Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Apparently there's a bunch of them all over Manhattan. I'll make it a point to visit one soon-ish. We don't make it out of Brooklyn very often, what with the pandemic and all, but it's on the list!

Ghostbusters 2 was fun. Been a while since I watched it. Thinking I may be able to talk Mrs Hamster into a Vigo the Carpathian painting to hang over the crib...

With a lenticular effect so either the eyes follow you or it switches between Vigo and the group painting from the end?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Went to Walgreens for a tetanus shot tonight. Had to sit and wait a while. Pretty empty, but I feel all COVIDy now. Oh, life.

They didn't offer an in-car shot option? I've been getting bombarded by calls from my pharmacies and doctor's office that they are offering such services for the flu shot in my area.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

They didn't offer an in-car shot option? I've been getting bombarded by calls from my pharmacies and doctor's office that they are offering such services for the flu shot in my area.

Dunno if they do that or not. I called, and they said come in. I waited 'til slow hours but otherwise just rolled on in.

And I mean it was fine honestly. Most folks out there are having to get out and go in stores and go to work all the time, and this is the first trip I've made into a building in weeks.

Or, well. I did hit the gun shops last week, but that was v. limited exposure. I encountered all of a dozen people in the store tonight, and only the pharmacist within six feet.

I wish it didn't make me so uptight, but germs are a big source of anxiety for me anyway. I count myself lucky I've been able to distance like I have, but I do try to rein myself in enough to do necessary things like this.

#cope

• Like 7

Hmm. I am generally not a big fan of muh scary pumpkins, but that I rather like.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

You know, I have never once had Taco Bell in my life. It honestly just looks like a recipe for digestive issues.

The only thing I ever get from taco bell is their shredded chicken burritos. No beans, just chicken, flavored rice, cheese and avocado ranch sauce. I'll be very sad if/when they get discontinued.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

I wish it didn't make me so uptight, but germs are a big source of anxiety for me anyway. I count myself lucky I've been able to distance like I have, but I do try to rein myself in enough to do necessary things like this.

#cope

I hear that in a big way. The first few months were absolute misery for me; I felt I had to shower after I came home from anywhere (the small handful of times I left the house), and I legitimately panicked if MrBoot didn't wash his hands the second he walked in the door. 

I've mostly managed to beat down the majority of the more extreme reactions, and have settled a new no-man's land boundary between my "being like a normal person" and "unable to function because stupid germs are freaking everywhere and I can't turn my brain off." Current concessions include washing my hands even more often, touching personal belongings as little as possible when out in public, keeping a bottle of sanitizer handy in the car, and keeping my cell phone in a sandwich baggie while at work/running errands (so I don't have to sanitize it every time I come home. It works surprisingly well; the only thing I can't easily do with it like that is call people lol).

Anyways, probably more than anyone really wanted to know, but it helps to talk about it. 

Um, have a cute picture of a bird:

b7ca0cd63aa055ae7c3aa9ad65dec82f.jpg

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 16

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

That sounds like a neat option... 

I've a feeling the flu shot might be something work makes mandatory this year.  We shall see. Odds are I'll be getting one though, since I strongly suspect that some places won't let us in without such... 

• Like 8

Megan is very, very fond of monster vs. monster battles with this campaign - in this case frost giants vs. Thursir - and the frost giant was defending a human town.

A huge frost giant, that was calling the winter winds with his voice. (I think Megan stole the words from Skyrim. ::P: )

I think she based him on the WizKids mini.

The town and the frost giant were losing when we entered the area - we managed to break them when we killed the thursir chieftain - who, like the frost giant, was far larger than normal for his race.

But I am damned certain that they will be back - the thursir are on the march.

The Auld Grump

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Planned on spending the day cleaning and reorganizing the kitchen. Was getting ready to do so then took my pills then they came right back up less than a minute later. So I've done nothing so far today except play Animal Crossing. 

I have to take 6 different meds at the one time if I feel a migraine coming on. There are combi pills, but they don't work as well for some reason :wacko: Sometimes my body goes " nope, not today" as well.

The most memorable occasion of this idiotic body response actually happened in hospital. I was being my friends "chemo buddy", which means I was running her back and forth to the hospital, making sure she had everything she needed whilst she was there, staying home with her until her hubby got back from work etc etc. The hospital actually had an AMAZING canteen with fresh, cooked to order food and it had a separate area for staff and visitors to eat their meals. 

I'd been feeling the edge of the migraine, so I decided to take my tablets before I started eating. That went fine, then all of a sudden they started coming back up. There was no way I was gonna boak* up all these tablets in a flipping canteen of all places, so I clamped my mouth shut. Apparently I looked to be in some distress, because that was the point when I looked to the side and saw that there was veritable army of medical professionals charging towards me. I was hauled from my seat as multiple burly men tried to help. I'm pretty sure someone was trying to give me the Heimlich manoeuvre, and I was desperately trying to motion that I was fine, just dealing with a mouthful of second hand tablets. Apparently gasping out "can't swallow" makes some people think that you've gone in to anaphylaxis ::(: 

Eventually, I managed to convince them that I was alright, just a bit spewey**, but an older doctor stayed at my table to make sure my second attempt of tablets stayed down. He was very interested in the fact that I was helping my friend so much. Turns out he was one of the most senior doctors at the hospital and from that point the staff at the canteen automatically gave me the 70% staff discount. 

Moral of the story, if you're gonna boak make sure to do it near physicians :lol:

* there's your Scottish word of the day ::P: 

**there's your second Scottish word of the day :ph34r:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, haldir said:

Better stock up on some happy slime. :poke:

GB2 was a fun movie, not as good as the first one but still a good movie. Toaster in that is probably a good reason for no wifi connectivity in certain appliances!!

Tomorrow morning marks my 3rd week gaming at my house in the garage. Going well, just wish we could get at least 2 more players. Supposedly, 1 players is trying to get someone to come but they end up being busy each time. I'm also trying to get a former player at the store but he's a teenager & well, teenager things. Hoping he can make it sometime, he was a fun person/player to be around. I enjoy DMing at the FLGS, but it's kinda nice being in my own place for D&D. (at least the wifi is allot more reliable. :lol:)

I totally didn't do any mini prep/gathering for tomorrow so minis will probably be my dry erase tokens I got off a KS. I did pick up those jackalwere, I might try finding some werewolves but overall I was pretty meh about finding things this week. I really need to re-organize my minis. They are so out of wack right now. Thou, even being a tier 1 adventure, there are some big groups of minis, more critters then I have of minis for somethings.

I decided to put some vacation time, so about this time next week, I'll be starting it! It's my "before the holidays really hit" time away.

Yeah, definitely not as good as the first, but still fun. And I really don't get why so many appliances are connected to the internet. There's no reason for it 99% of the time.

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Take your time and be safe, hopefully at least one of them will still be operating so you can visit one safely. Brooklyn... so do you know Grimaldi's Pizzeria? I haven't been to that place in 20 years, back when I was still in high school.

I have been, and it was good! Before the pandemic, we were slowly making our way across NYC, trying to hit all the best pizza places.

10 hours ago, Wyvernfire said:

With a lenticular effect so either the eyes follow you or it switches between Vigo and the group painting from the end?

I was going with the basic version (kinda small size, framed), but that sounds even better!

COFFEE!!

• Like 10