Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

8 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Some of you may recall my father passing in April ‘19. My stepmother has his ashes and I found out that she has been keeping them in his recliner at his business’s shop, around the gas heater where everybody always gathers. 

She showed up this morning to find his box had moved a bit, and an empty Miller bottle resting with him. 

Apparently, one of his friends decided Dad needed a night out, so took his remains off-roading and then for a few beers. 

He’s got weird friends. 

I've done similar. On Grandparent's Day in years past, I'd take grandma's box off the mantle and take her down to the restaurant for coffee. The waitstaff, being well used to me didn't have an adverse reaction, but several customers were somewhat freaked out by this. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

My grandmother the science nerd and chemistry teacher's ashes were too much for her urn (made by one of her fantastically talented sons) so I happen to know most of the excess ended up in an Erlenmeyer flask in my parents' china cabinet.  She would approve.

• Like 18
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Just learned that "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" won't be seen on broadcast TV this year. :grr:

It's available on Internet Archive [which is a tremendous resource] here: https://archive.org/details/ItsTheGreatPumpkinCharlieBrown_20181102

GEM

This level of heresy against the Great Pumpkin is unthinkable. What we are seeing is the result of an organized conspiracy to try and prevent a new generation of Pumpkinites from forming, as the Halloween Special is our primary means of getting the word out about the Benevolent Might of the Great Pumpkin. Possibly the strings here are being pulled by Corrupt Santa.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

This level of heresy against the Great Pumpkin is unthinkable. What we are seeing is the result of an organized conspiracy to try and prevent a new generation of Pumpkinites from forming, as the Halloween Special is our primary means of getting the word out about the Benevolent Might of the Great Pumpkin. Possibly the strings here are being pulled by Corrupt Santa.

Consider this as L.O.T.S. contribution to the promotion of our plant based cousins who spread through extending tentacular vines.

And may you indeed be blessed by a visit from THE GREAT PUMPKIN!

GEM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Humansquish said:

It will last until M.E.O.W gets tired of being touched, then the claws come out.

As long as boundaries are respected, then I don't see any problems....

578695625_5f883699b14b9_UG2BKuW__700(1).jpg.e5419fe38495fee3a7d131a5968f7152.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

Ok, while browsing MMF before crashing tonight before work. I came across this lovely thing from Rocket Pig:

720X720-store-thumbnail-skullgheist.jpg

It reminds me of the things in Time Bandits.....

Those things for some reason scared the holy heck out of me when I was young. I guess something about their shadows or just the scene, but yah...

& now I'm going to sleep!!!  :ik_oops:

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Made bbq grilled pork chops for dinner.

Tried something a little different and sprinkled dill weed over the chops and then let them sit for an hour before they went on the grill.  They were delicious! :wub: Going to repeat the entree for tomorrows dinner.

GEM

• Like 7

On 10/21/2020 at 9:53 PM, Crowley said:

Foggy night... Perfect for a hot spiked cider and some DS9.

IMG_20201021_195007.jpg

Why are you ignoring me father? I do not approve of this behavior. You will be punished.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*Hamsterling slowly opens eyes, sees Star Trek playing on TV* "This is my life now, isn't it?"

Yes it is.

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Why are you ignoring me father? I do not approve of this behavior. You will be punished.

And he did....

COFFEE, STAT!

• Haha 13

I'm curious, what are folks doing for Halloween if your local authorities are recommending against the usual door-to-door stuff due to COVID?  My son (11) is close to done with the trick or treating anyway (he likes the loot but isn't sure the effort is worth it) and my daughter (8) is still in full excitement mode.  So far, we've got a short afternoon virtual Halloween party for my daughter and her friends and we were talking about hiding candy around the house and having them hunt for it, perhaps in the dark with flashlights.   Anyone else in a similar situation that might have a brilliant idea to throw in the mix? 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rahz said:

I'm curious, what are folks doing for Halloween if your local authorities are recommending against the usual door-to-door stuff due to COVID?  My son (11) is close to done with the trick or treating anyway (he likes the loot but isn't sure the effort is worth it) and my daughter (8) is still in full excitement mode.  So far, we've got a short afternoon virtual Halloween party for my daughter and her friends and we were talking about hiding candy around the house and having them hunt for it, perhaps in the dark with flashlights.   Anyone else in a similar situation that might have a brilliant idea to throw in the mix? 

This lady built a remote beetlejuice sandworm to safely deliver candy to trick and treaters :winkthumbs:

FullSizeRender5-5f8b573a2a1e7__880.thumb.jpg.75c957835d197ea98179a9873ced2316.jpg

Link to story and how she made it here. https://www.boredpanda.com/trick-or-treat-monster-halloween-diy-martin-bruckner/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Bacon in the oven... eggs on standby...

As for Halloween @Rahz , my plan is, as usual, to dress up the wee beasts and walk around the neighborhood. If there's no trick or treating, we'll just enjoy the holiday decorations. If there is, we'll also enjoy the other costumes.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Bacon in the oven... eggs on standby...

My oatmeal feels very insufficient now...  

BUT today is supposed to be partially sunny and warm (over 20!) before we apparently get snow next week.  Managed to convince Mrs. Rahz to join me for a lunch on a patio today since it's likely the last chance we'll get before spending the rest of the dark months trapped at home. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I hired a tree service to get some dead limbs out of a tree out back today. Before they showed up with their truck a utility crew arrived and started tearing up the alley to do work on a water line in roughly the same spot they need to park. About ten minutes after those two crews got their trucks sorted out a plumbing crew showed up to work on the condos across the alley that have been sitting around with no work done for months now. Right now they're all back there trying to figure out how everyone is going to fit their vehicles into a space that really should only have one truck in it to begin with. 

I believe this is what's known as a clustertruck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 19