Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

oof...  Medication refills are delayed again. As it stands now I've only got about 3 days left.

Tracking says they've left and returned to the same post office 3 times...

Tracking packages perplexes me as well, had a package shipped FedEx ground yesterday that the carrier is claiming will arrive Saturday.  Shipper is about 5 hours west of me within the same state.  Given the package was picked up late in the day yesterday i should actually receive it tomorrow as even going ground shipping is next day within the state (and most of South Carolina and Virginia too).  At Least mine isn't medication.

Edited by FaekiasDracon
Autocorrupt strikes
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

oof...  Medication refills are delayed again. As it stands now I've only got about 3 days left.

My mom get's some refrigerated medicine about once a month and these last two they've missed the delivery window completely and have stopped asking for signatures.   This last time the driver said that they prioritize medicine and that other packages he had weren't going to make it that day.  It must be crazy.

For other meds we've been using a local pharmacy.  It isn't quite as convenient but they will definitely make sure she gets what she needs.

Hopefully you don't see any more delays.  

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Wife’s meds were ready during vacation so she picked the “deliver” option over “pickup” so they would be waiting for us when we got home. Her package shipped from the pharmacy near us (Littleton), travelled to a central processing station in Denver, then two days later got scanned in Portland, OR! It's now back in Denver, and sat for three days. We have since returned, and could walk to the pharmacy in less than 30 minutes. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9

2 hours ago, Keianna said:

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/58742

So cool that this stuff just exists beneath our feet. Some great ideas for tile floor basing patterns. 

You can't swing a cat in Europe without hitting something Roman. 

2 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

My mom get's some refrigerated medicine about once a month and these last two they've missed the delivery window completely and have stopped asking for signatures.   This last time the driver said that they prioritize medicine and that other packages he had weren't going to make it that day.  It must be crazy.

For other meds we've been using a local pharmacy.  It isn't quite as convenient but they will definitely make sure she gets what she needs.

Hopefully you don't see any more delays.  

It's been crazy lately.  I've been trying for 2 weeks to get 3 refills.  Normal, routine stuff.  Poke online pharmacy run by ins co,  and wait. And wait. Get an email saying it got cancelled. Call.  Pharmacy tech support has no clue.  Re-order.  Repeat.  Call Dr offices. Leave messages. No response.  Local pharmacy calls and says they have my drugs -- that's not who I ordered from, but ok, I'll come get it.  Re-order. Call Dr office again.  Mail order pharmacy is still clueless.  I have 1 pill left.

And people wonder why old folks get cranky. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 6