Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Okay, this is quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen in several months... I just saw it over on ENWorld and had to share it...

(and she's damn cute, too, lol.)

mandalorian-snow-white-jpg.127350

Cool in the extreme.

BUT, not grungy enough for the Star Wars Universe.

I'd really like to see a full length picture to see how they carried out the Gothic Armor theme.

GEM

• Like 4

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Cool in the extreme.

BUT, not grungy enough for the Star Wars Universe.

I'd really like to see a full length picture to see how they carried out the Gothic Armor theme.

GEM

image.png.f165119e0163e4d5076637153e72a03a.png

I guess it's actually "a thing" to convert the Disney princesses (and others) into Mandalorians.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, strawhat said:

image.png.f165119e0163e4d5076637153e72a03a.png

I guess it's actually "a thing" to convert the Disney princesses (and others) into Mandalorians.

Thanks for the full length pose.

I still say it isn't grungy enough for the Star Wars Universe, even if there is a Snow White Squeaky Clean tm spell on her, and her equipage.  They should have done better on the leg armor, given that they have so many excellent  examples of the  Gothic Armorers Art and Craft to work with.

GEM

• Like 6

11 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

No, not daft. If I thought she'd fit in one, I would lol. She won't fit in any of the ones we own, and on the slim chance she would fit, she might scrape her incision on it. Most of the pics I posted lately were of her as a puppy, but she's coming close to three years old (I just haven't gotten a recent pic of her on my laptop), weighs 98 lbs, and is pretty tall and long. They closed our local rescue shelter down about two years ago (budget cuts), and I assume if our vet would rent an appropriately sized one out that it wouldn't be cheap for two weeks.

Most dog books seem to say that dogs are fully grown and adult around two years; labradors are interesting in that, while they are mostly grown, they still have puppish tendencies into their third year. While she has matured greatly in the past six months, she's still got some puppy mentality to her. Plus, she wants to be around us, and is tired of staying with me so she follows any one else she can. Her mentality is that Dad is the Fun One (which is bad in her current condition), Mom is the Food Source, and I am The Betrayer and/or Killjoy.

Hope you can make it work.

Always difficult to keep an energetic dog calm.

Boxers are puppies for life.

They will never stop playing so I have had some experience with the problem.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@ManvsMini, sorry to hear about your dad, needed hoping he won't be too difficult a patient ::(: 

I think a phrase that fits your situation is "Everything in yer favours against ye", which pretty much means that everything that could go wrong, especially things that you normally rely on, just did. We tend to use it a lot at work!

5 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Mashups are definitely a "thing". I've got a few t-shirt designs which are mashups.

Me too, this one is my favourite 

2310343_6.jpg.7fde7063cea7b57c64113656fbccb245.jpg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Got more chestnuts.

Plan is to make Chestnut Puree with potatoes and cheese gratin.

20201013_131941.jpg

Oh yum.  but chestnuts are enough of a treat around me that they never get to the experimental stage.  I tend to roast them and eat them like popcorn.  Although occasionally i can be talked into giving up a few to make a chestnut stuffing for the thanksgiving turkey...

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Weirdly enough, Brutus's latest good news is a load off my mind and I confess I hadn't really been paying attention.  

I am quite happy for all concerned.

Thank you.

How are things going? 

Did they get back to you about the interview?

@Kangaroorex I have about one Kilogram.

I need half for the puree.

The other half...I might bake a chestnut cake or something.

I love to cook

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Thank you.

How are things going? 

Did they get back to you about the interview?

@Kangaroorex I have about one Kilogram.

I need half for the puree.

The other half...I might bake a chestnut cake or something.

I love to cook

I do to.  but its also October and they look like little brains!  I used to drive my kids crazy when they were younger telling them that i was eating squirrel brains.  Took them a while to figure out what they really were!

but i love the flavor of roasted chestnuts and they are rare as hens teeth around my current domicile (which is weird because when we lived 100 miles south of here our neighbor had a chestnut tree in his front yard.  Today they are hard to find around me, rather low quality, and rather pricey (8-15 USD a kilogram)

a chestnut cake sounds absolutely yummy!

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 8