Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Y'know, I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite...

Coming home from work, traffic on a busy city street was held up for nearly three minutes by two dozen geese crossing the street - against the light...  Hell, they weren't even in the crosswalk.... :rolleyes:

Damn tourists.

(Must be French Canadian geese...)

Oh, didn't you know? Canadians are so polite because we pour all our negative emotions, but especially hatred... Itno the geese. 

There's a Ritual once a year to ensure this happens... 

This should, of course, all be purple... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh, didn't you know? Canadians are so polite because we pour all our negative emotions, but especially hatred... Itno the geese. 

There's a Ritual once a year to ensure this happens... 

This should, of course, all be purple... 

FTFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Well, dad fell and broke his leg today. Had to take him to the urgent care. Luckily only one broken bone, but he's out of commission for at least 6-8 weeks, depending on how it heals. Have to make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor to get his temporary cast made into... well, a non-temporary one. A normal cast?

Going to be a rough few weeks, balancing my canine companions health needs with dad's (he hasn't been on crutches in 50 years, so that's going great... no it's not like riding a bike, getting up the stairs into the house was not smooth at all), and dad's accident couldn't have come at a worse time. Glass half-full look: at least I don't have to worry about him sneaking off while the Covid count ramps up in my state (and I am now wearing a mask around the house, since I have to be in close contact to help him stand up, plus not risking mom's health).

Will try to check in and make a few posts when I can, but probably won't be as often as I was (increased responsibilities and all). Will try for at least every other day. Every one, take care of yourself, loved ones, and fur-babies.

@Kuroneko tell me there is a Scottish word or phrase that fits this situation. I know you've got something, don't let me down!

-MvM

• Sad 21

I think the generally used Scottish for situations like that,  from the Scotts I've known, is not fit to be published. Maybe something with a few less F bombs?

Anyway, I am sorry to hear that ManvsMini. I hope things get more better on the home front for you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

IMG_20201010_111747.jpg

Congrats to you & your wife for a safe delivery!! Here's to many years of happiness & joy in all of your lives!! :bday:

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Conga rats @Crowley!

ls,13inch,x1000-c,90,0,1000,1000-bg,f8f8

6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Okay, this is quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen in several months... I just saw it over on ENWorld and had to share it...

(and she's damn cute, too, lol.)

mandalorian-snow-white-jpg.127350

Boba Fett's mom, Lisa.... :lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Okay, this is quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen in several months... I just saw it over on ENWorld and had to share it...

(and she's damn cute, too, lol.)

mandalorian-snow-white-jpg.127350

Cool in the extreme.

BUT, not grungy enough for the Star Wars Universe.

I'd really like to see a full length picture to see how they carried out the Gothic Armor theme.

GEM

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Cool in the extreme.

BUT, not grungy enough for the Star Wars Universe.

I'd really like to see a full length picture to see how they carried out the Gothic Armor theme.

GEM

image.png.f165119e0163e4d5076637153e72a03a.png

I guess it's actually "a thing" to convert the Disney princesses (and others) into Mandalorians.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, strawhat said:

I guess it's actually "a thing" to convert the Disney princesses (and others) into Mandalorians.

Thanks for the full length pose.

I still say it isn't grungy enough for the Star Wars Universe, even if there is a Snow White Squeaky Clean tm spell on her, and her equipage.  They should have done better on the leg armor, given that they have so many excellent  examples of the  Gothic Armorers Art and Craft to work with.

GEM

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Mashups are definitely a "thing". I've got a few t-shirt designs which are mashups.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

No, not daft. If I thought she'd fit in one, I would lol. She won't fit in any of the ones we own, and on the slim chance she would fit, she might scrape her incision on it. Most of the pics I posted lately were of her as a puppy, but she's coming close to three years old (I just haven't gotten a recent pic of her on my laptop), weighs 98 lbs, and is pretty tall and long. They closed our local rescue shelter down about two years ago (budget cuts), and I assume if our vet would rent an appropriately sized one out that it wouldn't be cheap for two weeks.

Most dog books seem to say that dogs are fully grown and adult around two years; labradors are interesting in that, while they are mostly grown, they still have puppish tendencies into their third year. While she has matured greatly in the past six months, she's still got some puppy mentality to her. Plus, she wants to be around us, and is tired of staying with me so she follows any one else she can. Her mentality is that Dad is the Fun One (which is bad in her current condition), Mom is the Food Source, and I am The Betrayer and/or Killjoy.

Hope you can make it work.

Always difficult to keep an energetic dog calm.

Boxers are puppies for life.

They will never stop playing so I have had some experience with the problem.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

IMG_20201010_111747.jpg

Congrats!

Awesome news!

image.png.739f87f035c444b6368beaf360d502c8.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1