Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I believe the standard response to this is: if you saw a 6 inch tall, naked human run across the floor, you’d freak out too!

Just saw a 3' tall one go zipping by here. That's not a rare occurence really. She's usually half naked.

• Haha 14
23 hours ago, Marvin said:

I kinda wanna make marbles.

To replace those I've lost, obvs.

But also srsly tho.

One of my local acquaintances was into glass blowing for a while.  He really enjoyed it but it was not a cheap hobby.  

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Page 419...

Okay... so It's been a week. Visited my sister over the weekend, which was wonderful. The drive home was long, but fine. But... as we unpacked the car... there was a need to take Mrs. Hamster to the hospital. High blood pressure. :down: Initially they thought that she'd have to stay in the hospital till Baby Hamster arrived (2-5 weeks?), but because her test results were so good, she came home today!

Still throws off the plans for the weekend, but I'm okay with that.

Okay, time to catch up...

Apparently I was so distracted that I missed the announcement.  Congratulations!!  That high blood pressure stuff is scary, though, hope it stays down for her.  

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Welp. I've gotta stop popping in to mourn the impending loss of Roscoe the wiener dog. Or maybe I should keep on doing it. Because every time I do, he takes a turn for the better. He miraculously started peeing on his own this morning and is still with us. They'll keep working on healing that back up and try to get those back feet working again, and hopefully he'll be with us a while yet.

Go Roscoe!

My brother and sister-in-law had some wiener dogs for awhile. Zoe is the only name I remember.

• Like 3

Hoh boy, a small part of me is saying "eep!" as the realization sets in regarding this expedition in Elite:Dangerous... A few hours (with plenty of side trips) got me 1/5th of the way to the starting waypoint.  This is going to be an interesting long haul, to say the least... 

On the flipside, I'm now getting some nicer screenshots now that I have various keys bound, so there is that... 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Welp. I've gotta stop popping in to mourn the impending loss of Roscoe the wiener dog. Or maybe I should keep on doing it. Because every time I do, he takes a turn for the better. He miraculously started peeing on his own this morning and is still with us. They'll keep working on healing that back up and try to get those back feet working again, and hopefully he'll be with us a while yet.

Hey, if telling us about him somehow puts him on the road to recovery, how can you not tell us all about him?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

The problem with running a short level 1-3 campaign is that three or four months later, you need another campaign.

Next week the kids will finish A Tree Grows in Aidentaugh

Reworking another old one - upping it to levels 4-6, since it too was originally done for levels 1-3.... I might be able to stretch it to levels 4-9, by addings a cuple more related dungeon crawls Megan's played this one. ::):

*EDIT* Nope, never mind - so have the kids.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Makes a lot of sense - the dog gets to hear the squeaks, the humans don't get annoyed by it.

I dunno, there's something super adorable about a big doggo wandering around with a squeaky toy. :wub:

Granted, I don't live with any doggos, though, so I can definitely see how it could get old pretty quickly.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 11
2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The problem with running a short level 1-3 campaign is that three or four months later, you need another campaign.

Next week the kids will finish A Tree Grows in Aidentaugh

Reworking another old one - upping it to levels 4-6, since it too was originally done for levels 1-3.... I might be able to stretch it to levels 4-9, by addings a cuple more related dungeon crawls Megan's played this one. ::):

*EDIT* Nope, never mind - so have the kids.

The Auld Grump

To heck with it - sending the kids to Rappan Athuck. (Maybe purple, maybe not - seems like a good idea at almost 4 AM....)

The Auld Grump - starting them off with Zelkor's Ferry, so not completely doomed. Going to make it a Raid & Return style game - going into the dungeons for set objectives, then leaving, rather than trying to do the dungeon in one long journey.

Ye gads! It's only been four years that I have been running the kids' game?

And Sam has only been in the game for three?

It feels like I have known them a whole lot longer than that....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 8