Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Is there a difference between toffee and caramel? I've never been a fan of toffee, but the kind I've had has always been the kind that will chip your teeth (which is why I don't eat it), so I presume the kind you would use is softer? Chipped teeth don't sound like a good idea for continued toffee apple consumption. My mom used to make caramel apples, but it was always a very soft sticky caramel, never the kind that hardened up.

In the Netherlands Caramel is a flavour, Toffee is the substance and can also be infused with chocolate or nuts or even another flavour like egg nog.

7 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

good news! not covid just normal sick

Good  for you!

Brutus Update.

Test results point to inflammation, he already had cystitis earlier, but it might be in the bladder/prostate/urinal tract..

So he needs to get a scan tomorrow and then heavy antibiotics when this is confirmed.

Hoping it is indeed an inflammation, I was fearing for the big C.

In worse news.

The father of my Brother in Law passed away today.

93 yrs old, unfortunately it's also his granddaughter's 25th birthday today.

Poor man.

• Sad 23

I had an old friend over last night and we played Bug Hunt.  It was a fun game and awkward conversation.

I've completely forgotten how to Social Human and even nerd small talk is exhausting.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

@Beagle anyone you recognise?

the_beagles.jpg.3de1f575d0f1b4b7ad8de0f25e4702c6.jpg

Available the next 24hours on a T-shirt site with a name that begins with q...

I know all of them. Avoid the lemon one, he's such a diva, and don't lend the caramel one any money, you'll never get it back

• Haha 15

Playing D&D as a player tonight!!! One of my players asked the FLGS if he could run AL this week. This was in my period of staying away from the FLGS due to a confirmed positive COVID case amongst the staff. I don't mind. It lets me prep for the Hallo'week game next Monday night!!

I just need to figure out what kinda of character I wanna play. Since it's AL, who knows what the others are bringing. Since all my characters are on my phone (thanks to D&D Beyond), I guess I'll finally decide right before we start. ^_^

Leaning towards a martial class like a mtn dwarf fighter or a goliath barbarian, but I wouldn't mind playing a cleric or ranger. Thou 5e ranger is very weak compared to other classes & previous editions, still it is or was one of my favorite classes. I'll be 2nd level so at least I'll better abilities then starting (being the DM all the time perk...::D:).

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

1 hour ago, TGP said:
2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Did gift myself an eBay auction last night, so 27 more space ships from Firestorm Armada headed my way. I should really try to paint some. 

I have 8? ships from that game.

I know I have too many BFG ships already, but MAN I want some of those ships

I have 20 ships.

I may have 20 ships of a couple of factions.

I should do an inventory. I have no clue if I got any duplicates with this auction. Then again, not sure that I care if I have duplicates.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I know I have too many BFG ships already, but MAN I want some of those ships...

Is there any such thing as too many spaceships?  I have played BFF,  SFB  and firestorm armada a few times each and have rules and ships for 2 others but still don't have enough ships...

• Like 9

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Want to swap? It's clouds, cold winds (-10C windchill), and snowing on and off.

At least you got a summer right? We only got 4 sunny days in May, it barely got above 20C ::P:

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Is there a difference between toffee and caramel? I've never been a fan of toffee, but the kind I've had has always been the kind that will chip your teeth (which is why I don't eat it), so I presume the kind you would use is softer? Chipped teeth don't sound like a good idea for continued toffee apple consumption. My mom used to make caramel apples, but it was always a very soft sticky caramel, never the kind that hardened up.

Ours is the shiny, brittle stuff that works well with the slightly sour Granny Smith apples. I think the naming is purely a regional thing with caramel having a higher dairy (butter or cream) content. We made the toffee apples simply by melting sugar until its clear and molten and working REALLY fast by dipping the apples and coating them. This is one of the remaining apples :)

557255929_DSCN41531.thumb.JPG.d3107dfe7a5b18817ff972deb8571bed.JPG

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Titled "A Ball That will P.O. Artists":

image.png.84c03d57851aff88cd57d13dc1466318.png

6c4abcc7ecec0ccd6122fdffbcbb0b2b.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Playing D&D as a player tonight!!! One of my players asked the FLGS if he could run AL this week. This was in my period of staying away from the FLGS due to a confirmed positive COVID case amongst the staff. I don't mind. It lets me prep for the Hallo'week game next Monday night!!

I just need to figure out what kinda of character I wanna play. Since it's AL, who knows what the others are bringing. Since all my characters are on my phone (thanks to D&D Beyond), I guess I'll finally decide right before we start. ^_^

Leaning towards a martial class like a mtn dwarf fighter or a goliath barbarian, but I wouldn't mind playing a cleric or ranger. Thou 5e ranger is very weak compared to other classes & previous editions, still it is or was one of my favorite classes. I'll be 2nd level so at least I'll better abilities then starting (being the DM all the time perk...::D:).

Actually some of the ranger sub classes are good.  Beastmaster is worst, but monster hunter can lay down the hurt with their Slayer Prey.  

• Like 9

13 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Nah, hide the beans and buy a jar of Maxwell House instant coffee.

That'll show her!

The Auld Grump - my mom used to drink Maxwell House.

Better yet, leave the beans in their normal place and move the grinder to the garage or some other suitable hidden location.  Put the instant coffee right where the grinder normally resides.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

18 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Is it wrong that I enjoy watching my wife do her homework?

The Auld Grump

Nope.

• Like 6