Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

22 hours ago, redambrosia said:

You really should move to the Pacific Northwest. Sure, generally the summers are sunny, but the winter, fall, and spring are generally very overcast. 

There’s some pretty good lore, most of it tribal, to delve into also.

Perhaps an extended visit, should the world ever calm down again, but I am tied to this place in ways both sane and otherwise.

• Like 9

Well, I had a semi productive night. I just finished gluing down and cutting out the tokens for Perilous Tales while listening to Night Club (all of their music is free on YouTube, still going to end up buying digital copies of all of it). In a little bit, I'm going to fold laundry and watch Creature From The Black Lagoon. I also started a new story idea with a band inspired by the Universal Monster Classics in a cyberpunk setting (don't ask, it's getting complicated) and dabbled with some blog articles. Oh, and I got my shopping for the week done.

But why does it feel like I didn't do enough? :blink:

Just now, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Perhaps an extended visit, should the world ever calm down again, but I am tied to this place in ways both sane and otherwise.

To quote a former Oregon governor: Enjoy your visit. :devil:

Edited by CaptainPete
  • Like 8

It’s day 2 of my stay-cation, and I’m trying to impose some order on my heaps of vintage figures.  Where is Marie Kondo when you need her? :poke:  Once identified and bagged, these have been going in card sorting boxes, so that someday (TM) I can reach for the appropriately labeled box and immediately find the Garrison SS9 Northmen with axes which I’m ready to paint...

38C4D604-C93C-4670-879B-F1906F745466.thumb.jpeg.e0ac69187ce8e8d38064b7955c6ae1f2.jpeg

• Like 14

20 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Want to swap? I'm getting tired of all these clouds - can't look at the stars! 

Sure, although I'm looking for daytime storms and such rather than nocturnal....but I'll take what I can get.

I've begun researching into the possibility that the problem is related to a Zduhac or Zmajevit operating somewhere in town. Probably moved in sometime during the last winter. These are folks who tend to fall into a trance/sleep during storms, leave their bodies and fight the storm clouds/spirits off so that they hit neighboring towns instead. 

Which would explain why the surrounding area gets them and Yorkville is always just out of the path of any storms, rain, or even nice overcast days at this point. Our Zduhac/Zmajevit seems to be an overachiver. Since they are usually seen as protector figures, I haven't found anything yet on how to drive then out, other than a possible alliance with Ala storm demons. As to determining just who in the area is doing this, I suspect it may be one of the newer neighbors. (one of the kids across the street who tend to be loud on the weekends, and playing drinking games with starbucks) However I have no proof as of yet.

Should I find such proof, the possibility exists of somehow shipping them to Canada so WhiteWulf can continue watching the heavens and warn us if the stars are right for the return of the Old Ones. (getting them past customs may be tricky, and if possible I'll throw in some Dullcote...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Ended up having a very soggy day yesterday. Nice to have a day like that. Thumper got wet (oddly she likes the rain + she kinda needed it. Her fur was/is getting a bit rough in places, about the only soft spots on her are belly, neck & butt!! :lol: Oddly, when she came to the door this morning for breakfast she was completely dry.

Well it appears, no DCC day at the FLGS for me today as I totally spaced off the sign up slots for the event. There are slots open at 4 today, but I don't feel like playing at 4, as I was set to play at 10 am. My 3 day rpg event has now dwindled down to just 1. Oh well, live & learn about signing up.

I need to clean up the hobby room anyways. It REALLY NEEDS IT!!

• Like 8

Thought of another possibility. Last Spring there was a microburst or some kinda sudden fierce storm on the North side of town that blew part of the Menards roof off...perhaps the Zduhac/Zmajevit was an employee there, maybe called in by the management as an outside consultant to prevent such from happening again. Maybe the management figured that by keeping storm damage to the surrounding towns, they could count on having increased business from contractors repairing the damage, while minimizing their own risks...plus maybe increasing sales in their outdoor section as folks keep having to replace plants killed by lack of rain....

Now maybe last year's storm was natural, maybe Home Despot a few towns over sent it to remove competition, perhaps there's some kinda war between weather wizards who've figured out a way to get themselves corporate funding in the process, maybe Menards is fighting against Mothman and this is just some of the fallout from that....I'll keep digging.

Spoiler

No, I'm not being serious, just throwing out some Sunday morning paranoia for the general amusement of the forum. Also, hopefully those of you playing Call of Culthuhu or simliar can maybe find some inspiration outta this. 

• Haha 8

Sweet!! Tomb Guardians Kickstarter Christmas one is on it's way!! Since the email was 2 days ago, maybe tomorrow or early this week.

• Like 6

On 10/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, Marvin said:

As a consolation I did talk myself into buying a half dozen shirts on sale at JCPenney though, so at least I will be well-dressed while I'm not enjoying a shiny new pistol.

Eh, much easier to dispose of bloodstained shirts than a gun when hiding the evidence - knives and garrotes may lack range, but they leave less of a trail...

• Like 7

Molly has been keeping me busy since yesterday morning. She clearly isn't feeling much pain and she's becoming ornery because she can't do her regular routine. It's only day 4 out of 14, and I'm already exhausted from trying to keep her still and getting up in the middle of the night to give her a pain pill. And an elfhole neighbor decided to launch fireworks just short of midnight, which startled her and sent her running (which she can't do because of stitches, luckily she didn't bleed, so I don't think anything ripped). Again, elfhole neighbor.

• Sad 15

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Interesting idea, but no. Especially not after posting about it on a public forum.::P:

No, I have finally perfected my ability to cast the Ice Knife spell!

Based on the pictures, looks like one of the material components is a sink? Hope your strength score can accommodate that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I /finally/ came up with a food blog name that I think I like. "Worth Your Weight in Salt: a food history blog." Salt history has always been fascinating to me I could write quite a bit about just salt but I do plan on writing about other things. I just now need to do the whole layout, photos, and an intro/ about me...

• Like 17

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Based on the pictures, looks like one of the material components is a sink? Hope your strength score can accommodate that.

The sink might be a substitute for a cauldron.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Well Lady C had a garage sale this weekend to clear out more extra stuff we have accumulated over the last 20 years here. She accomplished quite a bit and the rest of the stuff goes to the Salvation Army next week so then I can start packing my gear in the garage. only 78 days left in this messed up state and then move by family. Planning a raid on Hobby Lobby tomorrow to stock up on Testor's Model Master metallics.

• Like 16

Just read this one but congrats to the Portland Thorns FC for winning the NWSL Fall Series with the most points accumulated this year!!

portland-thorns-fc.png

While I don't watch allot of women's soccer, I do try to watch the Thorns games when they are broadcast here on tv.

• Like 10

A lot of the top NWSL players are currently playing in England because, with the schedule changes the NWSL made due to covid, the players couldn't get enough games to stay sharp for enough to compete for spots on the national team.

• Like 9