Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

52 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Does Constantine count?

How about the series Lucifer?

Constantine might count - I have never seen it.

Already fans of Lucifer, looking more for movies. ::):

The Auld Grump - need to move a sprawled cat to go to bed.... How can cats sleep in such ridiculous positions?

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I hate to disappoint you all, but it a small vase, not a coffee mug.

Of course nobody on this forum would object against drinking coffee from a vase. ::P:

I was mainly being silly. ^_^

6 hours ago, haldir said:

I can thank a HS friend originally from San Diego for "dude". Also for "soda" vs "pop" (I can't stand that word....) 

Care for the Canadian attempt at our own wording? 

.... Soft drink. 

Everyone calls it either pop, soda, soda pop, or by its blooming name!   Coca-Cola is, well, Coke, or "red can of delicious sugary bubbles", no name is "dude, c'mon, don't be cheap", etc... 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Constantine might count - I have never seen it.

Already fans of Lucifer, looking more for movies. ::):

The Auld Grump - need to move a sprawled cat to go to bed.... How can cats sleep in such ridiculous positions?

Constantine definitely involves fallen angels!

As for cats... the moment they go unconscious there bones turn to rubber.  This may happen when they are still standing allowing them to collapse in the weirdest positions!

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Today is Botox day. Botox day always equal migraines ironically enough.

I have a raging pain, probably about an 8 on the past n scale,  going from the bottom of my skull going up and over into my left eye.

I managed to get some embroidery done though so that's a win.

Hopefully, the rest of the week will be much better. 

I've decided the rest of 2020 is going to consist of finishing projects. This embroidery one being the first. Maybe.

I have many already started projects that are so close to being done. Going to talk with my therapist about all of this project piling I do to myself.

And, lastly, I'm coming to terms, painfully, that until husband gets his school stuff in order there's no way I'd be able to go back. I had started doing online math courses and if you know me you know my strong dislike of it. It's very recently on a couple occasions that I may have dyscalculia(sp?). So that could be part of the problem.

I'm thinking about starting another blog about food history and stuff to ease this pain. I thought about YouTube but I have many problems with it. My current problem is whet kind of camera so I use to film? Where can I find a decently priced editing software? And things like that. If I don't have money for school I probably won't have the money for that stuff. 

Several YouTube channels started out using their cell phone camera as their only source of video.  DaVinci Resolve is a free video editing suite that is very close to Adobe's offering in work flow.

• Like 9

Started a new job yesterday (same place, same group, under a different manager) and found out I'm also filling in for what would be my manager and still somehow managed to spend most of yesterday on high priority stuff from my old job...  Doing 3 jobs at once is going to get old really quickly...  Going to be a lot of coffee and cursing going on this week I think until I'm able to fully extricate myself from my old duties at which point I'll only have 2 jobs to worry about.  :blink:

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

I am a self professed introvert. This is the third week I've been back in the office training the newbie, and it's really telling how much people drain me. Constant interaction...ugh. The good news is I'm almost ready to just let him fly free little bird, and ask me questions about the things that cause him confusion. Last week I started working half days from home, and I'll be honest, if I can swing it even after Covid season I will try my hardest to work from home full time. I'm so much more productive, even if I do tend to work longer hours because it's easier to keep working sometimes than shut down a project when I'm already right where I'll be for the rest of the evening.

October means Christmas for me, but not in a bad way. I start all my Christmas projects like the painting of the cards, and picking out the few gifts that I buy. 

• Like 18

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oldest Vixen loves stippling, a technique where you paint symbols on ceramics and then bake it in the oven to make it permanent.

I have shown some of her early stuff a while ago.

Here are her latest efforts.

She can really lose herself in it.

I'm pretty proud of her creativity.

20201005_154551.jpg

20201005_154600.jpg

20201005_154556.jpg

20201005_154606.jpg

20201005_154610.jpg

20201005_154613.jpg

20201005_154616.jpg

20201005_154621.jpg

Excellent stuff! :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I actually understood what you meant without having to read the translation. I am surprisingly good at understanding English regardless of accent or speech pattern. I once was the only person out of four who knew what a graduate TA was asking for when he said "ee-ow-deen" (he wanted iodine).

I find it interesting myself how I'm pretty good at parsing accents and dialects if I can see your face.  facemasks are actually driving me insane, I'm finding that a lot of people sound like the peanuts teacher when talking to me through a mask and I'm not sure if it's actually the mask or just my brain relying too much on being able to see the person's face I'm talking to....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'm thinking about starting another blog about food history and stuff to ease this pain. I thought about YouTube but I have many problems with it. My current problem is whet kind of camera so I use to film? Where can I find a decently priced editing software? And things like that. If I don't have money for school I probably won't have the money for that stuff. 

Not video editing itself, but some other factors to consider: https://youtu.be/tEC8q9i2fOw

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

"Where's your car, dude?"

Or was it two friends from San Dimas? Possibly the two I learned it from, my friends Bill and Ted?

Ted is a real life time traveller, didn't you know? 

keanu-reeves-time-traveler.thumb.jpg.dc6d9dfc3d2fe7a8b6253e97f890ffe0.jpg

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

New Scottish slang added to repertoire... but I'm obligated to ask: what then do you call the liquid obtained from squeezed fruit?

Vocab in action: "Run round to the Chippy and get the fish and chips. And don't forget my liter of juice."

Not tomorrow but Wednesday I've got to take Molly down to the animal hospital to have the lump removed from her neck/throat area. I'm going to wait in the car until they call to tell me she's out of surgery, but they're going to keep her overnight. She's my baby girl! I'm trying not to worry, but I'm getting really nervous. So I need to share a puppy pic from 2018 in an attempt to ease the anxiety.

Molly not quite two weeks after she came to live with us. It was Valentine's Day, so a box of chocolate was appropriate.

box_of_chocolate_small.jpg.b57f1a3593fda7180f4e73afdc9f477d.jpg

You're almost there, but juice comes in two sizes- can and bottle. What size of bottle? It's a mystery, but it'll certainly be somewhere between 500ml and 2litres. You need juice after a Chippy because you need something fizzy to shift all that grease stuck in your throat!

Molly is adorable, give her a hug from us. Here's hoping that the lump is something benign and that she is returned to you safe and sound.

8 hours ago, TGP said:

OK, I'll bite. What is the liquid that can be squeezed out of an Orange or a Lemon (or an Apple) called?  If you ask for juice in the states you'll get a liquid that came from a "froot" (sorry @buglips*the*goblin; I keep mentioning your 2nd or 3rd least favorite substance).

It's still called "juice", but we'll usually prefix it with the name of whatever froot that it originates from. This was an actual conversation we had in the house last night

**shouted from kitchen** "Ah'm gettin juice, ye want some?"

" Ok"

"What kind?"

Fizzy, please"

"Which one?"

"Fizzy black"

"Skinny or fat?"

"Full fat, please" 

***massive crashing noise***

"Loki, No!"

In a normal, same country someone would just ask for cola, but where's the fun in that? ::P: They probably wouldn't have a cat that likes to steal wooden spoons either :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Care for the Canadian attempt at our own wording? 

.... Soft drink. 

Everyone calls it either pop, soda, soda pop, or by its blooming name!   Coca-Cola is, well, Coke, or "red can of delicious sugary bubbles", no name is "dude, c'mon, don't be cheap", etc... 

And then you have the French-Canadian way.

Translated, you have either the formal gaseous beverage (boisson gazeuse) or informal liquor (liqueur). For some reason, we almost never associate the word liquor with alcohol, which was quite confusing for my young bilingual self.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Leaned on my shoulder wrong and there's a little pain now. Hoping that goes away tomorrow.

Hope it will be better soon.

@ManvsMini I'll be thinking of you and Molly!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2