Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Made Nasi Goreng with Satey Ajam for dinner.

Yesterday my girl and me went out for dinner with friends.

It was awesome!

Great food and good company.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Sometimes it just feels right to attack the party with a swarm of kobolds.

Four were level 1 rogues, the rest level 1 warriors.

No one in the party speaks Kobolderkin. (Not Draconic kobolds have their own language, though their spellcasters do often know the tongue of dragons.)

The four rogues all concentrated on Megan's witch, and were using saps, and had ropes. It looks like it was meant to be a kidnapping - but whether it was because Megan is playing a gnome, a witch, or that she was just the most portable member of the party...?

So, having knocked most of the kobolds out - including all four rogues, the party is turning to the only person they think speaks Kobolderkin... Captain Casey.

We left off when the kobolds were presented to the captain, and literally soiled themselves, falling on their knees and groveling, pleading for their lives.

Unfortunately, the PCs were wrong - Casey doesn't speak Kobolderkin either. ::P:

*EDIT* Inspired by these guys -

1.jpg?token-time=1602385251&token-hash=7

These are not funny kobolds - and the weapons used by the warriors were smeared with... something. (Can you say Filth Fever? So can they.)

The Auld Grump

They weren't just groveling.

They were WORSHIPING.

That is a beholder CULT.

Which means there's another beholder here. Or more than one.

How many beholders do we have now?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

That makes it sound like Testor's may be spiralling down, cutting costs, even the ones that bring in money.

Border's was doing the same kind of thing, our last year.

Rusto-Testor's is pretty much getting rid of everything that isn't the regular Testor's line. 

As quoted from a google search:

"Testors has decided to discontinue a number of popular paint brands in response to what it calls a changing modeling market. Rust-Oleum, which owns Testors, recently announced that it was discontinuing its Model Master acrylic, Pactra spray and Aztek airbrush paint brands so that it could focus more on other products.May 6, 2020"

http://rrmodelcraftsman.com/testors-discontinues-popular-lines-of-model-paint/#:~:text=Testors has decided to discontinue,focus more on other products.

So at least Dullcoat will still be made as it's in the regular line up. Who knows if the formula will change. Granted if Rusty's decided to combine their matte spray make bigger cans of Testor's Dullcoat, by all means go right ahead. I like Testor's paints, but I hate their spray cans, the nozzles are just a waste of plastic. As long as you can decan the paint, you're good to go. I do use D-Coat sprayed (heck I used some yesterday right before my game. ^_^

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I haven't heard of credits for degrees expiring when you use them.  Reusing credits is how a lot of these people with 10 degrees get there before they are 50.

Not sure though.  I got my ChE and I have been running successfully on that for my entire career.  

I'll have to look into that more closely. A lot of them are 10+ years old now so I'm not sure how/if things have changed since then.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I understand about the high shipping/tariff problem.

Seems to me one possible solution would be to form local "hobby co-ops" that can place big enough orders to save on shipping for hard/impossible to obtain items.

GEM

Always a phantom US mailbox or known person across the US border that could ship items. When I was part of a scale model board, Canajuns would always get their US friends to help em out. At least the ones near the borders like Detroit.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'll have to look into that more closely. A lot of them are 10+ years old now so I'm not sure how/if things have changed since then.

If it's anything like what happened to me when I went to get my second engineering degree, it wasn't just a question of how many credits, but which ones. All depending if a new class is equivalent enough to the old one or not.

When I went back, nearly half of the credits of my old degree were equivalent to those of the new program. Several changed enough (like my computer programing class), that I'd have to take the course again, or the core focus was too different to be considered equivalent.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Always a phantom US mailbox or known person across the US border that could ship items. When I was part of a scale model board, Canajuns would always get their US friends to help em out. At least the ones near the borders like Detroit.

There is a whole business around this now, with shops signed up all along the border.  $5 charge per package I think, last I saw, which is nothing when shipping can be easily $30-50 more, if not more, or just not available.  I was looking into it for Kickstarters and such since I'm about an hour from the Maine border, but then....2020 happened.  So maybe next year, or 2022......

• Like 8

On 9/25/2020 at 11:40 PM, OneBoot said:

Zero stars. Manifestly disappointed that LAVA FLOW did not, in fact, include actual lava. Would like refund due to false advertising, as well as free car wash with promised lava.

LMAO!

Sending a screen shot of this to my big customer here in Des Moines, he'll get a kick out of it, too. 

On 9/26/2020 at 10:46 AM, ManvsMini said:

Did you have "Car Wash" playing on repeat? All other answers may be unacceptable, but will be considered.

Back when it was a big thing for Verizon customers to have songs for their ring back tones that the caller would hear, I got sick of that song.  So many car wash owners chose it...

Spent the weekend fixing my trailer electrical. In the end, the problem turned out to be the simplest thing, but the most improbable.  The rear part of the frame is somehow no longer part of the chassis ground - or at least not enough for the new LED trailer lights I had purchased.  

Finally figured this out after replacing the trailer tail lights, then the plug on the Toyota, and then redoing the entire trailer harness. 

My wife finally did her first plate for the kiln - a purple and confetti variant of the heart plate I showed here  earlier.  She got tired of waiting for me to make another one after I sold that one.  Now I don't need to feel so guilty about her buying me the kiln. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@Reaper_Jon Hey, since they're doing this and that with the forums, any chance we could get a dark mode as well?  Would be lovely to not have the forum zorch my eyes ^_^

• Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

@Reaper_Jon Hey, since they're doing this and that with the forums, any chance we could get a dark mode as well?  Would be lovely to not have the forum zorch my eyes ^_^

I'll look into it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have the tail end of a migraine currently. I really want Asian food. There's a really good teriyaki place in town as well as a new Thai place. And don't get me wrong they both sound amazing. The problem is that they are both closed today. ::(: 

We were going to celebrate our 10th anniversary a day early (it's tomorrow) since I don't feel well but looks like I'll have to wait and figure something else out for food. Sucks that no one delivers out here.

• Sad 10

@Reaper_Jon I want to thank you and the other Reaperpeeps for showing the forum some love again.

For some of us it's the only hobby/social media thing.

Also thanks for the reorganization and bringing back some tranquility.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4