26 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

true, but I don't think I would say "eek a person" 

Is probably say “eww! We’ve got humans!” :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

THE MAID
"Hey, Mom," asked little Johnny, "can you give me twenty dollars?"
"Certainly not," she said.
"If you do," he went on, "I'll tell you what dad said to the maid when you were at the beauty shop.
" His mother's ears perked up and, grabbing her purse, she handed over the money.
"Well? What did he say?"

Spoiler

"He said, 'Hey, Marie, make sure you wash my socks tomorrow.'" )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

29 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Page 419...

Okay... so It's been a week. Visited my sister over the weekend, which was wonderful. The drive home was long, but fine. But... as we unpacked the car... there was a need to take Mrs. Hamster to the hospital. High blood pressure. :down: Initially they thought that she'd have to stay in the hospital till Baby Hamster arrived (2-5 weeks?), but because her test results were so good, she came home today!

Still throws off the plans for the weekend, but I'm okay with that.

Okay, time to catch up...

High blood pressure during pregnancy is scary. I’m glad your Mrs is doing well and can be home!

• Like 16

Weird dreams all day today, even by my standards. Fun part is that they all took place in the environment of previous half remembered dreams, all landscapes of which had become interconnected. Been awhile since that's happened. First one was the most improbable, my ex was there and we were getting along. We also robbed a bank and during the course of that found a container in one of the safe deposit boxes that held stolen souls. So it wasn't just law enforcement that was after us once we took it. 

So after waking up, I pondered this a bit and then later went back to sleep.

Dream 2 was more or less a direct sequel. My ex had run off with the Cadillac and the container of souls, stranding me in a nearby forest preserve. (More realistic behavior on her part then in the previous dream) Somehow or another I ran across some old associates nearby, and since they were part of the volunteer posse looking for me, I wound up hiding in the bed of their truck in order to get past the roadblocks. Which worked out well until they stopped for gas at the local Speedway which for some reason was the center of a demon worshipping cult. They saw me in the back of the truck and since it was their tithe I had stolen they weren't too happy with me, neither were my old associates when they found out I was the reason we were being attacked. (Also they were furious about me hiding in the truck since this made them unwitting partners in crime and there wasn't any way that anyone would think they hadn't been with me on the robbery)

Before either group could get their hands on me, I woke up again. Pondered things a bit more, decided that this was all rather interesting so I went back to sleep again.

Dream 3 nothing much happening, again a sequel of sorts, as I had the truck and was off on the backroads, having managed to get away from the gas station shootout. Unexpected began flipping from one location to another, then got woken up by the sound of nailguns coming from down the block.

As much as I've been trying to get back to sleep to see where all this goes, that doesn't look to be happening anytime soon. Arg. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

I've just spent the last hour staring at mind numbing  screens of self serve credit card transactions manually resetting them so the site can get paid for them. 

I had to do this because the site's credit card system went partially offline a month ago, and they didn't notice until today.   It's a busy enough site that the number of transactions they've taken in the last two weeks equals the maximum number of transactions the system is allowed to store under Payment Card Industry Association rules.  Meaning they lost two weeks of credit card revenue. No way to recover them, and I can only make an estimate as to the lost revenue, but it's five figures. 

Sad Stupid thing is that this is the second time in 2 years something similar has happened to the same site.  Had he been doing his required periodic maintenance checks, it would have been caught 3 weeks ago.  And if he had upgraded his software like he was told to the last time this happened, it probably would have been caught even before that. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Came home from work this morning, opened the garage, hoping the bees escaped out the top of the door(our garage door is bent up top (one of these days, gonna fix that)). I saw a couple had died near the bottom of the door. Hate to see that, but there didn't appear to be many buzzing around the cans. So I left it open for a bit, hoping those would fly away. I opened the kitchen door to the garage later & it was buzzing with em, all over again.

Either, they were resting & weren't all flying or more came in while the door was up....ugh. I may have to try & smoke em out of there, as I need my garage for this Saturday's game!! I probably should move those can somewhere, maybe that'll disperse them as well.

I tried taking nap later but I heard something in the backyard. It was a neighbor cleaning up their yard but I saw the bunny attempting to dig in a spot we don't have wire at, so I put on sandals & went outside with her to make sure she didn't dig anymore. Of course, by the time I got out there she was laying under a chair, acting innocent. I decided to stay outside till that neighbor quit doing what they were doing as it was coming from the yard she previously shared space with. I ended up working on a model kit outside. While doing so, I got buzzed by a few bees. Something must be up with them right now. As I didn't notice a hive anywhere. Weather is nice but not hot right now. 

EDIT: or give a semi-local beekeeper/rescue place a call! They'll do it for free! Just when, who knows? I need to call them!

• Like 14

@haldir: Sounds more like they are desperate for nectar right now (a dearth), so anything that could be sugary is attractive. Could mix some 1:1 cups sugar/water mix and see just how big of a crowd gets pulled away from the cans. May lead them away enough to use the garage.

Once they find a source, they return to the hive and tell others. Last year, when I was externally feeding “my” bees (and several other hives it turns out), it was a large crowd. Cool to watch anyway. This year, I have an internal feeder set up right, at least in my mind, since it isn’t in the main boxes so if feels external for them. They are consuming about 0.6L of syrup per day. And it isn’t a big colony at all. 

It doesn’t seem to be a swarm as they did leave, at least for a bit, so local beekeepers won’t be able to help. 

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

@haldir: Sounds more like they are desperate for nectar right now (a dearth), so anything that could be sugary is attractive. Could mix some 1:1 cups sugar/water mix and see just how big of a crowd gets pulled away from the cans. May lead them away enough to use the garage.

Once they find a source, they return to the hive and tell others. Last year, when I was externally feeding “my” bees (and several other hives it turns out), it was a large crowd. Cool to watch anyway. This year, I have an internal feeder set up right, at least in my mind, since it isn’t in the main boxes so if feels external for them. They are consuming about 0.6L of syrup per day. And it isn’t a big colony at all. 

It doesn’t seem to be a swarm as they did leave, at least for a bit, so local beekeepers won’t be able to help. 

They are gone!!

I came downstairs after hearing the vacuum cleaner was going & we store it in the garage, so I was curious. As my son was putting it away I looked in there & they were gone. Hopefully they all made it through the garage door hole.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

true, but I don't think I would say "eek a person" 

I might.

@Crowley--sorry to hear about the scare, but I'm glad she's ok.

• Like 8

Ha. Just went to my dentist appointment. Denied!

Realized that my brother tested positive this morning for the ‘rona. Same brother we just spent the entire weekend with. No change for me, since I was working from home, and the wife as well. But my daughter now has to stay away from school for two weeks. 

Oddly enough, she may be able to go to work, tho. It’s just school she will need to avoid. 

EDIT: Nope. Can’t work for two weeks. 

Edited by Pegazus
  • Sad 19

22 hours ago, strawhat said:

Pumpkin Spice Kingdom Death?

Actually, I can come up with several ideas for what the KD "Pumpkin Spice" figure would look like...

18 hours ago, Marvin said:

I kinda wanna make marbles.

To replace those I've lost, obvs.

But also srsly tho.

I always wanted to get into glassblowing, but never had the time. There was a guy living up in... New Hampshire, I think?... that I knew from another forum I used to post on. He was a professional glassblower, and I ordered a 2-inch diameter custom marble from him.

It was awesome. Although it's not in my avatar pic, the marble currently rests in the mouth of the skull, which sits on my bed's headboard.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

@haldir:

Yeah, they can smell the soda sugar and anything fermenting in your trash.  Bees are a real problem at parks in the summer when they don't keep up on trash collection.  You'll always see them buzzing around, especially if there are soda cans and ice cream wrappers.

Keep a lid on the can and the garage closed as much as possible. 

• Like 6

Welp. I've gotta stop popping in to mourn the impending loss of Roscoe the wiener dog. Or maybe I should keep on doing it. Because every time I do, he takes a turn for the better. He miraculously started peeing on his own this morning and is still with us. They'll keep working on healing that back up and try to get those back feet working again, and hopefully he'll be with us a while yet.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2