Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Gawds, it's tough enough having to deal with soy and mushrooms, that trio sounds like one has to be rather resourceful to say the least... 

I think the "pile of recipes" is the stage we're working towards right now - find out what we like, methods to make things that don't take forever (or half a day sitting in a crock pot), and steadily move towards a nice amount of variety in our diet. 

Hence why she's planning to put everything into a cookbook at some point - she's getting very good at working out what you need to do to get the right flavours and textures (as you can't just substitute gluten-free flour for wheat flour, doing that and most things end up rubbery)

She's even managed to do a sticky date pudding with caramel sauce that is gluten and dairy free - and most people who try it (the one exception being someone who hates coconut) love it.

My cooking ability is limited to things that don't require me to pay too much attention to them, like roasts...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Step one: assemble bookcase. Complete.

Step two: fill with books. Pending.

Step three: realize you need another bookcase.

Step four: order new bookcase.

Repeat.

Gods honest truth...

12 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Dunno if it had been shared already, but from Jason Wiebe's Facebook

"Death comes to Beetown-- client:Reaper miniatures"

FB_IMG_1591403081476.jpg

I... I didn't know I needed this. BUT I NEED THIS.

I also need sleep. Did not get enough last night. Apparently we've reached the point in the year where we're gonna need to pull out the AC...

Thankfully there's COFFEE!!!

• Like 7

We've been socially distancing here for the last few months. Current guidelines state that we must stay 2 metres away from people not in our households. As usual, some people don't quite get it, so a conservation charity posted a couple of helpful graphics to help us all stay safe.

EZmXNu-XgAAXJjn.thumb.jpeg.0b22310d4c5aa27f4353bef050143e4c.jpegEZmXNtiWsAMePaY.thumb.jpeg.86a51705368be6cc2328d55a8c429414.jpeg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 9
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1

“Eight and abit sparrows...” that’s hilarious.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

79 degrees here, but it's only supposed to go up by a couple more degrees, so not too bad. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be in the mid 60s, so that's going to be my lawn mowing time.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Just checked the weather. already 77, and gonna hit 90 today. UGH.

Our high is suppose to be like 60. ::D:

We had a huge windstorm come rolling in last night & it dropped the temps this weekend.

• Like 10

Heat wave has finally broke for us. Only going to be 82 today. Three days of 90s. Luckily, the house runs cold, so it never got above 80 inside. No house AC. Do have a window unit in the living room, and two wall units in the master bedroom and the craft room . 

• Like 10

We're at an acceptable 65 today, with 18 mph winds which are taking the perceived temp down a little bit.

Remember to say safe, wash your hands and stay at least 14(and a bit) Goldcrest wingspans away from strangers :poke:

1093222002_8357590005_15ccc2f7e9_b(1).thumb.jpg.620d7e627672405358ea029bf70d5a10.jpg

8hbnm.jpg.4d6a3dc93902a43fcea8aa46326c5e00.jpg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

We've been socially distancing here for the last few months. Current guidelines state that we must stay 2 metres away from people not in our households. As usual, some people don't quite get it, so a conservation charity posted a couple of helpful graphics to help us all stay safe.

EZmXNtiWsAMePaY.thumb.jpeg.86a51705368be6cc2328d55a8c429414.jpeg

African or European Sparrows? 

Made chocolate peanut butter chip cookies and set up the ac on the ground floor now to enjoy not being sticky and cookies.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Gawds, it's tough enough having to deal with soy and mushrooms, that trio sounds like one has to be rather resourceful to say the least... 

I think the "pile of recipes" is the stage we're working towards right now - find out what we like, methods to make things that don't take forever (or half a day sitting in a crock pot), and steadily move towards a nice amount of variety in our diet. 

The benefit of crock pots is that you can be doing something else for 4-6 hours (like painting) while dinner cooks. And it doesn't warm the house like having the oven on all day will.   Chili, stew, pot roast all work well there.   I have a tiny pot, holds 3-4 cups, that is the best for making oatmeal in during the winter.  It's great to wake up to hot spiced oats for breakfast. 

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Just checked the weather. already 77, and gonna hit 90 today. UGH.

Already 90 and going to get warmer.  Going to do another stint in the garden before it gets really hot. 

Hope folks in the path of the hurricane are preparing for the wind and rain.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Wyvernfire said:

African or European Sparrows? 

I thought they were about the same size? But I'm pretty sure that they meant the ubiquitous House Sparrow, which are sadly not nearly as common as they once were.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 7