Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I have to get those drakes done for the client who wants them, but needs some changes.  

Wait, what?

Your drakes got picked up by a client? Does this mean they'll see retail at some point? 

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Mind you, if that other project happens to be Gnomish battle mecha and constructs, I'm perfectly happy to get into a bidding war with @Glitterwolf  :poke:

Pssstt...Jasper, don't tell anyone, but I'll secretly help back your bid. :poke:

• Haha 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Wait, what?

Your drakes got picked up by a client? Does this mean they'll see retail at some point? 

Pssstt...Jasper, don't tell anyone, but I'll secretly help back your bid. :poke:

::P:

image.png.8ef5cfa80d40486f47e986fdb46676ae.png

Whistles innocently while dropping a few pics in @TaleSpinner's mailbox..

image.png.c78732f782e67ece80e7c496492ae5ef.pngimage.png.2f82c0d0ae775f3b39138642f22591b8.pngimage.png.cd67b236889270fc4d856b2394e820d1.pngimage.png.6eb0022b9fbda6ba5181e8cf42f95578.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I think they will, there are deep sea sharks as well and over 150 species.

Anyway during the mass extintions between 75% and over 90% of species were wiped out.

When we're gone life will go on and new species will rise.

I just wish I could somehow see how nature will look when humanity is gone and the Earth healed.

It will take a long time, but in the end it will happen.

pfft. Healing. Won't happen if the negative feedback loops of the world get shifted into positive feedback loops, and perpetuate damage instead of mitigate it. At a certain point, even us leaving won't let things recover.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

pfft. Healing. Won't happen if the negative feedback loops of the world get shifted into positive feedback loops, and perpetuate damage instead of mitigate it. At a certain point, even us leaving won't let things recover.

I'm a pretty strong believer that the world will continue no matter what we do. There are organisms that can survive in practically any environment right now. The issue is will we mess it up bad enough that we can't survive with most of what's recognisable to us. Long term the earth is amazingly resilient. Short term the locals may not live through a catastrophe and some catastrophes affect huge areas with global repercussions. 

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hmm, client, in metal...I would have a guess but I know my guess is biased against digital sculpts.  Not that you could confirm either way.

I'm pretty sure your guess would be wrong because that particular client truly does not want digital at all, so I did not approach him (though I'm working on showing him how good digital can be). Actually, I sold them by accident; I was working on another project for one of my main clients and he saw the print out I had of the blue one and asked about it.  I showed him and he took the whole set on the spot, a few changes pending.

39 minutes ago, Zink said:

I'm a pretty strong believer that the world will continue no matter what we do. There are organisms that can survive in practically any environment right now. The issue is will we mess it up bad enough that we can't survive with most of what's recognisable to us. Long term the earth is amazingly resilient. Short term the locals may not live through a catastrophe and some catastrophes affect huge areas with global repercussions. 

Yeah, the earth was a snowball once and it bounced back. That said, if it gets to the point that only extremophiles make it, mainly bacteria, will the Earth ever be able to get back to complex life forms? It is highly possible that the merger that caused the first eukaryote cells happened just once in the entire universe.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.cd3b9124293865a3c193de6504bafb2d.png

I feel like this is a perfect point to gripe on about dullcote.

Yep we're out Canada.

I will consider the airbrush solution proposed by Mr. Buglips.

I have to figure out a solution for the armies of dragons, duergar, lizardfolk and yetis I'm about to paint.

Another round of covid tests for the legacy household. Yay.

Daughter is home with a cough. Now I have the sniffles. We're gonna be fine though. Although the cabin fever set in six months ago.

I got up to five games of D&D and that wasn't enough escapism.

• Like 3
  • Sad 12