Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The biggest problem with this is unfortunately the coffee will go stale in such a state, and lose a good amount of its flavour.  Hand grinder is a much more appropriate solution - still get the benefits and taste (well, mainly taste) of freshly ground coffee, and, well, no loud motor and burr noises waking people up. 

A good hand grinder is cheaper than most decent coffee brewers, and a great hand grinder is cheaper than most decent electric grinders... They also work anywhere you can get hot water too, because they don't need power! 

Nah, hide the beans and buy a jar of Maxwell House instant coffee.

That'll show her!

The Auld Grump - my mom used to drink Maxwell House.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Yay! I have the first half of this week off! Time to clamber up hills, look for interesting wildlife to photograph and not be cooped up inside!

***checks weather forecast for the next few days***

Wow, that's a lot of weather warnings for wind and rain.....

Time to clean up my desk! Finish those minis! Actually post something in the Show Off section! Make toffee apples! 

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Yay! I have the first half of this week off! Time to clamber up hills, look for interesting wildlife to photograph and not be cooped up inside!

***checks weather forecast for the next few days***

Wow, that's a lot of weather warnings for wind and rain.....

Want to swap? It's clouds, cold winds (-10C windchill), and snowing on and off. 

Two weeks off and this is how we're starting it, eh nature? Challenge accepted then, I... Uh oh, I'm almost out of hot chocolate, hmm. Got plenty of tea though, but not much hot chocolate. 

Was sort of hoping to get to take the telescope out, but we shall see. It's been a cloud night's kinda year, to say the least. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The biggest problem with this is unfortunately the coffee will go stale in such a state, and lose a good amount of its flavour.  Hand grinder is a much more appropriate solution - still get the benefits and taste (well, mainly taste) of freshly ground coffee, and, well, no loud motor and burr noises waking people up. 

A good hand grinder is cheaper than most decent coffee brewers, and a great hand grinder is cheaper than most decent electric grinders... They also work anywhere you can get hot water too, because they don't need power! 

For a long time I wanted a quality grinder (like the expensive but well rated Baratza burr grinders). But my sense of taste and smell is so poor that I wouldn't benefit from it (though far from my favourite, I can hold down day old reheated Folgers).

For my moka pot :wub:, ground coffee in a can is good enough for me. Doesn't need to be the high end brands, but I don't go for the cheapest ones either. So Maxwell House and Folgers, by default are out!

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, TGP said:

Did your joints ache?

In my case the side FX lasted about 9 hours. It was like a tiny, weak, 9 hour flu, that kicked in about two hours after the shot.

Not really. I just felt "ugh." I also had my ears start ringing when I went to bed, which I guess means I had *bad* reaction.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Titled "A Ball That will P.O. Artists":

image.png.84c03d57851aff88cd57d13dc1466318.png

Gah!

Gibber, gibber, gibber!

8 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Nah, hide the beans and buy a jar of Maxwell House instant coffee.

That'll show her!

The Auld Grump - my mom used to drink Maxwell House.

I always knew you were EVIL!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Make toffee apples!

Is there a difference between toffee and caramel? I've never been a fan of toffee, but the kind I've had has always been the kind that will chip your teeth (which is why I don't eat it), so I presume the kind you would use is softer? Chipped teeth don't sound like a good idea for continued toffee apple consumption. My mom used to make caramel apples, but it was always a very soft sticky caramel, never the kind that hardened up.

• Like 7

Bilbo Baggins suddenly wakes up and hears someone singing "Don't stop Believing".

Spoiler

It was an unexpected Journey.

• Haha 16

In other news…

Zukmet.thumb.png.5ecdca46ef03220aa05e3e318bd2a16a.png

I made a continent !!

Put it in a spoiler tag because it says it is 2.8 MB.

My phone automatically gives a load reduced sizes option, but  'puter does not do that. :upside: Sorry.

There is this thing on Twitter called the Uncharted Atlas. It is a mindless bot that draws maps. I made this by photomashing a bunch of them together until I had an interesting looking landmass. (UA is responsible for the randomly generated names that appear to be from no language known to or spoken by anyone ever.)

• Like 11

11 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Or physics majors....

That made me wince.

Hide contents

(It can be done though - making the shadowed side a brighter color than the lit side, shading between.)

The Auld Grump

The shadow could be painted too. Probably easier than painting the ball.

• Like 11

Today is a super drag. Coming off of a four day off-work stretch so it isn’t a huge surprise.

Did gift myself an eBay auction last night, so 27 more space ships from Firestorm Armada headed my way. I should really try to paint some. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

(though far from my favourite, I can hold down day old reheated Folgers).

You should have put this behind a spoiler, with a content warning...

GOOD COFFEE!!

Edited by Crowley
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Today is a super drag. Coming off of a four day off-work stretch so it isn’t a huge surprise.

Did gift myself an eBay auction last night, so 27 more space ships from Firestorm Armada headed my way. I should really try to paint some. 

I have 8? ships from that game.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Crowley said:

GOOD COFFEE!!

Doesn't exist. ::P:

In other news, I managed to cut down my 3.3k word review of the first volume down to 667. This feels like cheating... :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TGP said:
1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

I have 8? ships from that game.

I know I have too many BFG ships already, but MAN I want some of those ships...

• Like 7