Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

10 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Savage Worlds Rifts perhaps?

I have quite a few of the original books. I actually had dozens, back in high school, in the Dark Days before 3.5 D&D.

So, we're going with the original system as I don't want to invest in the SW version right now. It's been on my list but those books can get expensive.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.78c33022142652b3f95602a21efbf85b.png

If you're Canadian, congrats! Most people do get a second Sunday as today is a statutory holiday! 

Could always try telling the boss you're taking the day off for Canadian Thanksgiving? Worth a try, right? 

Not sure how Brutus would respond to such a request... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Seer of the Pitt said:

Here's a plot hook of a Mesopotamian flavor.  I'll let y'all deduce where it originated.

gilgameshchamber.png

Looks like a U.S. State Department Freedom of Information Act(FOIA) request log of some sort...

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Nah. More like 2-3 minutes.

Really not looking forward to my company going to a 4/40 work week. Sure I’ll get every Friday off, but a ten hour day every day? I think I will be exhausted! They haven’t announced switching yet, just a survey of employees about it. I’m sure every ski bum said they look forward to it. 

I may have written about it here already, but I can’t remember. If so, I wanted to complain about it again.

A friend of mine did that as a way to avoid the insanity of LA traffic.  I can't imagine choosing to do those sorts of daily hours, although I've known lots of people who got sucked into working 60 hour weeks which is arguably worse.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

A friend of mine did that as a way to avoid the insanity of LA traffic.  I can't imagine choosing to do those sorts of daily hours, although I've known lots of people who got sucked into working 60 hour weeks which is arguably worse.

That’s the sad part, too. We are salaried, so no OT. If we work more than 45 hours, we can bank those hours past 45. Current program has a lot of people working extra hours, and this is just going to lead to less bankable time.

But, like I said, I work with ski bums, so they’ll enjoy that extra day on the slopes. 

• Like 7

Dangit, I forgot today is Indigenous Peoples Day, ie a no mail holiday.

So I guess waiting for arrivals of packages (if any), will have to wait till tomorrow.

On the flipside, no mail to worry about. ^_^

Just now, Glitterwolf said:

Vet called, Brutus is healthy!

It was a growth of connective tissue, nothing dangerous!

No further treatment necessary!

Awesome news!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Dangit, I forgot today is Indigenous Peoples Day, ie a no mail holiday.

I forgot about it too. Also means a bank holiday, which I very much needed to get to today.

Molly is doing well, being ornery yet again. She just wants to run and play, but that's still a no for another nine days. Dixie goes in tomorrow for her evaluation about the tumor on her chest. We're already expecting another large bill, and while the surgeon's skill is worth every penny, the combination of having Molly's surgery and Dixie's so close together is rough. We're just hoping for the best outcome possible for the evaluation (i.e. no spreading or having to wait 3 weeks for a surgical slot).

• Like 11

1 minute ago, ManvsMini said:

I forgot about it too. Also means a bank holiday, which I very much needed to get to today.

Molly is doing well, being ornery yet again. She just wants to run and play, but that's still a no for another nine days. Dixie goes in tomorrow for her evaluation about the tumor on her chest. We're already expecting another large bill, and while the surgeon's skill is worth every penny, the combination of having Molly's surgery and Dixie's so close together is rough. We're just hoping for the best outcome possible for the evaluation (i.e. no spreading or having to wait 3 weeks for a surgical slot).

This might sound daft, but have you considered a puppy crate for Molly? I know someone that had to keep their Rottweiler crater for a couple of weeks due to being attacked by another dog. You might even be able to hire one from a nearby kennel or rescue centre.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

This might sound daft, but have you considered a puppy crate for Molly? I know someone that had to keep their Rottweiler crater for a couple of weeks due to being attacked by another dog. You might even be able to hire one from a nearby kennel or rescue centre.

No, not daft. If I thought she'd fit in one, I would lol. She won't fit in any of the ones we own, and on the slim chance she would fit, she might scrape her incision on it. Most of the pics I posted lately were of her as a puppy, but she's coming close to three years old (I just haven't gotten a recent pic of her on my laptop), weighs 98 lbs, and is pretty tall and long. They closed our local rescue shelter down about two years ago (budget cuts), and I assume if our vet would rent an appropriately sized one out that it wouldn't be cheap for two weeks.

Most dog books seem to say that dogs are fully grown and adult around two years; labradors are interesting in that, while they are mostly grown, they still have puppish tendencies into their third year. While she has matured greatly in the past six months, she's still got some puppy mentality to her. Plus, she wants to be around us, and is tired of staying with me so she follows any one else she can. Her mentality is that Dad is the Fun One (which is bad in her current condition), Mom is the Food Source, and I am The Betrayer and/or Killjoy.

• Like 10

@Glitterwolf
fantastic!!!

Today has been a great example of hurry up and wait...

Wonder when I'll next be able to paint or game. :unsure:  Gonna be plenty busy for a while. And gotta get back to studying...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1