Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Cooked dinner in advance for two days

- Chicken and Veggies in Kecap Sesam Sauce to go with Noodles

_ Ground Beef with Veggies in Black Bean Sauce to go with Rice

For tonight I will cook a Mash Pot with Kale, Bacon, Potatoes and Rookworst ( Dutch Traditional Dish).

In this picture...no bacon, my version has cubes of bacon in it as well.

And we eat mustard on the side for the sausage.

image.png.31dab746c0b863149cb3166c26b85e65.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 14

14 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

The kid and Mrs. Froggy are down with The Crud.  The Kid had a strep test (negative) and a C-19 test (waiting for results) and so he can't go back to school yet.  Sigh.  

Also, I want to get a ukelele banjo and tune it like a mandolin.

Tests are all negative, we can get on with being merely normally miserable.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Tests are all negative, we can get on with being merely normally miserable.

Which in this case is good!!

• Like 10

Snow has come.

A sign of the intense displeasure of the Great Pumpkin over the cancelling of the Peanuts Special. I was somewhat expecting this, instead of the usual visit to the Pumpkin Patches, this year in His Wisdom, He hath unleashed the Unseelie upon humanity in Punishment. Even a deity of the Great Pumpkin's Benevolence can be pushed too far, and that has now happened...

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

Well, my sinuses are starting to recover but I'm so behind on stuff, I have to postpone my Rifts game I wanted to run on the 30th. :down:
I'm still going to give it a go, it just sucks that it won't be in time for the holiday.

• Like 7

Had 2 parcel cards in the last mail. I'm waiting on 3 parcels one of which isn't due for another couple weeks. 1 I knew would be a boardgame for my oldest's birthday. The other I was sure would be my 3D printer as it's supposedly on it's way. Went to the post office first thing and it was the game and a registered letter from a company I don't deal with any more. :down: Haven't been that disappointed in a while. Instead of setting up my printer I get to write yet another letter to them saying I have no interest in dealing with them ever again. This will be the 4th letter explaining my position.

• Like 2
  • Sad 12

Got a huge parcel delivered today.

Turned out to be the new hand saw I'd ordered, rattling around inside a box that could've comfortably held at least 20 of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

12 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Really odd feeling. Like I'm "aware" of my left arm now. It's like a new toy that I want to use. Anyway, I should go to bed.

It's like puberty all over again, isn't it?

Sorry, that was low-hanging fruit (ba-dump ching!)...

• Haha 11

Tonight's the night!!! Hallo'week aka Halloween D&D AL game tonight at my FLGS! I just looked at the sign ups on their website & it's a full table of 5 people!! Wahooooo, it's been awhile since we've had a full "table" for D&D night. We've capped the games at 5 people on the acount of COVID & social distancing rules. Looking forward in terriorizing their precious characters!!! Muahhhaaaaa!!

Ok now that I've got that out of my system. Game will be a Ravenloft adventure I found on DM's Guild called Luna Lake. It's a story about a mysterious riverboat appears & offers the party treasure beyond their wildest dreams if only they step aboard. Now being this is Ravenloft, the boat is actually a flat-bottom heap that with normal view, doesn't even appear to even float, let along carry passengers somewhere. The party will get that reveal once the the boat leaves the river & enters Luna Lake.

1000?cb=20190928170806

Luna lake is a lake (near the lower left corner) in Barovia, home of the namesake of the 5e campaign, Strahd Von Zarovich. While this map doesn't show the village, where they'll be heading, they do pass a village in the hardback campaign called  Barez. This area is one of the hardest areas of Curse of Strahd campaign. I will enforce they don't stop here. :angry:^_^ As this game doesn't focus on this area, besides it would wipe them out almost as they set foot on dry land.

They will encounter wet scarecrows as they come out of the river & climb aboard the boat (note why I ordered so many Reaper scarecrow minis......::D:) while they pass. Upon entering Luna Lake itself is when the boat transforms & they come upon a soggy, half-drowned village of Lunatown. This is where, this adventure is at!

While they explore the village to find a way to get out of here, they will encounter Strahd zombies (zombies that don't die but fall apart & each part has it's own abilities before you have to kill it), skeletons, will O'wisps (seriously, Reaper make W'oWs!!!!) & even worse vampire spawns. There is one encounter with 5 Vamp Spns! I was going to cut out some of them, but with a full table, I may have to re-think this!! 

All of these are former residents of this forsaken village that was wiped out when Strahd unleashed his anger upon Barez. Along the way they find a villager that is half-starving (I'll be using the cage prison from the Nolzur's hanging cage mini) as the bosses of this village are going to sacrifice him to Luna River goddess (name I'll have to come up with, or just go with that) on the next full moon.

The bosses are the burgomaster (leader of a village) which is now a wraith & his head river captain, which is now a wight.

Hoping everyone has a good time tonight, now I catch some Zzzzzzzz as this is my long day/night, no sleep for me before work!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Interesting health related going-ons for me today.

First, my coworker got a text from his roommate that he wasn't feeling well and was going to get tested for Covid.  Cue calls to our company about what my coworker was required to do. (answer; go home, get tested himself and wait for results).

then I had an appointment to look at my arm as I did something to it that hurts when I rotate and extend it is certain ways.  Figured it was a strain or sprain, but it's been over a month with no change.  Good news is it's not rotator cuff problems; Doc says he didn't feel any damage, so it's anti-infalamitories and icing for the next two weeks and then revisit if no change.  Also got an ENT consult to see if I can get a handle on my snoring problem before Awesome Wife finally gives in and smothers me with a pillow one of these nights.  I do need to lose some weight which will help, but I snored before the weight gain.

Not much compared to some, but more than I've had to deal with for a while.  And it had been long enough since I had gone in that they had to assign me a new primary as the old one transferred.  Again.  I suppose if I went in more that once every year or two, I might see the dame doc more than once.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

It's like puberty all over again, isn't it?

Sorry, that was low-hanging fruit (ba-dump ching!)...

The same thought crossed my mind after I posted that, but I figured everybody here is mature and wouldn’t go there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

We have a Santa Ana wind condition in So Cal right now.

One of the weather stations in the Magic Mountain area has recorded a wind gust of 96 mph.  This is below Tejon Pass where I-5 leaves So Cal and enters the Central Valley.

Meanwhile, on the Mojave which is north of the mountain ranges, we have moderate winds and clear skies.  All the smoke from the wildfires has been blown out of our area.

GEM

Addendum: And it is now long sleeve shirt weather.

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 9

On 10/22/2020 at 6:23 AM, Glitterwolf said:

M.E.O.W. and WOOF have signed a truce.

We're all excited to see how long this will last.

Hide contents

image.png.e2d3adac6941c0bf24cabf622beac327.pngimage.png.d889da6dd25f9d8294d1d14c2d26fd87.pngimage.png.b98dc14cd6f70eabb3f4176e8a295573.pngimage.png.ba8c0b762ba5efc0a951456dd6e6dfae.pngCan cats and dogs be friends?

Apparently not long;

122910477_4761776377169381_8236204078395898601_n.jpg.5e250960a373246be49323b6702d11a8.jpg

• Haha 20