Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

@Glitterwolf
fantastic!!!

Today has been a great example of hurry up and wait...

Wonder when I'll next be able to paint or game. :unsure:  Gonna be plenty busy for a while. And gotta get back to studying...

welcome to CHANGES (dum, dum - DUM!)  ::P:

@Glitterwolf -- That is terrific news!  Glad to hear Brutus is a healthy doggie!  make sure you give him a treat from us!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crowley said:

@Glitterwolf
fantastic!!!

Today has been a great example of hurry up and wait...

Wonder when I'll next be able to paint or game. :unsure:  Gonna be plenty busy for a while. And gotta get back to studying...

Um... you are having a baby soon. My limited knowledge and understanding of that whole process is that your theme song, if it isn't already, should be R.E.M. "It's the End of the World As We Know It."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Y'know, I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite...

Coming home from work, traffic on a busy city street was held up for nearly three minutes by two dozen geese crossing the street - against the light...  Hell, they weren't even in the crosswalk.... :rolleyes:

Damn tourists.

(Must be French Canadian geese...)

• Haha 15

Watching the Vex video on the Reaper site. I know kinda want a Vex again....

First, thou I want a Elegoo resin printer!!! Thou, right now, I just need to go find some miniatures for the game tonight. Damn my organizational skills.....

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Sure I’ll get every Friday off, but a ten hour day every day? I think I will be exhausted!

Four ten-hour days isn't too terrible as long as you're not doing something where you're constantly running your elf off the whole time doing physical work*. The key is actually to lay off things like coffee and energy drinks after the first half of the day and switch to something like fruit juice, and remember to bring healthy snacks and space them out during the day. Munching on something every couple hours and staying properly hydrated will keep you going, and you won't be all wired up when you get home.

*( On the other hand, I worked four tens when I was at a boating supply warehouse, as a small item picker. That was sort of rough for the first couple weeks. I was literally power-walking about fifteen miles a day carrying up to fifteen or twenty pounds of stuff, running back and forth picking orders and boxing them up to ship. And we worked until the day's orders were shipped, so sometimes those tens turned into twelves or fourteens, at least at the beginning of the boating season. On the up side, I lost about twelve pounds the summer I worked there.)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 12

Really not looking forward to my company going to a 4/40 work week. Sure I’ll get every Friday off, but a ten hour day every day? I think I will be exhausted! They haven’t announced switching yet, just a survey of employees about it. I’m sure every ski bum said they look forward to it. 

Mad Jack offers good advice. I have done 4 10s and I quite liked it.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Vet called, Brutus is healthy!

It was a growth of connective tissue, nothing dangerous!

No further treatment necessary!

Great news!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Really not looking forward to my company going to a 4/40 work week. Sure I’ll get every Friday off, but a ten hour day every day? I think I will be exhausted! They haven’t announced switching yet, just a survey of employees about it. I’m sure every ski bum said they look forward to it.

28 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Four ten-hour days isn't too terrible as long as you're not doing something where you're constantly running your elf off the whole time doing physical work*. The key is actually to lay off things like coffee and energy drinks after the first half of the day and switch to something like fruit juice, and remember to bring healthy snacks and space them out during the day. Munching on something every couple hours and staying properly hydrated will keep you going, and you won't be all wired up when you get home.

I've also worked a 4/40 schedule for years. Heck, I've had 7/12 hour day schedules.

It's not that bad. The body adapts. Depending on the commute time, the days don't even feel that much longer, but the evenings do feel a lot shorter.

What I did like about it is that it made appointments far easier to schedule.

Managing your caffeine intake is a good idea (i.e. knowing when you need the caffeine kick or not). Since I drink both coffee and tea, I realized that if I drank strong tea in the morning (less kick, but longer lasting), then strong coffee in the afternoon (just enough kick for the post-lunch afternoon energy crash), I could last all day.

• Like 9

Okay, this is quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen in several months... I just saw it over on ENWorld and had to share it...

(and she's damn cute, too, lol.)

mandalorian-snow-white-jpg.127350

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Had a nice cloudy/rainy morning today, finally. So I decided to experiment, see if perhaps I could beat the Zduhac/Zmajeuit at it's own game and took a nap...

No sign of the foul thing in dreams, and when I woke up it's now sunny again...grr. However, since my dream involved an earthquake I decided to look up fault lines in Illinois....and discovered the Sandwich Fault Zone which runs across the entire county and a fair ways to the Northwest. Other than a few rumbles in 2002 and 2010, it seems dormant. Might have to start sacrificing some fried chicken to it, make sure it stays that way....

• Like 6

Right...

i am not about to let a turkey-and-swiss sandwich after work count as "dinner"... I am getting off the damn internet now and going to make real food, well okay, some vague approximation thereof involving hot dogs and french fries. But it will involve actual cooking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Right...

i am not about to let a turkey-and-swiss sandwich after work count as "dinner"... I am getting off the damn internet now and going to make real food, well okay, some vague approximation thereof involving hot dogs and french fries. But it will involve actual cooking.

Personally, I like hot dogs just about any way they can be prepared.  And french fries are just so packed with potato goodness and energy.

GEM

Addendum: Watching Night of The Lepus on TCM.  Giant Killer Bunnies!

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Nah. More like 2-3 minutes.

I may have written about it here already, but I can’t remember. If so, I wanted to complain about it again.

I work three 12's each weekend right now.  Will be going to five 8's sometime relatively SOONtm as I am being given the job of being the only person cutting filters for our commercial customers.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Okay, this is quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen in several months... I just saw it over on ENWorld and had to share it...

(and she's damn cute, too, lol.)

mandalorian-snow-white-jpg.127350

I haven't watched the Mandalorian yet so didn't know Snow White was in it. Disney asserting it's control over Star Wars I guess. :poke:

Officially feels like October now. Cool and drizzly. First rain we've had in about 3 months and it's barely enough to wet the ground. Just gave me more incentive to stay home. Did some things with the kids but mostly we're in seperate parts of the house each doing our own stuff. Even managed to paint for a bit! Got about an hour before I need to start working on Thanksgiving supper. Wife wanted a Ninja Foodi for her birthday this spring so we're cooking a chicken in it. Should turn out because I've done the recipe before and mostly know how to use it by now. Biggest difference is I think I'll do the stuffing by itself in the oven.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3