Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Huh. The property I’ll be getting is just an hour’s detour from the drive to ReaperCon. 

Camping out has already been shot down by my better half. So, we will just visit next trip. 

I probably need to go to sleep now. The wrong letters keep getting typed, as I extend my right thumb too far left when pecking at the phone’s keypad.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Huh. The property I’ll be getting is just an hour’s detour from the drive to ReaperCon. 

Camping out has already been shot down by my better half. So, we will just visit next trip. 

I probably need to go to sleep now. The wrong letters keep getting typed, as I extend my right thumb too far left when pecking at the phone’s keypad.

Just a thought but one of the fifth wheel type trailers makes a good starting point for developing a property if you have a spouse who is objecting to the whole "camping out" thing.  Most of the amenities of home but locatable to your soon to be new property.

Amd you don't actually have to own a 5th wheel equipped truck, there are services who will move them for you.  For a fee of course.

GEM

• Like 9

8 hours ago, aku-chan said:

::(:

When you think about it, the Star Wars universe is a surprisingly terrible, carp-hole of a place to live in.

When I think about it, I conclude that all the interesting planets are all strange, quasi low-tech, poorly developed, somewhat isolated, unusual  backwaters.  The movies never show us many or much of the planets that are developed, high-tech, and up and running. There must be thousands of those, but things mostly work well in those places which makes them 1)  too boring to make an appearance, but 2) the majority of the inhabited worlds of The Old Republic.

4 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

…surviving outages was easier when It was safe to go places. 

Books ! Made of……. wait for it…….. wait for it……..   paper.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, Marvin said:

Anybody know where I can get player maps, unlabeled and all, for the key areas of Rime of the Frostmaiden? I feel like I've got everything else about in hand for runnning online, but I'd really like those specific main areas mapped out clean and right for the players for the big moments of combat and exploration and all. Do the D&D Beyond versions of adventures generally include player maps? My understanding is the Roll20 setup offers such maps, but that'd be fitty whole dollars to buy the book again, and uh. Yikes.

To answer my own question: D&D Beyond was the answer. They could have made that a little clearer lol.

But the "compendium content only" option is basically a digital copy of the book but includes the player maps I was seeking. Saved me $30 off the roll20 option, so I'm pleased.

• Like 6

On 9/17/2020 at 9:35 AM, Inarah said:
On 9/17/2020 at 9:28 AM, TGP said:

Tentative conclusions from the experiment:

1) Gryffins should not be allowed to prepare food. 
2) The experiment failed to produce anything lethal (as the aforementioned test Gryffin remains among the living).

Looks ok.  Suggestion:  microwave potato as usual.  Scoop out soft inner part and mix with butter and cheese. Stuff it back into potato skins and microwave again. 

Imma go fry me an egg for breakfast. 

I implemented your Suggestion...

B3B6CC9F-9C31-4C3C-BE9F-A3BC5700311C.thumb.jpeg.a21d74d199e18dc2005656a30d1a83a8.jpeg
Hiding in a drawer, never used, a scoop was found. 

4FCC4F76-09B2-4FBE-A6B4-FEBC754F59E2.thumb.jpeg.49d53b8333698c5702621056b52d76fd.jpeg

Some potato was scooped out, thrown in a bowl, with a glob of mayo,  some shredded cheese, pepper, a splat of Dijon mustard, and paprika. All of that was mixed thoroughly. Then it was spooned back into the potatoes. 

And zapped a bit more to melt the cheese a bit. (I forgot the butter though.)

Edited by TGP
Added pix and captions.
  • Like 16

Whoo, with hubby's help we've figured out a gameplan that will get me a new joystick in a month or so, plus still be able to make my Bones V a box chock full of dragons, mwa ha ha ha ha! ^_^

• Like 10

5 hours ago, sumbloke said:

You know, my car is one of the cheaper models out there...   

A brand new, electric version is about one quarter the price of a new Tesla. 

(Only thing stopping me from selling my soul for the Electric is that it has a range of 200Km.)

And if I got a 3seater work van diesel version, it's about that price, too. 

(Electrics have almost no taxes here... )

It's what the poor blokes driving Ford Couriers dream about...   

• Like 7

COFFEE!!

And another long day at work...   My back is still killing me from that night I spent on the hospital chair.... ugh...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

(Only thing stopping me from selling my soul for the Electric is that it has a range of 200Km.)

I think this is one of the main things that's put me off electric this time around.  I've not gone this year yet for reasons, but my parent's house is about a 6 hour drive and I go home to visit and that's with only minimal stops along the way. even if charging stations existed along the way it would add at least two more hours to have to stop and recharge a couple of times to get there.

Once I'm back in the office my round trip commute is nearly 80 miles, and while within that range I'd still have paranoia about over extending or what happens when the battery starts to get old and doesn't hold as much charge, etc.

• Like 7

I finally got the refund for the trip to Norway that was canceled back in March.  That took a little while...

• Like 17
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

1599342430819.thumb.jpg.0ae62b3fa41bfd2c8ca19cbe6f618001.jpg

October has come! Now is the time for the ritual greeting of it with the Peanuts Halloween Special. 

Needs more Red Baron and Schroeder playing ominous music in the background.

Knowing them, they'll just manage to summon Woodstock.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

Nothing worse than a missing package of magnets in a room full of computers.....where they heck did I put those???  I found the "slightly" bigger ones but the pack I know I have (there is one glued in a mini right there!) has gone AWOL.....

I've pondered getting an electric car for my next daily driver (assuming we eventually go back to working in the office...if work from home becomes permanent then no). But that's dependent on us still having at least one car with a real range and that you can refill quickly for longer trips.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

COFFEE!!

And another long day at work...   My back is still killing me from that night I spent on the hospital chair.... ugh...

Wait, I missed something somewhere. 

• Like 4