Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

8 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Reaper_Jon I want to thank you and the other Reaperpeeps for showing the forum some love again.

For some of us it's the only hobby/social media thing.

Also thanks for the reorganization and bringing back some tranquility.

Seriously.  I get lost on the Discord after about 30 seconds.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9
  • Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Y'know, that is not something that ever crossed my mind but I think it would be a great idea. My first recollections of hearing about food anthropology were from Good Eats way back in the day. I mean if I had known I wouldn't have actually been able to work in a restaurant like intended I probably would have gone for this the first time round.

You Tube Channel could be the entry point/introduction for people to source [through you] hard to find components for various cultural dishes.

Also, cookbooks.  when I was active in the SCA i was actively searching for period appropriate cookbooks all the time.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

I do not do facebook/twitter/discord.

I do sometimes watch the Twitch videos, but the comment section is chaotic.

This forum is much nicer for me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Forum Mascot
24 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

@Reaper_Jon Hey, since they're doing this and that with the forums, any chance we could get a dark mode as well?  Would be lovely to not have the forum zorch my eyes ^_^

Switching between the Discord with dark background and the forum with light background flashblinds me every time :lol:

7 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

It takes some getting used to, but once you've been there a week or so navigation gets very easy.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

I'll look into it!

Many thanks! 

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Switching between the Discord with dark background and the forum with light background flashblinds me every time :lol:

Similar thing here, except it was popping between Elite:Dangerous out in the black and this forum... So its similar, except much darker, with the occasional bit of orange for the main screen. 

Or binary white-blue star. Those are "fun" to come out of hyperspace to. So brigh. So bluish.  So... Thankful my Diamondback Explorer is efficient with heat! 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

You keep saying "anthropology" and I keep reading "anthropophagy".

Soylent Green is People!!!!!  ::D:

Also... (not for the squeamish)

Spoiler

I now have a wonderfully disturbing image of a horde of frogs (with sharp teeth) gnawing on corpses stuck in my head.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Soylent Green is People!!!!!  ::D:

Also... (not for the squeamish)

Hide contents

I now have a wonderfully disturbing image of a horde of frogs (with sharp teeth) gnawing on corpses stuck in my head.

You've been listening at doors, you have!

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Flocks of cockatrices are best avoided, 2nd best dealt with from a distance, 3rd best allowed into melee range. Thankfully for the party members that weren't already statues, the burn nicely under the heat of a fireball spell. 

Productive day, aside form D&D, and tomorrow should be as well. Going to attempt to visit Trader Joe's... We're down to the last bit of Pumpkin Spice waffle mix, and want to restock for the year. I'm hoping Monday morning won't be too busy.

• Like 9
56 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Also, I've been playing a lot of Five Leagues From The Borderlands.  Here's the latest turn.

pixlr_20200927203639553.jpg

Really need to play that one of these days. I've had all the rules for well over a year. Despite quarantine we stalled badly on mini games this year. Haven't played in ages although #1 son is wanting to again. Have played a lot of different board games at least so not a total loss on the gaming front.

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, Zink said:

Really need to play that one of these days. I've had all the rules for well over a year. Despite quarantine we stalled badly on mini games this year. Haven't played in ages although #1 son is wanting to again. Have played a lot of different board games at least so not a total loss on the gaming front.

I find it's much more mud & blood fantasy along the lines of The Black Company.  The obvious comparison is to Rangers of Shadow Deep, which i find to be much more Legolas.

• Like 7
Just now, Froggy the Great said:

I find it's much more mud & blood fantasy along the lines of The Black Company.  The obvious comparison is to Rangers of Shadow Deep, which i find to be much more Legolas.

The kids and I really like ROSD and this looked like a good fit too. I actually prefer low fantasy in my games. Need to read it over again.

• Like 7