Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

So I heard part of Science podcast that mentioned lucid dreamers learn skills faster if they intentionally dream about them. 

So when I woke up briefly at 3am I decided to dream about painting minis.  

(sometimes I have full lucid dreams, but its not always successful) 

I dreamed (non lucid) about being on a crime scene/post mortem clean up crew,  where I was cleaning up a house belonging to a dead gamer/ painter. 

I didn't get to actually paint anything.   that dream seems a lot more morbid now that im writing it down. 

instead I had a partially lucid dream that I could return to a saved point if i didn't like how it was going. 

I dont remember any events in that dream, but it counts.

Oddly, I woke up twice last night and both times I was dreaming about miniatures.  Unfortunately I was apparently dreaming about still not having my Death Troopers or Inferno Squads painted, so perhaps I'm lucidly working on improving my procrastinating skills? :blink:

Off to go listen to Silent Lucidity.....

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Yoda and Luke are walking through the swamp. Part of their usual training course involves shimmying along a cliff ledge, but today, there's a long break in the ledge they can't cross.

"Something for this, I have." Yoda says.

He reaches into his bag and takes out a bunch of regular dinner table forks and a rill of duct tape. He tapes several forks together to make a bridge and lays it down, allowing the two of them to get across.

When they get back to Yoda's hovel, they find that some creature has chewed a hole in the fence around Yoda's garden. "Something for this, I have." Yoda says again. Once again, he takes a bunch of forks out of his bag and, using duct tape, tapes them in to patch the hole.

Yoda and Luke return to Yoda's home, where Yoda looks through his bag. He's used all his forks but one, he discovers. "That's on Master." Luke says, wanting to be helpful. "I'll write us a note reminding us to buy more." So he writes the note and uses the very last fork to pin it to the bulletin board.

He looks down at Yoda expecting pride, but instead finds a look of horror. "Master Yoda!" he asks. "What did I do wrong?"

Spoiler

Yoda replies sagely, "A Jedi uses the forks for no ledge and the fence. Never for a tack!"

• Haha 21

Well this will be a long day. I decided to transfer a bunch of files from the old laptop to the new.  I forgot the USB ports on the old were going out.... so trying to transfer files to the USB drive that keeps cutting in and out is a pain. 

• Sad 7

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

You know you didn't have to fight them at all. They were just watching you! :lol:

COFFEE (and advil... stupid back... stupid hospital chair)

I blame the Cleric.  the wizard was willing to live and let live.

The bugbears, on the other hand, were asking for it!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The soup is being made. I'm going to have to hit the hay way late today because I tried to follow directions instead of my gut. <_<

But, this is going to be so worth it (I hope)!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

It seems I'll be working from home some more...

Contact isolation?

I’m on Month 6 of working from home. I really don’t like it. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Does UV work on that?  I have a UV grtup for my old fish tank I mainly keep around because there is nothing alive on the other side of the exposure.  When I took slide samples from my salt water tank (I was curious) the result was a holocaust like imagery: so many dead and ruptured micro-organiams...

Here's a link to an article from Gizmodo giving details on the micro-organism of concern that came in this AM:

https://gizmodo.com/it-s-2020-so-of-course-a-texas-city-is-dealing-with-a-1845197440?utm_source=gizmodo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-09-28

GEM

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TripleH said:
Yoda and Luke are walking through the swamp. Part of their usual training course involves shimmying along a cliff ledge, but today, there's a long break in the ledge they can't cross.

"Something for this, I have." Yoda says.

He reaches into his bag and takes out a bunch of regular dinner table forks and a rill of duct tape. He tapes several forks together to make a bridge and lays it down, allowing the two of them to get across.

When they get back to Yoda's hovel, they find that some creature has chewed a hole in the fence around Yoda's garden. "Something for this, I have." Yoda says again. Once again, he takes a bunch of forks out of his bag and, using duct tape, tapes them in to patch the hole.

Yoda and Luke return to Yoda's home, where Yoda looks through his bag. He's used all his forks but one, he discovers. "That's on Master." Luke says, wanting to be helpful. "I'll write us a note reminding us to buy more." So he writes the note and uses the very last fork to pin it to the bulletin board.

He looks down at Yoda expecting pride, but instead finds a look of horror. "Master Yoda!" he asks. "What did I do wrong?"

Hide contents

Yoda replies sagely, "A Jedi uses the forks for no ledge and the fence. Never for a tack!"

"May the Forks be with you"

Hey! Somebody had to say it. ::P:

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Contact isolation?

Normally we take shifts, a few days at home, at few days at the base.

New measures have been announced because we're in a second wave of the virus now ( the Netherlands)

I will know for sure tomorrow, but it seems our Commander wants us to work from home as much as possible.

Not really cool...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 8

Fairly productive day. Met my brother halfway to swap fresh orchard apples for his picking up my meds (compound pharmacy makes it, and we don't have one in my town). Was able to take Molly with me for a nice hour long car ride that didn't end with her at the vet, though she'll hate me next week when I take her in to have those lumps on her neck removed... trying not to worry too much about that, but I'll be a nervous wreck while she is in surgery (they may keep her overnight too, and she's never spent a day or night apart from me).

Ran a few errands around town, and picked up dad's order of mulch for the yard. A tip of the hat to the lady at the store register, she was kind enough to let me use his veteran discount despite his not being present, as the info was stored in the computer. Now it's raining, so not much else to do until dinner time.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Wait till you get to month 170 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Fairly productive day. Met my brother halfway to swap fresh orchard apples for his picking up my meds (compound pharmacy makes it, and we don't have one in my town). Was able to take Molly with me for a nice hour long car ride that didn't end with her at the vet, though she'll hate me next week when I take her in to have those lumps on her neck removed... trying not to worry too much about that, but I'll be a nervous wreck while she is in surgery (they may keep her overnight too, and she's never spent a day or night apart from me).

Ran a few errands around town, and picked up dad's order of mulch for the yard. A tip of the hat to the lady at the store register, she was kind enough to let me use his veteran discount despite his not being present, as the info was stored in the computer. Now it's raining, so not much else to do until dinner time.

I understand, I also always worry about my dog when such things happen.

However, Molly will probably be sedated and will sleep for most of it.

Here's hoping all goes well!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1