Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

I understand, I also always worry about my dog when such things happen.

However, Molly will probably be sedated and will sleep for most of it.

Here's hoping all goes well!

Thanks, and she will be under general anesthesia, which she has undergone once (she somehow got a lithium ion battery out of a noise-making dog toy and swallowed it when she was 7 months old, so that was 6 hours at the animal emergency to get it out of her... and no more toys with batteries). We also opted to do the CT scan at the same time so they can get a better idea before they go cutting into her. I met the surgeon back in January when he did an extensive surgery on the cat, so I'm confident he has skills.

But still... it's near her throat, and if whatever it is (currently just diagnosed as a lipoma but felt bigger a few days ago) has begun to go deeper into vital areas, she could have problems. I'm going to worry regardless. She chose me as her protector during the first 24 hours she was here, and it hasn't changed in 2.5 years (little blurry of a photo, but she's sitting right between my legs after the vacuum scared her):

Mollypup.jpg.b938aa68ef0cf3a0da6d70f3800e82a0.jpg

• Like 19
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Normally we take shifts, a few days at home, at few days at the base.

New measures have been announced because we're in a second wave of the virus now ( the Netherlands)

I will know for sure tomorrow, but it seems our Commander wants us to work from home as much as possible.

Not really cool...

At least working from home is safe, and you get more time with doggo! :)

• Like 13
1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Fairly productive day. Met my brother halfway to swap fresh orchard apples for his picking up my meds (compound pharmacy makes it, and we don't have one in my town). Was able to take Molly with me for a nice hour long car ride that didn't end with her at the vet, though she'll hate me next week when I take her in to have those lumps on her neck removed... trying not to worry too much about that, but I'll be a nervous wreck while she is in surgery (they may keep her overnight too, and she's never spent a day or night apart from me).

Fingers crossed for Molly! Here's hoping she takes it in her stride and is back with you, safe and sound, as soon as possible after the surgery. Give her a big hug from me.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:24 PM, ManvsMini said:

Feel better! Remember to put laxatives in the water cooler if this is some bug brought back by one of your dozen co-workers who went on that trip a few weeks ago... :devil:

On 9/27/2020 at 4:27 PM, Kangaroorex said:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  Hope you get to feeling better

Thanks everyone, it's nothing serious, just something pops up once in a while and leaves me at a low ebb. Mostly over it now, thank goodness.

On 9/27/2020 at 1:35 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Potato?

Potatoes.jpg.d9eabba380a1f9f5560a6d03d1f25343.jpg

That's pretty creepy, it reminds me of a traditional Scottish Halloween neep (turnip).

Part-DV-DV2166028-1-1-0.jpg.4497e709099676c46bb6b62e48874d0d.jpg

In the interests of food anthropology, here's a guide to making your very own carved neep :ph34r:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtsbdj7L9mY

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

@SparrowMarie Congratulations on your anniversary. Sincere condolences for your loss, may your friend rest in peace. Sending love and sympathy.

I found some people willing to buy some bits that I was looking to sell from my Chaos Start Collecting, so that's very nice. Brings it down to about $10 for 10 Chaos Space Marines and a Master of Posessions model, very pleased with that. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

At least working from home is safe, and you get more time with doggo! :)

That has absolutely been a blessing. One of the few upsides to the last 6+ months.

Tried painting, didn't go well, and rather than screw up the Dark Maiden, I decided to clean and assemble some new things to work on. Merkillor (old metal version and resin ReaperCon version) and Zoraida the Hag from Malifaux (standard and alternative versions). Have to admit, not a big fan of working with resin, even if the sculpt is better for Merkillor. I am debating replacing the sword with a weapon from the Bones 3 weapon set. We'll see.

Just enjoyed a pumkin beer, and the final episode of The Mandalorian. Good stuff.... So was the beef stew in the IP.

• Like 9

I did a bread. 

.. actually, I did two breads. One of them will be nommed, the other will be chopped and dried and made into stuffing.. and then nommed. Probably with roast beef.

The nice lady who does the Inn at the Crossroads blog wrote cookbooks. The bread came out of one of them... and I'm hoping it'll be good. 

@SparrowMarie you might want to look her up; when I tripped over her blog, she was recreating medieval recipes. Then she started doing Song of Ice and Fire food, and ... well, then there's now, and I just made a couple of loaves of Mulgore Spice Bread. >.>

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I did a bread. 

.. actually, I did two breads. One of them will be nommed, the other will be chopped and dried and made into stuffing.. and then nommed. Probably with roast beef.

The nice lady who does the Inn at the Crossroads blog wrote cookbooks. The bread came out of one of them... and I'm hoping it'll be good. 

@SparrowMarie you might want to look her up; when I tripped over her blog, she was recreating medieval recipes. Then she started doing Song of Ice and Fire food, and ... well, then there's now, and I just made a couple of loaves of Mulgore Spice Bread. >.>

Thanks, I will check that out!

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

They have announced that LA Comicon will be happening live in December.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow for Dec 11 thru 13th event.

GEM

Hopefully the cosplayers will be incorporating masks into their costumes. Bane, Shredder, any of the ninjas from Mortal Kombat, ...

• Like 13
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Louisiana or Los Angeles? 'Cause I didn't think such a gathering was much in the cards for the latter any time soon.

I made a sandwich for supper earlier. Am I crazy, or was this a pretty good-looking sandwich?

98AE25E4-A441-4707-BE17-CB7350365EB4.thumb.jpeg.b8db48ea1f032baf717cc91fa69472e1.jpeg

It's Los Angeles, and where's my sandwich?

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 6