Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

54 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Bacon in the oven... eggs on standby...

Okay, that was tasty!

Planning on a nap after the food settles.

• Like 9

My veins hate me more and more. I can't even bleed properly anymore.

I go to the clinic to get blood drawn for warfarin control.

Left arm, vein moves around too much, has gotten harder than before. Right arm. Same deal. Try the hands. Hands are cold, veins won't pop out properly. I drank plenty of water the previous hour, and bladder is in overload. They wrap a warm blanket around my forearms while they attend to another patient. Not enough. Bladder reached critical point. So bathroom, and I wash my hands and dunk them in very hot water to make the veins swell up. Takes a few minutes. It helps a bit. In the end, another nurse managed to find a bleeding vein.

All in all, about 45 minutes for 1.6ml of blood.

Next time, I'm taking my Reaper pokey tool and hobby knife. I bleed easier while hobbying.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

23 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Some of you may recall my father passing in April ‘19. My stepmother has his ashes and I found out that she has been keeping them in his recliner at his business’s shop, around the gas heater where everybody always gathers. 

She showed up this morning to find his box had moved a bit, and an empty Miller bottle resting with him. 

Apparently, one of his friends decided Dad needed a night out, so took his remains off-roading and then for a few beers. 

He’s got weird friends. 

This right here is my friendship goal... :lol:

• Like 13

Looks like I'm finally getting that airbrush soon... Now to just figure out whether to go with the Iwata HP-CS (as a kit that's $10 more, but comes with hose, lube, and cleaner) or the Grex TG5. 

Oh, yeah, and figure out how I'm going to overhaul the living room as well - Ikea is sort of lacking on a few things I want for the new desk.  Who runs out of table legs? >.>;;; o_O

• Like 8

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Phooey. Missed painting platinum. 

Actually Sadie ran long enough I was able to pop in toward the end...

...I should fish out my Phoenix and paint along, I really should. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Rahz said:

My son (11) is close to done with the trick or treating anyway (he likes the loot but isn't sure the effort is worth it) and my daughter (8) is still in full excitement mode.

Loot (especially candy) is ALWAYS worth the effort. That's the cardinal lesson of RPGs... that and monster slaying with oversized weapons is totally plausible.

Heard back from the doctor about Dixie (sooner than I had anticipated, I didn't even get to stress-eat). Mass removal went well, now it's just a matter of waiting for the pathology results to see what comes next (fingers crossed for best results). I can pick her up tomorrow morning, then begins the next two weeks worth of keeping medications straight, having sleep schedules interrupted for random potty times, etc. She'll have to go back in to have her external stitches removed.

Now if I can just keep dad from worsening himself...

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Looks like I'm finally getting that airbrush soon... Now to just figure out whether to go with the Iwata HP-CS (as a kit that's $10 more, but comes with hose, lube, and cleaner) or the Grex TG5. 

I've played with both & both are great airbrushes. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way. I was going to go with that Iwata after playing with one at RCon one year. I ended up going with the Sotar to go with my Paasche Millennium. There is always the Vex too.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, haldir said:

I've played with both & both are great airbrushes. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way. I was going to go with that Iwata after playing with one at RCon one year. I ended up going with the Sotar to go with my Paasche Millennium. There is always the Vex too.

There is the Reaper Vex yes, but it would take a month (or more) to get here after ordering, and it's priced pretty much right around what a TG5 would cost locally after conversion ($199.99 USD is about $263 CAD, TG series are $271 CAD at a store that's walking distance).  Price isn't necessarily the worry, it's that 4+ weeks it would take to get here, alongside availability of spare parts.  Reaper has commented about spare parts, but it's also the fact that if something breaks, I'm waiting several weeks to be able to use the brush again.  Vex does look like a nice brush though.

Paasche Talon has also tempted me, probably because it's one of the cheapest ones available, and also comes in a kit with a hose.  The Grex TG5 is tempting because, well, I have rsi in both wrists and I've a feeling the trigger style on that one would cause less aggravation, but at the same time that Iwata's trigger is fairly light, at least when it isn't hooked up.  The Iwata HP-CS is the only one I've actually held in my paw though.

Or, in other words, man I wish this was an easier thing to figure out, but it seems like it's pretty much along the lines like most artistic tools - personal preferences and comforts can play heavily into things.

• Like 8

RTB Pro Tips! Anne's AMA! Knowledge dump time! -- started at 11:36 AM.  Scheduled for last Friday, cancelled due to power outage, then rescheduled for today.

Anne answers lots of questions from the anne-ama channel on Discord, and perhaps other questions.  There will be giveaways during the stream.  

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Relevant?:

image.thumb.png.10f34aac733a2df7500cf34f4e61a5ae.png

Very.

Managed to get a 3.5 hour nap!

Time for MOAR COFFEE!!

• Like 15

Made it home from vacation and a much needed break.  Work only called twice (at 330 and 500am) so I was left mostly alone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Made it home from vacation and a much needed break.  Work only called twice (at 330 and 500am) so I was left mostly alone.

Hope you enjoyed it.

• Like 6

On 10/21/2020 at 8:07 PM, Pegazus said:

@LittleBluberry I have to take specific training for that periodically. I’ve seen the accounting go so far as having little tiny employee badges (half sized dominoes) that had to placed in the tool box when a tool was removed. Rivets had to be counted by the parts counter person before giving them to the mechanic, and all failed rivets had to be returned as well. 

Course, if the stuff I work with goes boom, it turns 8-11 digits of money into interesting stones on the ocean floor, so there’s that difference.

My dad had a wall of pictures of subs that he had worked on in the yards that had failed.

Scorpion and Thresher, being the ones that I remember.

Another wall had the Squalus, the Tang, and others, including the Sea Wolf, that he had trained on.

The Auld Grump

On 10/21/2020 at 9:53 PM, Crowley said:

Foggy night... Perfect for a hot spiked cider and some DS9.

IMG_20201021_195007.jpg

Pinky, are you contemplating what I'm contemplating?

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 11