Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Oh, and a heads-up for anyone who might be alarmed by what appear to be missing sections of the forum:

DON'T PANIC! :wow:

A lot of sections are being combined, moved or re-named as part of the aforementioned restructuring. This is both to assist with navigation and to make moderating easier, as well as just a general tidying up since some areas of the forum haven't been revisited (in an organizational sense) for several years.

So! Hold onto your hats and assorted footwear! Once the dust settles, the goal is for a more streamlined experience both here and on the Reaper Discord.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

<MOD>

Listen up folks. 

Moderation has been light in here for a while; that is changing today.

We will no longer be allowing even slightly innuendoed political postings. If your post vanishes and you do not receive a warning message, that is because you we skirting the line and we did not feel that your post deserved an admonishment. Don't worry about it, move on to something else.

Also, if we miss something posted by someone else, please do not assume we are playing favorites; it likely means we just missed something or did not pick up on it. This topic moves FAST and it is hard to read everything closely. Let me know privately and I will take care of it.  I am also not going to go back more than a day and filter through this topic.  it is in the past, let's leave it there.

So please steer well clear of political topics so I don't have to wear this uncomfortable mod hat.

Thank you.

</MOD>

I think Reaper has made the right decision here.

I have been pretty annoyed by some people who didn't go to Beekeepers but kept putting remarks in their random posts, just enough to start a discussion, sometimes people didn't react sometimes they did, but I've seen it.

Said people have even been warned / asked by other forumites to cut it out but it's a habit for some.

I do hope those particular people will understand and stop doing this, or that if it continues a Mod will act.

Even if it's a popular person.

Because in the end, it's not about if you agree or disagree with that person's views, it's about the future of this forum.

If we don't stop it now it will fall.

It almost did!

To be very honest, I fear for the worst, let's hope I'm wrong about it.

I would hate to see the Forum disappear.

Please let us all understand that is a rare place where we can have fun, post our minis, talk to each other and be friendly, regardless who you are.

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Myself, @TheAuldGrump and @malefactus are not amused...

I'm not sure how to read this, hope I didn't offend someone???

22 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Woohoo! 

... don't mind me, I just approve of more mods. ^^;

As do I!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I too celebrate the new exercise of authority! Strict guidelines and zealous monitoring are cornerstones of building a forum where all can feel respected and at ease.

I'm working hard to get on board!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Hey,  to keep y'all updated, no, I'm not dead. I'm just gonna be on a bit of a hiatus for a while now, so don't expect many posts from me in the near future. Life happened.

And when I do die, I'll be sure to post here and tell you. :poke:

Hey, I hope you're alright.

If we can help out let us know.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

It is highly possible that the merger that caused the first eukaryote cells happened just once in the entire universe.

While possible, I don't think, in the entire galaxy, let alone universe, that it was anything close to a singular event. I just don't see us being anywhere near all that special. We live around a pretty ordinary star, and we've discovered that not only are planets common, they come in a wide variety of types.

*looks around forums*

Hm.

Well... that's a thing.

COFFEE

• Like 9

6 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

I'm sorry Oneboot, but I am going to have a hard time thinking of the cute purple kitty as wielding dangerous modly powers

That's what makes her dangerous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

24 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

It's always the quiet ones in the back, or the cute unintimidating ones that you really need to watch out for...  Because they know when you'll drop your guard, and BAM! That's when they'll steal the cookies, and someone else gets blamed! 

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Oh, and a heads-up for anyone who might be alarmed by what appear to be missing sections of the forum:

DON'T PANIC! :wow:

A lot of sections are being combined, moved or re-named as part of the aforementioned restructuring. This is both to assist with navigation and to make moderating easier, as well as just a general tidying up since some areas of the forum haven't been revisited (in an organizational sense) for several years.

Might want to have different names for the sculpting and painting Show-off and WIP sections, because it gets really confusing on mobile. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Might want to have different names for the sculpting and painting Show-off and WIP sections, because it gets really confusing on mobile. 

Agreed - I ran into this problem last night when I went to add an update to one of my sculpting threads. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

so I'm getting a new office door installed on Monday.  The one in my office now doesn't seal against the weather, so I've had it taped shut. A new door means I'll have a usable exterior door and hopefully my office will stay warmer in the winter.  

When we booked the contractor for the work back in July, i decided that would be when I would rearrange my office, something I have been meaning to do since mid March.  And here we are on Friday, and I have yet to start the necessary clean up for the door install on Monday, let alone the rearrangement.

I should probably get to that. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Agreed - I ran into this problem last night when I went to add an update to one of my sculpting threads. 

@Reaper_Jon

(I'm not sure if I have the tools to do that or not) 

Huzzah! 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

I'm sorry @OneBoot, but I am going to have a hard time thinking of the cute purple kitty as wielding dangerous modly powers

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

She wields THE BOOTtm

Not only are you stomped, but you can never quite seem to clean off all of the glitter.

@buglips*the*goblin's stanky shoes isn't the only footwear you need to worry about.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Haha 9

29 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

@Reaper_Jon

(I'm not sure if I have the tools to do that or not) 

Huzzah! 

We don't, @Reaper_Jon will have to do that.  I would recommend the colon format like the tips sections; e.g. Show-off: Painting

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1