Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

@ManvsMini i feel ya!  My Dad lived with us for a 18 months after it became obvious he wasn't caring for himself after mom died.  It was a nightmare (its been 5 years an my brother still feels guilty about not helping more, even though he has no reason too).  I hope your experience is better (he really didn't do well when Mom died and it made him really surly).

Wishing Dixie and your dad a swift and easy recovery.

Now I need to bake some brownies and make a chaos Lasagna. (Okay, its baked ziti but its the same ingredient list, just different noodles...)

This is his first broken bone in over 7 decades, so he has that going for him. And while mom is here, she can't do it all on her own (and doesn't handle stress well AT ALL). The biggest wound is to his pride. At some point I'll share how he broke the leg (preview: by doing something that (a) he has a history of bad outcomes with that for decades and (b) has been told for at least the past decade that he shouldn't be doing anymore, let alone by himself and without telling anyone he's doing it). He's probably feeling a bit depressed because all of the lectures and warnings and reprimands finally came true... right when he can't help care for our babies.

At least we got him the knee scooter; eight weeks of crutches would have killed him (physically, not spiritually... absolutely uncoordinated, impatient and not strong enough to use them).

If I was your neighbor would you send brownies and baked ziti? Cuz that'd be super.

• Like 8

I've used non sterile bandages large enough to attach only to fur.  It protects the wound from licking and scratching but won't pull on the skin.  (Had a Bassett with an ear hematoma that needed to be drained and cleaned every few years.

4 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

This is his first broken bone in over 7 decades, so he has that going for him. And while mom is here, she can't do it all on her own (and doesn't handle stress well AT ALL). The biggest wound is to his pride. At some point I'll share how he broke the leg (preview: by doing something that (a) he has a history of bad outcomes with that for decades and (b) has been told for at least the past decade that he shouldn't be doing anymore, let alone by himself and without telling anyone he's doing it). He's probably feeling a bit depressed because all of the lectures and warnings and reprimands finally came true... right when he can't help care for our babies.

At least we got him the knee scooter; eight weeks of crutches would have killed him (physically, not spiritually... absolutely uncoordinated, impatient and not strong enough to use them).

If I was your neighbor would you send brownies and baked ziti? Cuz that'd be super.

Of course!  They don't fit through the phone well.

PM me your address and I'm sure some cookies could find their way to you though...

Oh, and if he gets really down about things, remind him he got away with it for 7 decades.  Knowing he thumbed his nose at fate for over half a century helped my fathers mood

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

They must have succeeded, because all that's left is your skull. ::P:

Nah... I still have the rest of it. I just keep it in a trunk in my closet, and hang it out in front of the house around this time each year so it can hand out candy to the kids.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:
5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Of course!  They don't fit through the phone well.

PM me your address and I'm sure some cookies could find their way to you though...

Oh, and if he gets really down about things, remind him he got away with it for 7 decades.  Knowing he thumbed his nose at fate for over half a century helped my fathers mood

While I very much appreciate the offer, I must decline. In the situation I am in, stress + junk food + lots of caffeine + lack of sleep = perfect storm for Bad Health Issues. Last time I was in this kind of situation, I got shingles (this was five years ago)... I really don't want to press my luck and go for a second time. With my luck, I'll defy the odds and it'll happen, despite what the science says about getting them a third time (I did have chicken pox as a child).

I can only hope to be as durable as my dad when I'm his age, but I've already broken three bones at half his age. Granted, he didn't engage in the contact sports that I did, and I'm going to maintain that two of those three technically weren't broken by me, they were broken for me by other people.

• Like 8

The kid and Mrs. Froggy are down with The Crud.  The Kid had a strep test (negative) and a C-19 test (waiting for results) and so he can't go back to school yet.  Sigh.  

Also, I want to get a ukelele banjo and tune it like a mandolin.

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

The kid and Mrs. Froggy are down with The Crud.  The Kid had a strep test (negative) and a C-19 test (waiting for results) and so he can't go back to school yet.  Sigh.  

Also, I want to get a ukelele banjo and tune it like a mandolin.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for them both.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

While I very much appreciate the offer, I must decline. In the situation I am in, stress + junk food + lots of caffeine + lack of sleep = perfect storm for Bad Health Issues. Last time I was in this kind of situation, I got shingles (this was five years ago)... I really don't want to press my luck and go for a second time. With my luck, I'll defy the odds and it'll happen, despite what the science says about getting them a third time (I did have chicken pox as a child).

I can only hope to be as durable as my dad when I'm his age, but I've already broken three bones at half his age. Granted, he didn't engage in the contact sports that I did, and I'm going to maintain that two of those three technically weren't broken by me, they were broken for me by other people.

When my arm got broken, the guy who broke it took me to the hospital. While I was waiting on the doctor he said "You know, I've broken several bones, just none of them my own." At this point I mentioned that it was the second one of mine he'd broken...

He hadn't known about the first one because it was a hairline fracture in a finger. The broken arm was the only proper break I've ever had other than a broken nose.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

When my arm got broken, the guy who broke it took me to the hospital. While I was waiting on the doctor he said "You know, I've broken several bones, just none of them my own." At this point I mentioned that it was the second one of mine he'd broken...

On the anniversary of the breaking of my rib, the guy who broke it bought me ribs for lunch. I've no hard feelings towards him at all.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

I've actually finished a mini! Completed my little toilet paper gnome!

Save for the clear sealer, but that'll come. Just need to wait until it's well above freezing for that.

Now, unrelated topic. Weird thing that I've noticed this weekend is that I've started to use my left hand a lot more. Eating, drinking, and doing yard work, it's been Lefty. For some reason, I've just mentally become more comfortable using it. So skip the stroke stuff. Different mindset completely.

Now, I may be just tired. I will grant that. Yesterday while we were picking up all the leaves in the yard and I was running the handheld leaf vacuum, my left arm started getting tired, and so I thought "well, time to use my left hand then" and switched to using my right. I had to pause for a bit because I had forgotten what left and right meant. That's when I realized I'd been switching things up for a bit.

Really odd feeling. Like I'm "aware" of my left arm now. It's like a new toy that I want to use. Anyway, I should go to bed.

• Like 12

On 10/24/2020 at 9:04 AM, Kuroneko said:

temperamental little bampot

New vocabulary word....

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Crowley said:

COFFEE!

I'm on it!

Senseo with Caramel.

Our feeding table is a succes.

Several squirrels and birds of all sorts come to eat nuts/seeds/fat etc.

Here's a Jay.

20201026_124143 - kopie.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11