Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

I hope everyone is have a great month. It has been a while since I posted, not including the pbp i am in. Coffee has been had and more work on the country manor has been finished...... wait do I really want to use that word????? oh well, I have worked on the basement, not finished, but not far from it. I worked on the 1st floor (2nd story) that has a large ball room and bedrooms in the wings of the house. the ground floor is complete other than either labeling everything or making a legend. I am leaning toward using a legend as there are a lot of bits in that layer. 1st floor is mostly done 2nd and 3rd are about in the same spot, I think. I think the biggest thing I have left to is all of the secret stuff the players can not see. I have some of it done and some of it is drawn in my head. It would be nice to have it finished by the end of the month, but I do tend to work hard on it for several days then take a few days off. I do have other maps that I want to draw, so there is those drawings i could start and work on as well. Whelp, I need to get back to it. 

• Like 12

Thought you were talking about a real house for a minute there and was feeling the familiar swell of jealousy for people with carpentry skills lol.

My envy of cartography skills is palpable but a great deal less biting, fortunately.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Thought you were talking about a real house for a minute there and was feeling the familiar swell of jealousy for people with carpentry skills lol.

My envy of cartography skills is palpable but a great deal less biting, fortunately.

I am drawing my manor house in CAD (Computer Aided Drafting). It is not blueprint quality as the walls are most represented by a single line. instead of the dual line that shows how thick the wall is. I am trying to keep door ways and all of the furniture to a one to one scale.  it helps me with being able to place it all. Fireplaces are 10' in length, but i feel they are meant to be slightly big since they have to 'heat' a large area. I have posted a picture of the house itself over in my inktober thread. please feel free to make comments or suggestions. Just do not be hurt if I do not use any of the suggestions. I know where I want this to go, but I can not think of everything. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I will be celebrating this. Was inspired to read the wikipedia blurb about it, had no idea dogs had such a special place in Hinduism.

What kind of top do you use for your apple pie? Are you a lattice topper or the solid dough top kind of person?

Another driech day here. Fairly typical here for this time of year. Woke up to thunderstorms and heavy rain. Desperately need a haircut, and am eyeballing the set of clippers heavily. Might just be that time in life when I go for the buzz cut.

I'm experimenting, using ricotta and oranges with eggwhites on top.

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

At least they let you pump your own gasoline into your car. I'd refuse to live in NJ based solely on that fact.

@Glitterwolf sorry if I missed it in a previous post, but how is Brutus doing? Molly and Dixie send best wishes.

Thx.

He's doing better.

More about it here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82521-brutus-the-boxer-glitterwolfs-pet/page/14/#comments

Good luck with the surgery on Dixie!!!

I will be crossing my fingers for you!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

The US actually has a recipe that we refer to as Dutch Apple Pie.  It probably originated with German settlers because we can't tell the difference between Dutch and Deutsch.  It uses a crumbly topping that resembles streusel:

Grandma's Dutch Apple Crisp Pie | KeepRecipes: Your Universal Recipe Box

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

The US actually has a recipe that we refer to as Dutch Apple Pie.  It probably originated with German settlers because we can't tell the difference between Dutch and Deutsch.  It uses a crumbly topping that resembles streusel:

Grandma's Dutch Apple Crisp Pie | KeepRecipes: Your Universal Recipe Box

There are several variations.

Some cover them in almonds others make an open top / lattice top.

I now took out a christmas style recipe and added orange zest and juice mixed with ricotta and egg whites and sugar on top of the apples.

It's cooling off as we speak.

Since it's 22:30 hours over here, we will have it tomorrow evening with our coffee.

So you'll have to wait for the review::P:

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Here I sit reading about what this guy did to the robo-caller and I get a robo-call. <_<

So, did you follow the example you were reading about?

26 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Since it's 22:30 hours over here, we will have it tomorrow evening with our coffee.

So you'll have to wait for the review::P:

I'll be there as soon as I can, save me a piece, please.

652be0940e9040d269493f40ffb9e663.jpg.d18497dc836044233a987174d11006cd.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The problem with getting into this hobby is that you start noticing mold lines on everything.

Sooo, you've scraped off the lines on plastic silverware eh??? :lol:

122035119_10159121043425763_503246503785

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

4 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:
9 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Pretty much anywhere is better than NYC for taxes.

At least they let you pump your own gasoline into your car. I'd refuse to live in NJ based solely on that alone.

Just on the fact that it's New Jersey means that I don't want to live there. It was funny the first time I was there, and stopped for gas, the attendant didn't get to me in time, and I started pumping the gas on my own. He walked up to me and said something like "I'll get that for you."

I was confused. This had never happened to me before. I glanced up at the sign, looking for "Full Service" didn't see it, and said "No thanks, I got it."

He stood there, confused, looking at me. I was increasingly uncomfortable with him hovering. I finished pumping, nodded at him, and drove away.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

At least they let you pump your own gasoline into your car. I'd refuse to live in NJ based solely on that fact.

At least in OR, we are allowing self-pumping now. Thou, really when the pumps are busy & the attendent can't get to you or late night when the gas stations are closed for the night. Generally, there is one pump open for such use.

• Like 6

So, been busy, setting up for the electrical panel install, etc.  They did the first half of the job today (the panel) and tomorrow they'll finish up the sundry items.  I requested a 50 Amp generator hook-up, mainly because the math made sense and because multiple people told me I would be foolish to get just 30 Amps.  (Can't argue with the fact that 30 Amps would barely keep the fridge and furnace running and something would drop if they both tried to turn on at the same time.)  

BUT!  I have an entertaining story for those of you who like cars and/or fix things.  My poor old minivan needed a new alternator, and I'd made an appointment to get it installed.  The shop guys said my engine valve covers were leaking and I broke down and told them I could spring for fixing it since I knew I wasn't going to be buying a new vehicle the same year as all that electrical work if I could help it.  They started calling me to say that there was another problem, I agreed to let them fix it and then they called to say that there was still a problem and ask was I sure nothing had been going on before I brought it in?  I assured them that the engine had sounded fine to me, so they did some diagnostics.  It turned out that someone had dropped a nut into engine valve #4.  So they're going to be keeping it a while longer, I've got a rental they're paying for and there's some machining and whatnot they have to do to fix everything.  I also don't have to pay for whatever it was they thought would fix the problem since that was a misdiagnosis on their part.  

The moral of the story is to always count your nuts twice.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

@LittleBluberry I have to take specific training for that periodically. I’ve seen the accounting go so far as having little tiny employee badges (half sized dominoes) that had to placed in the tool box when a tool was removed. Rivets had to be counted by the parts counter person before giving them to the mechanic, and all failed rivets had to be returned as well. 

Course, if the stuff I work with goes boom, it turns 8-11 digits of money into interesting stones on the ocean floor, so there’s that difference.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Still overcast/rain, with occasional thunder and looks to stay that way until Monday. Mayhap the dread powers of the Menards weather wizard has been finally broken...which I am enjoying as I find vitamin D to be rather overrated.

Looked outside this morning to find the neighbor's cat lurking around the feeder, before wandering off with a peanut in it's mouth. Occasionally I've seen it eating a few seeds, but this is the first time I've seen it carry off a peanut. Perhaps it's trying to elf with the chipmunk and squirrels. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3