Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

We could start a GoFundMe. Book, your commission, and some stl files...

If I was interested, I'd probably just do the sculpts and then KS the STLs, but I am probably more likely to do that with Permian and Triassic creatures, as there is no copyright to worry about.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

If I was interested, I'd probably just do the sculpts and then KS the STLs, but I am probably more likely to do that with Permian and Triassic creatures, as there is no copyright to worry about.

Add a few Cambrian and Devonian ones as stretch goals and I'm your first backer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

to be fair, there were some really interesting and sometimes downright bizarre looking creatures during the Permian.

Diplocaulus anyone? See the source image

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 16

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Add a few Cambrian and Devonian ones as stretch goals and I'm your first backer.

Deal.  Hey you never know, I did just sculpt a Flumph after all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

Deal.  Hey you never know, I did just sculpt a Flumph after all.

I had to go and look again at the distinctions between those two.  I'm not sure a Flumph would even look out of place with some of that stuff. Some of it's practically mythos monsters...

• Like 13

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

The problem would be that a lot of the life in the Cambrian was not very large.  So unless we scaled it up, it would not make very good minis.

Dire cambrian monsters?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Just some inspiration in case "Someone" ever wants to sculpt stuff like this..:ph34r:

Tiktaalik ( Devonian)

image.png.1c837073b3dc97484474929bd74c46b6.png

Gorgonopsid and Estemmenosuchus ( Permian)

image.png.2c03b9c04196d960e9fbb63a4601a41c.png

Postosuchus ( Triassic)

image.png.02e266a3de3a8e8d12e931c9cbbd87ff.png

Anomalocaris ( Cambrian)

image.png.df3e1bb1cb7210deb8ed8b8de29ed1ac.png

4 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

The problem would be that a lot of the life in the Cambrian was not very large.  So unless we scaled it up, it would not make very good minis.

Some were pretty big..

History size chart: Cambrian by Dragonthunders on DeviantArt

• Like 15

Of course, the Devonian would give me the chance to sculpt this, one of my all time favorite creatures:

When monsters ruled the water: The Age of Fishes | Earth Archives

Dunkleosteus

I was super jealous when Reaper gave it to Jason in Bones V. :rolleyes:

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Wasn't there a pathfinder module that had russian world war one soldiers and their guns in it?

Reign of Winter adventure path, book 5 of 6 "Rasputin Must Die!"

Rasputin_Must_Die.jpg

Worlds at War

The search for the Queen of Witches finally ends when the Dancing Hut travels to Baba Yaga's homeland of Russia on the planet Earth. The year is 1918, and the First World War rages throughout Europe. The heroes find themselves in the wilds of Siberia, where they must face Russian soldiers armed with twentieth-century technology to infiltrate an ancient monastery and rescue Baba Yaga from her estranged son, Grigori Rasputin. Can the heroes kill the "Mad Monk"—who has already cheated death once before—and free Baba Yaga, or will they fall before the horrors of modern war?

This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Reign of Winter Adventure Path and includes:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Almost forgot the Silurian period with the giant sea scorpions:

Silurian Period-(444 mya to 419 mya) First land... | Sutori

Yep also awesome!

Don't forget the Ordovician Period 

image.png.7e865bccb87e4f03182dc78e6ad13694.png

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

Well, we'll see, I have to get those drakes done for the client who wants them, but needs some changes.  After that, I have another couple commissions to finish and then I will have free time.  That said, we are approaching winter in MN during a pandemic, so I will likely have a lot of free time this winter.

• Like 17

Just now, TaleSpinner said:

Well, we'll see, i have to get those drakes done for the client who wants them, but needs some changes.  After that I have another couple commissions to finish and then I will have free time.  That said, we are approaching winter in MN during a pandemic, so I will likely have a lot of free time this winter.

Well, and now you don't ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 11