet paper reserve.

Maybe you are in a similar situation? *fingers crossed*

Got Molly bathed a few hours ago and go the horrid smell off of her. It was ManVsMolly though at the Pet Wash; she did not want to be in there, but eventually calmed down enough to where she let me get her all cleaned up. A 2.5 year old labrador weighing 98.3 lbs is quite an opponent.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:
3 hours ago, TripleH said:
3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:
3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

For those that can't get enough Pumpkin Spice in their life... Canadians are getting a treat from Kraft. That's right pumpkin spice KD... 

No, that's not purple, or meant to be. 

What in the hundred mortified hells?!

What depraved brain matter could possibly have been responsible?!

The same fools that rolled out Mac N Cheese in the various Cheetos flavors?

... What. the un-bifurcated. pantsless. *censored*??!

There are times I think humanity might be salvagable. And then somebody informs me that stuff like this exists, which tells me somebody thought this was a good idea, which ... *flail*

I am a simple goblin! I like my cheese fresh! Stinky is fine, as long as there are crackers! .. and maybe apples. And ham... mmh... now I want a cheese plate. Drat

https://youtu.be/HCF1-f-KusM

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

So much to do and so little desire to do it. Wish I could divide my conscience thoughts and set my simpler self to the tasks I need to perform. 

There’s a short story in that thought, of reverting mankind to a ... less refined mind. 

I think you meant "conscious"... Trust me, dividing your conscience from your thoughts is a good recipe for bad things. Being a high-functioning sociopath isn't as easy as it looks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
6 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I think you meant "conscious"... Trust me, dividing your conscience from your thoughts is a good recipe for bad things. Being a high-functioning sociopath isn't as easy as it looks.

Yeah, it's that "high-functioning" part that takes work...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lovely, went outside to spray primer on model parts, only to come back to the garage is full of bees. There was one buzzing around earlier as I was working on said model, but now it's a whole herd of them! I don't want to kill them, so I guess the garage is theirs till they decide to move on. Hopefully that means soon, so I can close the door!!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
4 minutes ago, haldir said:

Lovely, went outside to spray primer on model parts, only to come back to the garage is full of bees. There was one buzzing around earlier as I was working on said model, but now it's a whole herd of them! I don't want to kill them, so I guess the garage is theirs till they decide to move on. Hopefully that means soon, so I can close the door!!

If they grow in numbers, like hundreds or even thousands, you’ve got a swarm. There will be a queen in there somewhere, if so. Local beekeepers groups might come out and get them for free.

If it isn’t a swarm, you might have something in there sweet they’re after, or a source of water. Both have been in short supply here, but not sure in your neck of the woods. 

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

For those that can't get enough Pumpkin Spice in their life... Canadians are getting a treat from Kraft. That's right pumpkin spice KD... 

No, that's not purple, or meant to be. 

Pumpkin Spice Kingdom Death?

I...I...I...do not know how to process this.

Spoiler

Yes, I figured out you meant Kraft Dinner, but Kingdom Death was there first...and wouldn't leave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
18 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

If they grow in numbers, like hundreds or even thousands, you’ve got a swarm. There will be a queen in there somewhere, if so. Local beekeepers groups might come out and get them for free.

If it isn’t a swarm, you might have something in there sweet they’re after, or a source of water. Both have been in short supply here, but not sure in your neck of the woods. 

Well they are swarming around our recycle cans, so I'm sure they are wanting the leftover sodas & other sweets left over. 

• Like 6