Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

Foggy night... Perfect for a hot spiked cider and some DS9.

IMG_20201021_195007.jpg

He doesn't look too impressed. Maybe you should try some Babylon 5 :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@ManvsMini good luck today!

@Crowley the Hamsterling looks great, I like the skintones and you did a great job on the eyes. Display quality for sure!

Brutus is doing better, he doesn't like it when I administer the painkiller ( I need to use a syringe and spray it in the back of his mouth) and the antibiotics are working.

I will hear today or tomorrow if we need a heavier or different dose.

His appetite has returned, last night when I made the apple pie, he asked for an apple.

I need sleep. Last few nights were short and I have worried too much lately.

My girl made split pea soup and i took some with me for lunch later today.

I'm at the Base today, working from home tomorrow.

Tomorrow the car will need it's annual check up, changing tires etc etc...

With the Vet bills and that it will be a fun month!!

Glad to hear that Brutus is doing better, it's always a relief when their meds finally kick in. Loki recently had laryngitis(very sneezy and lethargic)and it took 2 separate batches of meds to get rid of it. We knew he was starting to feel better when he started stealing my paint brushes again!

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Glad to hear that Brutus is doing better, it's always a relief when their meds finally kick in. Loki recently had laryngitis(very sneezy and lethargic)and it took 2 separate batches of meds to get rid of it. We knew he was starting to feel better when he started stealing my paint brushes again!

I was relieved when Brutus started to eat a little again, and I was happy that he asked for an apple last night.

He refuse it when he was in pain last Sunday and that had me worried.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

M.E.O.W. and WOOF have signed a truce.

We're all excited to see how long this will last.

Spoiler

image.png.e2d3adac6941c0bf24cabf622beac327.pngimage.png.d889da6dd25f9d8294d1d14c2d26fd87.pngimage.png.b98dc14cd6f70eabb3f4176e8a295573.pngimage.png.ba8c0b762ba5efc0a951456dd6e6dfae.pngCan cats and dogs be friends?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

M.E.O.W. and WOOF have signed a truce.

We're all excited to see how long this will last.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e2d3adac6941c0bf24cabf622beac327.pngimage.png.d889da6dd25f9d8294d1d14c2d26fd87.pngimage.png.b98dc14cd6f70eabb3f4176e8a295573.pngimage.png.ba8c0b762ba5efc0a951456dd6e6dfae.pngCan cats and dogs be friends?

It will last until M.E.O.W gets tired of being touched, then the claws come out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Another 4-5" of snow over night and still snowing. Hospital finally did all the tests they wanted on my MIL so there's a good chance they'll discharge her today. Hopefully the roads will be cleared later this morning. Just checked the highway hotline and it's only snowy near the border. The farther north you go the less there is. 

Also got a shipping notice for my Creality CR-6 yesterday. They handed it to UPS 6 days ago. I despise UPS because their cross border fees are incredibly high and they don't deliver here anyhow. Tracking shows nothing which is normal in my experiences with them and odds are they've just mailed the printer with Canadapost. One way or another I should get it soon but I'm hoping they weren't in charge of the duties and import taxes. I don't feel like paying another $4-500 on top of what I already have.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:
13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Foggy night... Perfect for a hot spiked cider and some DS9.

IMG_20201021_195007.jpg

He doesn't look too impressed. Maybe you should try some Babylon 5 

They took it off of Amazon!! :down:

4 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Found a Chrome extension that turns every page into dark mode! It's called Dark Reader.

Oh, nice... Found a Firefox version. I mostly like it.

Coffee... and maybe now a nap.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Which is why I bought it on DVD for my birthday this year. This is also why I still buy physical media. ::P:

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@ManvsMini good luck today!

Thank you, though I am going to put that in the bank and save it for tomorrow (Dixie has her surgery then, and with dad laid up I won't be able to hang around in the animal hospital's parking lot until she's out). I'm already starting to worry about her, so it will be another low-sleep night. And tomorrow will be another day of stress eating (already stocking the fridge with cans of coke/fizzy black full fat juice).

Glad to hear Brutus is doing better, and eating.

Today's battle is with the yellow jackets or wasps, can't seem to find images with the same name on them. One picture said they were European yellow jackets, another called them yellow jacket wasps... I'm calling them insects that chose the wrong dwelling to set up shop in. After catching about 12 of them in jars last evening to this morning, we've got an exterminator coming. Plus I'm running out of jars, and the garage has turned into death row for flying insects.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Humansquish said:

It will last until M.E.O.W gets tired of being touched, then the claws come out.

So...only a few minutes then?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:
1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Which is why I bought it on DVD for my birthday this year. This is also why I still buy physical media.

Given my current space limitations, buying more physical things isn't a top priority. Also, given that my newest mini seems to require a significant amount of stuff himself, that's now doubly so.

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Some of you may recall my father passing in April ‘19. My stepmother has his ashes and I found out that she has been keeping them in his recliner at his business’s shop, around the gas heater where everybody always gathers. 

She showed up this morning to find his box had moved a bit, and an empty Miller bottle resting with him. 

Apparently, one of his friends decided Dad needed a night out, so took his remains off-roading and then for a few beers. 

He’s got weird friends. 

That's fantastic.

Okay, lunch has been had, time to hit the coop for groceries.

Maybe some coffee first.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Also, given that my newest mini seems to require a significant amount of stuff himself, that's now doubly so.

Probably the most complex mini you've ever had to assemble... though I'm pretty sure your wife did 99.9% of the work on that one. ::P:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Lady C and myself have been fighting sinus problems all week. Just enough to make you feel cruddy. However, my Battletech KS Wave 1 Starter stuff showed up this morning. The minis look GREAT! When I compare them with the original metal ones from years past, I am very impressed.

• Like 12