Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

And I really don't get why so many appliances are connected to the internet. There's no reason for it 99% of the time.

Skynet.

(I totally agree, BTW.)

• Like 12

8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I hear that in a big way. The first few months were absolute misery for me; I felt I had to shower after I came home from anywhere (the small handful of times I left the house), and I legitimately panicked if MrBoot didn't wash his hands the second he walked in the door. 

This is still my modus operandi, mainly because I live with my parents who are in their 70s. And if my dad gets it, everyone will get it, because he has a chronic cough (due to a slight reflex deficiency in that flap that covers your airway when you swallow, so he gets saliva down the wrong tube), and just can't grasp how bacteria/virus/germs spread. I stay at least six feet away from them regardless.

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

There was no way I was gonna boak* up all these tablets in a flipping canteen of all places, so I clamped my mouth shut. Apparently I looked to be in some distress, because that was the point when I looked to the side and saw that there was veritable army of medical professionals charging towards me.

Personal goal is to use that word today.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The Obligatory Breakfast Post

MUFFIN!*
142497B4-31A5-4541-9593-F655C0CCCEF7.thumb.jpeg.176c5f1e593dd036ae75281b2bd35968.jpeg
...and eggs, ...and a spot of Milk. 
*Hope you were not expecting a word beginning with “CO...”

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

It's... snowing outside.

A'igth! Time to put the winter tires on. I have a window of nice weather in the next two days so I can do it myself (they're already mounted on their own rims).

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Marvin said:

I wish it didn't make me so uptight, but germs are a big source of anxiety for me anyway.

I have a usual winter germ protocol with gloves, mask, and everything I buy I wash when I bring it home.  Used to be people laughed at me for washing my bags of chips, but turns out I was just ahead of the trend.  

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I’m so excited! It’s pumpkin patch day!!!

Are you going to find one big enough to put Sephie in?

30 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I have a usual winter germ protocol with gloves, mask, and everything I buy I wash when I bring it home.  Used to be people laughed at me for washing my bags of chips, but turns out I was just ahead of the trend.  

Do you wash the bag itself, or each chip individually?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Well, my dad is at my crafting/gaming table (full disclosure:  their dining room table they let me take over) ooing and aahing over the rope bridge I made out of Bones Black rafts, so that's good.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

I am present.

It was suddenly sprung on me that I need to craft midterm evals on all my students. Gonna take the opportunity to see if I can drop a few people from my class, they haven't done anything or turned anything in or shown up to class...

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I am present.

It was suddenly sprung on me that I need to craft midterm evals on all my students. Gonna take the opportunity to see if I can drop a few people from my class, they haven't done anything or turned anything in or shown up to class...

I feel like I missed you changing jobs.  Sounds like you have it all under control, though...

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I feel like I missed you changing jobs.  Sounds like you have it all under control, though...

I furloughed myself from the IRS for the Fall in August because an opportunity to teach at the Local Overpriced University came up. I literally had one week to hear about it, prepare a CV, interview, get hired, prepare for class, fill out all the furlough paperwork, get permission from the government, get set up...

I go back to the IRS mid December. The university may want to keep me, but they do pay me about a third of what I make at my real job so...

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I am present.

Have you been using d100s to grade reports?

• Haha 17

Had to go get Mrs. Hamster some maternity pants as things are getting chilly. Target was an unpleasant experience. Too many people, not all following pandemic protocols, and the little stickers on the floor for the snake line check out that are spaced 6' apart? Were only 3' apart when measuring sideways in the zigzag line....

Broccoli-heads all around.

COFFEE

• Sad 12