Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Love the birdy distancing!  Gaming tonight:  will our intrepid group of misfits manage to make peace with the lizard folk or will this degenerate into a brawl in the mud caves?  We will see...  Last session the group amazed me by doing everything right:  approaching the situation cautiously without looking weak but not actively itching for a fight, working together to talk potential allies into joining them, feeding the allies pets instead of killing the evil den of giant lizards.  Its the kind of session i live for.  Tonight we see if they can earn enough good will to find out what is really going on and bring home a peace treaty or an alliance with the home town. 

The rest of today involved a lot of sleep. (I need more than I used to and i tend to try and make it up on weekends even though it shortens my weekends.) the weeks grocery shopping and maybe a game of Gloomhaven (family is enjoying that a lot once we got past the initial learning curve)

The weather continues in the high 80s, low 90s so typical for the season, hopefully we will get a couple of breaks this summer.  and I get to watch an immature robin grow up outside the window behind my computer.  today he is trying to dive bomb bugs in the grass.  Maybe tomorrow i will open up some of the flower bed area and give him some worm access

• Like 11

2 hours ago, TGP said:

“Eight and abit sparrows...” that’s hilarious.  

Agreed, although my first thought was "you might want to be a bit further away from two peregrine falcons" since they, well... 

They're the destroyer of pigeons, for example (as one of our Montreal higher ups found out on one visit!) 

28 minutes ago, Inarah said:

The benefit of crock pots is that you can be doing something else for 4-6 hours (like painting) while dinner cooks. And it doesn't warm the house like having the oven on all day will.   Chili, stew, pot roast all work well there.   I have a tiny pot, holds 3-4 cups, that is the best for making oatmeal in during the winter.  It's great to wake up to hot spiced oats for breakfast. 

Already 90 and going to get warmer.  Going to do another stint in the garden before it gets really hot. 

Hope folks in the path of the hurricane are preparing for the wind and rain.  

I agree crock pots are lovely inventions! I need to look into more breakfast type things though, since I tend to only make roasts and stew in it so far.  Well, I made an egg scrambler once but the recipe I made was so bland, but I want to try it again. 

• Like 7

Haircut achieved! Great Clips had strict measures in place, which I'm thankful for but ill be good for 4 months now ^_^

Also good news from FLGS! RPGs restart on the 9th of July! I guess I better start printing out some minis.......

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

If that works out the way my experience did with the old Chevy Pickup [moving aprox. 60 mph at impact] you will need to roll a 20 on Luck, a 20 on Dex, and a 20 on Stamina, plus have an inordinately hard head and your Guardian Angels working double shift in order to make it.

GEM

due to bad information about the orbital mechanics of the target, I missed it

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I was spending time on videoconferencing with my brother today, coaching him through his first efforts at casting at home, using Prince August molds and some lead free pewter.  He’s working on learning to sculpt as well, so I believe his end-game is to sculpt and cast his own armies.  I’m now itching to do some casting too, having acquired molds associated with at least three different projects since the last warm days of the fall of 2019...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Now that some semblance of normalcy is being [gradually] restored to the world this is topical:

snap-8-5e6b8d2e5b5f4__700.jpg.716403541b4a22f4c56f4cb2c8f5316b.jpg

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 6
  • Haha 14

Rested this morning then Lady C and I went for lunch at Arby's, went to Sam's Club, found Lady C and some goodies and some cute dresses for 2 of the g'kids when they come down in a couple of weeks. Hit Rural King for some new suspenders the grocery shopping. nice to see things returning to normal a little at a time. Temps were cooking here today 96F, yuck. Plan for tonight is staying inside enjoying AC, having leftovers and possibly working on some minis.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 12

The high pressure system that is bringing some of you uncomfortably warm temps rolled through the Mojave a couple of days ago.

We now have a low pressure system moving through with cooler temps and wind.  Like gusts to 50 mph wind.

Am attempting to start the barbecue so I can do 'burgers for dinner.  Going to take extra charcoal to get enough heat for cooking.

Boysenberry plants are in big [circa 60 gallon] pots and have been trellised.  One plant already has runners a couple of feet long.

When I potted them I used a whole bag of Miracle-Gro potting soil for each over an 8" base of shredded cedar so they get good drainage and lots of food.

GEM

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

The high pressure system that is bringing some of you uncomfortably warm temps rolled through the Mojave a couple of days ago.

We now have a low pressure system moving through with cooler temps and wind.  Like gusts to 50 mph wind.

Am attempting to start the barbecue so I can do 'burgers for dinner.  Going to take extra charcoal to get enough heat for cooking.

Boysenberry plants are in big [circa 60 gallon] pots and have been trellised.  One plant already has runners a couple of feet long.

When I potted them I used a whole bag of Miracle-Gro potting soil for each over an 8" base of shredded cedar so they get good drainage and lots of food.

GEM

I'm pretty sure it made it's way up to us last week as we almost cracked triple digits, but earlier in the week, a storm system rolled in a lowered teh temps back down to normal & then last night we had a huge windstorm come through. I found the bunny carrier (which we just leave outside) blown across the backyard! My wife's hammock & an adult swing were tipped over, thou those fly like sails in the wind whenever it's blowing hard. Branches were all over the backyard as well. Thou will take the temps today thou!! Currently 72, there is a breeze & it has sprinkled a bit. Summer weather can hold off a bit longer for all I care!!

Curious, I just looked at next week's temps, 55 tomorrow with rain & then it starts to climb into the 80s by mid-week. Eh, I can handle that too.

• Like 9

So stinkin humid

I miss Arizona. We both do. There is a high chance we will end up back out west once he has put in enough time here

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 9

Today I found out that when a crow floofs out its head feathers it is a happy crow.

And the floofier the head, the happier the crow.

For the first time, Crazy Crow let me pet him, with no Grumps in sight. He came down to say hi, when it was just me!

I'm part of his flock! ::D:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

BEER!

And maggotcrown ogre juggernauts. I should have gotten more than 2 of them...

IMG_20200606_152030__01.jpg

• Like 16

8 hours ago, haldir said:

102410224_10158695268730763_459646011242

As if the Chex Mix ever survives longer than the first 2-3 chapters of anything I read....

The heat has driven me to becoming almost completely nocturnal again.

Watched Evangelion all the way thru for the first time in 20 years, and I found that in that time my patience for Shinji has decreased. But that maybe has less to do with the show than it does the fact that I have worked alongside far too many people that seemed to view him as a role model and act accordingly. 

• Like 11

Pardon me while I belch.

Classic summer meal:

Grilled hamburgers with all the trimmings

Corn on the Cob.

Green Salad with choice of dressing

And Potato Salad.

Blue Bunny will be for afters when this all digests.

And I threw a few hot dogs on for late night snackies.

GEM

• Like 11