Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

8 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

You know, this plague is really hitting those of us with a functional photic sneeze reflex hard.

If I go outside in sunlight I'll sneeze. If I sneeze people think I have the plague.

I have been aware of mine since I was a kid, you know that feeling when you need to sneeze but can't? I learned pretty quick that all I had to do was look into the Sun at a certain angle.

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Discorded for two hours now I have a headache.

I have boundaries where social interaction becomes headache-inducing. Unfortunately I never learned where those boundaries are. I do not feel it when I pass those boundaries. I do not display any outward indication that I have passed those boundaries. I do not see them waving frantically before or after I barrel through them. I do not notice when I'm far over them. I never learned any of those skills. I'm lucky I learned I have boundaries.

As a result I now have the you-elfed-past-your-boundaries headache.

When I get back to work I'm going to have to be social for 8 hours at a time every day.

How do normal people do this?

You're asking that on THIS Forum??? ::P:

Breakfast,

Oatmeal with Cinnamon, Nuts and Honey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:
8 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

You know, this plague is really hitting those of us with a functional photic sneeze reflex hard.

If I go outside in sunlight I'll sneeze. If I sneeze people think I have the plague.

I have been aware of mine since I was a kid, you know that feeling when you need to sneeze but can't? I learned pretty quick that all I had to do was look into the Sun at a certain angle.

My dad has it. So do I and my sister. I knew I had it the whole time. (what's the weather outside? [looks] [sneezes] sun's out) I only learned last month that the same reflex causes me to sneeze when eating good chocolate too.

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:
5 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have boundaries where social interaction becomes headache-inducing. Unfortunately I never learned where those boundaries are. I do not feel it when I pass those boundaries. I do not display any outward indication that I have passed those boundaries. I do not see them waving frantically before or after I barrel through them. I do not notice when I'm far over them. I never learned any of those skills. I'm lucky I learned I have boundaries.

When I get back to work I'm going to have to be social for 8 hours at a time every day.

That's why I ask this forum. I know I won't get any real advice ::P:

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:
6 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

That's why I ask this forum. I know I won't get any real advice ::P:

How did you used to do it? :huh:

_________

Maybe a cheap-O printed sign for your cube in the cube farm:

“ Asymptomatic Spreader

Enter this cubical at your peril. “

:devil:

Edited by TGP
  • Like 10

Painting and 3d printing in progress!

Today is a good day to die paint!

20200524_103407.jpg

• Like 20

It seems there has been a shift somewhere in the Firmament, an altering of the strands of Space and Time...

I seem to have, somehow, managed to actually sleep thru most of the night. This has not happened in many months, perhaps it is an omen of some kind. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I seem to have, somehow, managed to actually sleep thru most of the night.

Actually, that might possibly be my fault - I on the other hand have been awake since 5AM on Friday, and it's now 7:30 AM on Sunday and I am not the least bit tired. Clearly I am unintentionally drawing power from some outside source, lol.

Hrmm - y'know, I should probably go check to make sure that all my neighbors haven't become dried up husks... :zombie:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7
  • Haha 6

Since it's still nice and cool outside, I think I'll go blaze a trail through the jungle mow the lawn.

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

Congrats @OneBoot!!

Okay... I should keep working on my dark elves... but I just kinda want to spend the entire day playing Civ 6...

Either way, this calls for COFFEE!!

34 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Since it's still nice and cool outside, I think I'll go blaze a trail through the jungle mow the lawn.

I actually miss having a lawn to mow. It was a nice 90 minutes of podcasts and exercise every week or two where it was just me and the soft scht scht scht scht of my push mower. Kinda meditative.

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Since all the smart elfed answers were taken, I have to give an honest answer, with the caveat that neither I nor any other person on the planet or in orbit is normal.

I don't have any social boundaries. I could be in a crowded social situation and just ... be ... until I fell asleep. I could probably then sleep in the same crowded social situation for a full eight hours, possibly more depending on bedding comfort levels, then get up and be social again for the full day.

I'm no extrovert, but not an introvert either. Being social just isn't something at all, and I can't give any reason why. Maybe because I can escape mentally whenever I want?

Sounds like a kid show "message": You're never trapped in a sea of people when you've got .... IMAGINATION!

• Like 11

Blew my last keg of homebrew the other night. So it's all day brewing today. On the right is an imperial stout and on the left is a tropical IPA. Or at least the grain for both. The IPA is now resting at a comfortable 152F on my stove while the starch converts to sugar. When that's done it'll get pulled off and turned into dog treats, which I'm also getting low on. 

IMG_20200524_092236682.thumb.jpg.4922fec1001cb6f95526b983859f803a.jpg

• Like 12

Did someone say Dad Jokes?

Do not use "BEEFSTEW" as a password. 

Spoiler

It's not stroganoff.

Edited by TripleH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Congrats @OneBoot!!

Okay... I should keep working on my dark elves... but I just kinda want to spend the entire day playing Civ 6...

Same thing for me, except it's BattleTech, and hopefully getting a tad further in the campaign again...

17 minutes ago, Crowley said:

This definitely calls for coffee!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:
26 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Same thing for me, except it's BattleTech, and hopefully getting a tad further in the campaign again...

This definitely calls for coffee!

I got coffee, I pulled out my painting tray, and I somehow managed to find the strength to shut down Civ 6...

• Like 9

Wait, wait, wait. Can not everybody look at a bright light and sneeze? Have I finally learned what my superpower has been my whole life?

• Haha 10

Well that was kinda disappointing.........Iheartradio "Slippery when Wet" station (aka 80s hair bands) is doing a top 80 countdown this weekend.Fan voted countdown of the top 80s hair band songs. I caught at work at #80 & listened to it all the way to #1. #1 was Welcome to the Jungle by GnR....yah, my thoughts exactly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5