Jump to content

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Wasn't it Friday afternoon like 5 minutes ago?


Nah. More like 2-3 minutes.

 

Really not looking forward to my company going to a 4/40 work week. Sure I’ll get every Friday off, but a ten hour day every day? I think I will be exhausted! They haven’t announced switching yet, just a survey of employees about it. I’m sure every ski bum said they look forward to it. 
 

I may have written about it here already, but I can’t remember. If so, I wanted to complain about it again.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were planning to get in some hill walking done today since this year has been a bit of a bust for us on the outdoor pursuits front. Loki started sneezing last night and it hadn't stopped this morning so we ended up at the vets. Diagnosis is mild laryngitis and a 'gassy belly'(possibly due to his muffin paper eating escapades a few days ago) and a couple of injections later we're now snuggled on the sofa taking turns to pick seasonally appropriate movies. We're probably going to order delivery food since Loki is understandably being a little bit clingy today and is getting upset if he can't see both of us.

 

Housemates first pick is Dog Soldiers :winkthumbs:, I'm considering the The Descent for my first choice since it has the same director and it's a flipping terrifying movie even before

 

 

 

 the monsters turn up :zombie:

 

 

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was talking with my friend about maybe doing a game of Deadlands via Discord but I concluded that it's way too complex for online play. Having keep track of dice, cards, wounds, and fate chips just wasn't going to work. I talked with him today and he's like "What about Rifts? It sounds interesting."

And here I am, dealing with a system that was a monster born from 2nd edition D&D. I love the setting, but the system... It is a work of madness. I'm going to be busy making characters for the next few days. I think I'm going to need some booze.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
30 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

I was talking with my friend about maybe doing a game of Deadlands via Discord but I concluded that it's way too complex for online play. Having keep track of dice, cards, wounds, and fate chips just wasn't going to work. I talked with him today and he's like "What about Rifts? It sounds interesting."

And here I am, dealing with a system that was a monster born from 2nd edition D&D. I love the setting, but the system... It is a work of madness. I'm going to be busy making characters for the next few days. I think I'm going to need some booze.

 

Savage Worlds Rifts perhaps?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

 

Savage Worlds Rifts perhaps?

I have quite a few of the original books. I actually had dozens, back in high school, in the Dark Days before 3.5 D&D.

So, we're going with the original system as I don't want to invest in the SW version right now. It's been on my list but those books can get expensive.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.78c33022142652b3f95602a21efbf85b.png

If you're Canadian, congrats! Most people do get a second Sunday as today is a statutory holiday! 

 

Could always try telling the boss you're taking the day off for Canadian Thanksgiving? Worth a try, right? 

 

Not sure how Brutus would respond to such a request... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Seer of the Pitt said:

 


Here's a plot hook of a Mesopotamian flavor.  I'll let y'all deduce where it originated.

gilgameshchamber.png

 

Looks like a U.S. State Department Freedom of Information Act(FOIA) request log of some sort...

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:


Nah. More like 2-3 minutes.

 

Really not looking forward to my company going to a 4/40 work week. Sure I’ll get every Friday off, but a ten hour day every day? I think I will be exhausted! They haven’t announced switching yet, just a survey of employees about it. I’m sure every ski bum said they look forward to it. 
 

I may have written about it here already, but I can’t remember. If so, I wanted to complain about it again.

 

A friend of mine did that as a way to avoid the insanity of LA traffic.  I can't imagine choosing to do those sorts of daily hours, although I've known lots of people who got sucked into working 60 hour weeks which is arguably worse.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

 

A friend of mine did that as a way to avoid the insanity of LA traffic.  I can't imagine choosing to do those sorts of daily hours, although I've known lots of people who got sucked into working 60 hour weeks which is arguably worse.


That’s the sad part, too. We are salaried, so no OT. If we work more than 45 hours, we can bank those hours past 45. Current program has a lot of people working extra hours, and this is just going to lead to less bankable time.

 

But, like I said, I work with ski bums, so they’ll enjoy that extra day on the slopes. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dangit, I forgot today is Indigenous Peoples Day, ie a no mail holiday.

 

So I guess waiting for arrivals of packages (if any), will have to wait till tomorrow.

 

On the flipside, no mail to worry about. ^_^

Just now, Glitterwolf said:

Vet called, Brutus is healthy!

It was a growth of connective tissue, nothing dangerous!

No further treatment necessary!

 

Awesome news!!

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...