Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Wait, what?


Your drakes got picked up by a client? Does this mean they'll see retail at some point? 

 

Yes, and in metal to boot.  The 1" to 1.5" base remains a thing too.

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

pfft. Healing. Won't happen if the negative feedback loops of the world get shifted into positive feedback loops, and perpetuate damage instead of mitigate it. At a certain point, even us leaving won't let things recover.

 

I'm a pretty strong believer that the world will continue no matter what we do. There are organisms that can survive in practically any environment right now. The issue is will we mess it up bad enough that we can't survive with most of what's recognisable to us. Long term the earth is amazingly resilient. Short term the locals may not live through a catastrophe and some catastrophes affect huge areas with global repercussions. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

 

Yes, and in metal to boot.  The 1" to 1.5" base remains a thing too.

 

Hmm, client, in metal...I would have a guess but I know my guess is biased against digital sculpts.  Not that you could confirm either way.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, this hit a little to close to home for me. Have trouble concentrating lately.

 

Image may contain: text that says 'I came, saw, I forgot what I was doing, retraced my steps, and got distracted on my way back. I have no idea what's going on and now I have to pee.'

  • Like 3
  • Haha 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hmm, client, in metal...I would have a guess but I know my guess is biased against digital sculpts.  Not that you could confirm either way.

 

I'm pretty sure your guess would be wrong because that particular client truly does not want digital at all, so I did not approach him (though I'm working on showing him how good digital can be). Actually, I sold them by accident; I was working on another project for one of my main clients and he saw the print out I had of the blue one and asked about it.  I showed him and he took the whole set on the spot, a few changes pending.

 

 

39 minutes ago, Zink said:

 

I'm a pretty strong believer that the world will continue no matter what we do. There are organisms that can survive in practically any environment right now. The issue is will we mess it up bad enough that we can't survive with most of what's recognisable to us. Long term the earth is amazingly resilient. Short term the locals may not live through a catastrophe and some catastrophes affect huge areas with global repercussions. 

 

Yeah, the earth was a snowball once and it bounced back. That said, if it gets to the point that only extremophiles make it, mainly bacteria, will the Earth ever be able to get back to complex life forms? It is highly possible that the merger that caused the first eukaryote cells happened just once in the entire universe.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Might have to start melting down old Grenadier miniatures. :unsure:

 

Feelin' a bit Mel Gibson-y eh? ^_^

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.cd3b9124293865a3c193de6504bafb2d.png

I feel like this is a perfect point to gripe on about dullcote.

 

Yep we're out Canada.

I will consider the airbrush solution proposed by Mr. Buglips.

 

I have to figure out a solution for the armies of dragons, duergar, lizardfolk and yetis I'm about to paint.

 

Another round of covid tests for the legacy household. Yay.

 

Daughter is home with a cough. Now I have the sniffles. We're gonna be fine though. Although the cabin fever set in six months ago.

 

I got up to five games of D&D and that wasn't enough escapism.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, haldir said:

 

Feelin' a bit Mel Gibson-y eh? ^_^

 

LOL.

 

Literally of what I thought as I typed it, ngl.

 

~'Merican Braveheart 4eva~

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

 

pfft. Healing. Won't happen if the negative feedback loops of the world get shifted into positive feedback loops, and perpetuate damage instead of mitigate it. At a certain point, even us leaving won't let things recover.

 

1 hour ago, Zink said:

 

I'm a pretty strong believer that the world will continue no matter what we do. There are organisms that can survive in practically any environment right now. The issue is will we mess it up bad enough that we can't survive with most of what's recognisable to us. Long term the earth is amazingly resilient. Short term the locals may not live through a catastrophe and some catastrophes affect huge areas with global repercussions. 

 

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

 

I'm pretty sure your guess would be wrong because that particular client truly does not want digital at all, so I did not approach him (though I'm working on showing him how good digital can be). Actually, I sold them by accident; I was working on another project for one of my main clients and he saw the print out I had of the blue one and asked about it.  I showed him and he took the whole set on the spot, a few changes pending.

 

 

 

Yeah, the earth was a snowball once and it bounced back. That said, if it gets to the point that only extremophiles make it, mainly bacteria, will the Earth ever be able to get back to complex life forms? It is highly possible that the merger that caused the first eukaryote cells happened just once in the entire universe.

 

 

Well after the first extintion almost 99% of species where wiped out and it all bounced back.

There are many complex lifeforms in the Deep Sea, I'm pretty sure that over centuries it will all be alright again.

Maybe there won't be a human or something with similar intellect/stupidity around anymore but I do think the vertebrates and birds will still be around.

In the greater scheme of the Universe and Time we mean nothing.

 

But maybe we can prevent it after all.

I have hope.

 

I love nature and history, I do not mean to be pessimistic or something, I'm just observing and from all we've learned I guess that even when we manage to wipe ourselves and a lot of species out, there will always be a few that remain.

Also, I hope we will make it to the stars and eventually to another Solar System or two, because no matter what we do, in 5 Billion years the Sun will go Supernova and if we didn't make it to the stars it will all end.

 

Who knows how it will develop?

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Adept Legacy said:

I feel like this is a perfect point to gripe on about dullcote.

 

Yep we're out Canada.

I will consider the airbrush solution proposed by Mr. Buglips.

 

 

Have you tried Army Painter's Matt Varnish?

That seems to be pretty common around here. Bigger can too, and I find I get similar results.

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OneBoot said:

 

I dunno, there's something super adorable about a big doggo wandering around with a squeaky toy. :wub:

 

Granted, I don't live with any doggos, though, so I can definitely see how it could get old pretty quickly.

 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

 

It never gets old. ^_^ Just slightly inconvenient when you really need to hear something.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

It is highly possible that the merger that caused the first eukaryote cells happened just once in the entire universe.

 

Lightning can strike the same place twice though... just saying.

 

41 minutes ago, Adept Legacy said:

Daughter is home with a cough. Now I have the sniffles. We're gonna be fine though. Although the cabin fever set in six months ago.

 

As @Kuroneko brought the attention to this movie in the Movies thread, perhaps it is time to watch Muppet Treasure Island, and sing the "Cabin Fever" song. Seemed to help the ship's crew get out of their predicament.

 

And for the record, I did try to do the Time Warp yesterday. It did not get me out of this year. Yet another space-time-travel movie theory debunked.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...