Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

15 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Apparently there's a bunch of them all over Manhattan. I'll make it a point to visit one soon-ish. We don't make it out of Brooklyn very often, what with the pandemic and all, but it's on the list!

Ghostbusters 2 was fun. Been a while since I watched it. Thinking I may be able to talk Mrs Hamster into a Vigo the Carpathian painting to hang over the crib...

Better stock up on some happy slime. :poke:

GB2 was a fun movie, not as good as the first one but still a good movie. Toaster in that is probably a good reason for no wifi connectivity in certain appliances!!

Tomorrow morning marks my 3rd week gaming at my house in the garage. Going well, just wish we could get at least 2 more players. Supposedly, 1 players is trying to get someone to come but they end up being busy each time. I'm also trying to get a former player at the store but he's a teenager & well, teenager things. Hoping he can make it sometime, he was a fun person/player to be around. I enjoy DMing at the FLGS, but it's kinda nice being in my own place for D&D. (at least the wifi is allot more reliable. :lol:)

I totally didn't do any mini prep/gathering for tomorrow so minis will probably be my dry erase tokens I got off a KS. I did pick up those jackalwere, I might try finding some werewolves but overall I was pretty meh about finding things this week. I really need to re-organize my minis. They are so out of wack right now. Thou, even being a tier 1 adventure, there are some big groups of minis, more critters then I have of minis for somethings.

I decided to put some vacation time, so about this time next week, I'll be starting it! It's my "before the holidays really hit" time away.

• Like 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Apparently there's a bunch of them all over Manhattan. I'll make it a point to visit one soon-ish. We don't make it out of Brooklyn very often, what with the pandemic and all, but it's on the list!

Take your time and be safe, hopefully at least one of them will still be operating so you can visit one safely. Brooklyn... so do you know Grimaldi's Pizzeria? I haven't been to that place in 20 years, back when I was still in high school.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Did a rust monster bite you?

Alas, nothing so spectacular. Rolled a 1 with my pocket knife while doing some dirtyish work last night.

Probably could've gone on without it, but I get paranoid about that stuff. It's the one vaccine that makes me feel better about life.

Though I did get the whole TDAP this time...

And I kinda can't feel my face right now...

• Like 8
  • Confused 3

Speaking of my FLGS, I went up there this week after they re-opened on Monday due to the COVID19 case amongst the staff. Personally, I've stayed away from places that I know have cases at them (thou kinda hard to do say at Wallyworld here, etc). When we had our first public case of it at a local convience store that my family frequents I didn't go in there for months afterwards. Yes, people came in a disinfected the place & such but being one of the first public places & also one of the first cases of it during the pandemic around here I felt better just not going.

Now my FLGS is different, the COVID case is well into the pandemic & I know for a fact my FLGS has better cleaning protocols then most places in this town. They follow all state & fed guidelines when it comes to safety. The events area is now in the back room & only 1 group can be in there at a time, thus we have 1 game per night each week. After I told em I wasn't going to DM the Monday AL games for a while, I thought about it & in the end I went up there Thursday (mainly cause I needed those jackalwere minis for tomorrow). I told em I'd be back DMing, not next Monday but the Monday after that (12th) which is actually the week of my vacation, so bonus for me! I did get the newest AL mod for the new season (Seas 10), the Icewind Dale season. It's a interesting starter adventure, with the PCs doing tasks for "Mother Walrus" an awakened walrus. She was a animal companion to a druid. She has a family of awakened animals & such. Hoping the season has some good adventures. I'll run a Ravenloft game on the Monday before Halloween as well. Gotta bring back my Dark inspiration dice!!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Alas, nothing so spectacular. Rolled a 1 with my pocket knife while doing some dirtyish work last night.

Probably could've gone on without it, but I get paranoid about that stuff. It's the one vaccine that makes me feel better about life.

Though I did get the whole TDAP this time...

And I kinda can't feel my face right now...

Are you sure you didn't get botox instead? :huh:

• Haha 10

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Ghostbusters 2 was fun. Been a while since I watched it. Thinking I may be able to talk Mrs Hamster into a Vigo the Carpathian painting to hang over the crib...

With a lenticular effect so either the eyes follow you or it switches between Vigo and the group painting from the end?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Went to Walgreens for a tetanus shot tonight. Had to sit and wait a while. Pretty empty, but I feel all COVIDy now. Oh, life.

They didn't offer an in-car shot option? I've been getting bombarded by calls from my pharmacies and doctor's office that they are offering such services for the flu shot in my area.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

They didn't offer an in-car shot option? I've been getting bombarded by calls from my pharmacies and doctor's office that they are offering such services for the flu shot in my area.

Dunno if they do that or not. I called, and they said come in. I waited 'til slow hours but otherwise just rolled on in.

And I mean it was fine honestly. Most folks out there are having to get out and go in stores and go to work all the time, and this is the first trip I've made into a building in weeks.

Or, well. I did hit the gun shops last week, but that was v. limited exposure. I encountered all of a dozen people in the store tonight, and only the pharmacist within six feet.

I wish it didn't make me so uptight, but germs are a big source of anxiety for me anyway. I count myself lucky I've been able to distance like I have, but I do try to rein myself in enough to do necessary things like this.

#cope

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

You know, I have never once had Taco Bell in my life. It honestly just looks like a recipe for digestive issues.

The only thing I ever get from taco bell is their shredded chicken burritos. No beans, just chicken, flavored rice, cheese and avocado ranch sauce. I'll be very sad if/when they get discontinued.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

I wish it didn't make me so uptight, but germs are a big source of anxiety for me anyway. I count myself lucky I've been able to distance like I have, but I do try to rein myself in enough to do necessary things like this.

#cope

I hear that in a big way. The first few months were absolute misery for me; I felt I had to shower after I came home from anywhere (the small handful of times I left the house), and I legitimately panicked if MrBoot didn't wash his hands the second he walked in the door. 

I've mostly managed to beat down the majority of the more extreme reactions, and have settled a new no-man's land boundary between my "being like a normal person" and "unable to function because stupid germs are freaking everywhere and I can't turn my brain off." Current concessions include washing my hands even more often, touching personal belongings as little as possible when out in public, keeping a bottle of sanitizer handy in the car, and keeping my cell phone in a sandwich baggie while at work/running errands (so I don't have to sanitize it every time I come home. It works surprisingly well; the only thing I can't easily do with it like that is call people lol).

Anyways, probably more than anyone really wanted to know, but it helps to talk about it. 

Um, have a cute picture of a bird:

b7ca0cd63aa055ae7c3aa9ad65dec82f.jpg

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 16