Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

17 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

A peanut butter cracker after icing her incision went a long way towards easing some of those hurt feelings. Not fully back to where we were, but her tail wagged at the tip. She'll get there. Walking her for potty time may be an issue because she's pulling and wants to run, so it's going to be a long two weeks. We let Dixie come in to see her, prove that she came home (I'm told she spent most of yesterday while I was gone looking out the window for Molly), but Molly must have smelled something from the vet on Dixie; she growled when she came close, and started to lunge at her. I may have to keep them separate.

I want to do the responsible thing at home and wear a mask (apparently there was a lapse of good judgement yesterday while I was away involving lack of masks and extended visitors in an enclosed space, plus the fact that I am out so often) but Molly associates the mask with Bad Things Happening to her. Cabin fever from the pandemic is hitting family members (thus leading to poor choices); trying to contain the chaos is a battle I've been fighting for months, but now emotions are running hot, heads aren't thinking with logic, and none of that bodes well.

Sad for last paragraph, otherwise a smiley face.

For all of our forumites going through a hard patch with furbabies, you have my empathy and understanding as well as extra prayers.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

I just managed to pose thirteen of this guy...

image.png.087486550904fe981d80e4c3f0277fa5.png

...in all different poses.

Pics or it didn't happen!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Wow... :wacko:

Jack got a call from his boss about an hour ago...

Jack has been informed that Jack is using a vacation day to take tomorrow off.

Normally Jack would have many objections to this on principle, but apparently the company has found out that there are now TWO cases of COVID at the company, both in the Filling dept., so tomorrow they're closing it down to clean it. :wacko:

Jack will hopefully be back to work again on Monday, but if not, Jack currently has around 105 hours of vacation time stored up - and Jack can only carry over 40 hours into next year, so they've been encouraging me to burn some of it.

19 hours ago, Marvin said:

Y'all ever get a few beers in and decide to hit the whiskey and next thing you know you're sexting and sending Limp Bizkit videos to people?

Hopefully not to the same people, if you're hoping to continue the former, lol...

7 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I'm just going to die from an overdose of minis, I swear. :lol:

Not possible. Trust us, we have extensive empirical evidence.

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yeah.

I discovered this when we had the 60 mph tropical storm blow through Philly this year. It was... exactly the same as a normal everyday Philly storm. We even got the eye and it was just [meh]

Yeah, the winds last night blew open the French doors in my rec room. I thought to myself that it was nice that we got a stiff breeze through here to air it out. I considered opening the garage door to let the wind blow all the way through the house. As a life-long New Englander, any wind that doesn't bring down an entire tree (not just a big branch or two) just isn't that big a deal - it's simply a fact of life that once or twice a year you're going to be fishing your outdoor furniture out of your pool.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Grump is doing his Tim Curry impersonation.

Sounds like somebody that is AMUSED that the PCs don't believe him.

"Would you care for a puff? I won't tell if you won't."

This guy sounds venomous, in a way I can't describe. Amused, lethal, and Tim Curry. :huh: Not bothering to threaten the PCs because they are not a threat to him.

I'm thinking DRAGON.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good that she's back!

She will forgive you, dogs always do.

Give her some treats she's fond of, good luck with keeping her calm!

Cats on the other hand will hold a grudge FOREVER!

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

13 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Sounds like somebody that is AMUSED that the PCs don't believe him.

"Would you care for a puff? I won't tell if you won't."

This guy sounds venomous, in a way I can't describe. Amused, lethal, and Tim Curry. :huh: Not bothering to threaten the PCs because they are not a threat to him.

I'm thinking DRAGON.

Cats on the other hand will hold a grudge FOREVER!

Rakshasa, not dragon.

I have a feeling that he will show up again as a BAD GUY.

You don't put that kind of effort into a one scene NPC.

He was offering the PCs drugs. :unsure:

Can an Outsider be an addict?

• Like 10

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Serious question: for those of you with spouses/kids that don't share your hobby interests, how do you manage to hobby without anyone feeling ignored (or the chores left undone)? 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Well, honestly, in my house the simplest way is to exploit the natural body clock differences.  On weekends, it’s not unusual for me to be up at 0500, while she sleeps in until 1000.  So I could have 5 hours of uninterrupted “me” time, enough to do a grocery store run or mop the floors and still get in as much painting as my back will stand.  Since the lockdown she hasn’t needed to take a business trip, but I used to get some time then — I could, for example, take short cuts on meals that I wouldn’t do if she were around (peanut butter toast for dinner? ... sure...).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Probably two seater. No real preference for which variant other than one that Canada would have had at some point. 

You'll need a B or D model then for the two seater, doing more digging it looks like the Kinetic kit is probably the best option for you - particularly if you can acquire this one - https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kinetic-k48030-f-a-18a-b-cf-188--182831

Pricy though

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

You'll need a B or D model then for the two seater, doing more digging it looks like the Kinetic kit is probably the best option for you - particularly if you can acquire this one -
Pricy though

Yup, they're closer to $100 CAD, but a quick read has said they're worth it.  Still pricy. 

Odd that scalemates says Canada only has them from 2011 onwards though. We've had F-18's for a looooong time. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yup, they're closer to $100 CAD, but a quick read has said they're worth it.  Still pricy. 

Odd that scalemates says Canada only has them from 2011 onwards though. We've had F-18's for a looooong time. 

That's to do with the name of the service, the RCAF spent most of the 90s known as Air Command and only changed their name back to RCAF in 2011...

I only know this because it confused me as well (I did know that those dates were to do with the name of the service rather than service dates though)

From what I've seen with model kits recently if you want something decent you pay for it, and I haven't seen many 1/48 scale jmodern ets for less than $70AUD either - except for those kits where te reviews basically say to avoid completely.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Does he see them shiver with antici... pation?

(Rocky Horror for anyone who doesn't get it.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

I have no idea what you're talking about...

Spoiler

rockytat1.jpg.f7358d98dc18563aa6813250e306c120.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Does he see them shiver with antici... pation?

When I was at a Rocky Horror event, I wasn't Frank N. Furter, I was everybody's favorite - Riff Raff.

It's astounding....

For this, I was channeling Curry's Long John Silver.

I think this group of kids was more frightened of the Rakshasa rajah than the first group.

And they really don't believe him, which is strange, since he is telling the absolute truth.

The Auld Grump

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I have no idea what you're talking about...

Reveal hidden contents

rockytat1.jpg.f7358d98dc18563aa6813250e306c120.jpg

Madness takes its toll...

2 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

When I was at a Rocky Horror event, I wasn't Frank N. Furter, I was everybody's favorite - Riff Raff.

It's astounding....

If you can get your leg up to kick as high as he does I'll be doubly impressed.

• Like 8