Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

45 minutes ago, Pegazus said:
3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

It's like puberty all over again, isn't it?

Sorry, that was low-hanging fruit (ba-dump ching!)...

The same thought crossed my mind after I posted that, but I figured everybody here is mature and wouldn’t go there. 

You vastly overestimated.

chosepoorly.jpg.a723a95fbb5da8636d4ffafc961c6d7d.jpg

• Haha 12

29 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Apparently not long;

122910477_4761776377169381_8236204078395898601_n.jpg.5e250960a373246be49323b6702d11a8.jpg

Not kill! Just torture to give away all of W.O.O.F.'s secrets!!

In other news, the show's on Friday.

I'm only kinda panicking.

:zombie:

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

ok... so small vent....  Just received my grocery delivery.  They normally text me about substitutions so I can decline them, and they did about one item. Then went and made 4 more without notifying me and giving me a chance to decline them..  They substituted the flavor of the cat food I ordered (minor but I think we can live with it.) but the one that got me to log in and try to contact them was they substituted grapefruit for oranges? (What?  how is that the same).
Then the jewels....  they substituted shredded parmesan for nothing.  I did not order any cheese at all, and nothing was missing from my order that they could have substituted it for. Don't worry, it was on the receipt as a substitution, but it doesn't tell you for what.
And had it not been for all the other things being wrong I might not have logged in and checked the receipt to show that they were showing another mystery substitution for nothing I ordered, sugar free coffeemate...  Which I ALSO did not receive.
Had to sit on hold for almost half an hour to talk to someone to get it fixed.....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 10

20 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

ok... so small vent....  Just received my grocery delivery.  They normally text me about substitutions so I can decline them, and they did about one item. Then went and made 4 more without notifying me and giving me a chance to decline them..  They substituted the flavor of the cat food I ordered (minor but I think we can live with it.) but the one that got me to log in and try to contact them was they substituted grapefruit for oranges? (What?  how is that the same).
Then the jewels....  they substituted shredded parmesan for nothing.  I did not order any cheese at all, and nothing was missing from my order that they could have substituted it for. Don't worry, it was on the receipt as a substitution, but it doesn't tell you for what.
And had it not been for all the other things being wrong I might not have logged in and checked the receipt to show that they were showing another mystery substitution for nothing I ordered, sugar free coffeemate...  Which I ALSO did not receive.
Had to sit on hold for almost half an hour to talk to someone to get it fixed.....

Didn’t you know if you take the grapefruit and squish all the parmesan cheese into it that it is a perfectly cromulent substitute for oranges? That’s like Cooking 101!

• Haha 11
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

Never say good luck to an actor... Do you want me to *ahem* break my leg or something!?

Break a leg!

Toi Toi Toi.

Go get them!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've never been particularly impressed with grocery pick up services. It might be faster, but I'd rather just go in and do it myself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Pegazus said:
1 hour ago, Cygnwulf said:

Didn’t you know if you take the grapefruit and squish all the parmesan cheese into it that it is a perfectly cromulent substitute for oranges? That’s like Cooking 101!

Only if you add the sugar free coffeemate. That's why he's so annoyed, they left out one of the key ingredients of the substitution.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

While I very much appreciate the offer, I must decline. In the situation I am in, stress + junk food + lots of caffeine + lack of sleep = perfect storm for Bad Health Issues. Last time I was in this kind of situation, I got shingles (this was five years ago)... I really don't want to press my luck and go for a second time. With my luck, I'll defy the odds and it'll happen, despite what the science says about getting them a third time (I did have chicken pox as a child).

I can only hope to be as durable as my dad when I'm his age, but I've already broken three bones at half his age. Granted, he didn't engage in the contact sports that I did, and I'm going to maintain that two of those three technically weren't broken by me, they were broken for me by other people.

Hey stop dissing my cookies!  the only difference between my gluten free oatmeal cookies and a hearty breakfast is presentation!  (seriously: oats, sugar, eggs and raisins... i normally eat that from a bowl once the weather starts getting cold enough...)

good luck to both you and your father over the next few weeks

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Cooked dinner in advance for two days

In this picture...no bacon, my version has cubes of bacon in it as well.

And we eat mustard on the side for the sausage.

image.png.31dab746c0b863149cb3166c26b85e65.png

Better you than me.  I am forbidden from eating Kale by my family.  Something about toxic levels of gas...

8 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Tests are all negative, we can get on with being merely normally miserable.

congratulations on achieving the return to misery as in improvement achievement.  Bet you didn't think that one day you would be happy to discover you were only miserable, did you ::D:

7 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Snow has come.

A sign of the intense displeasure of the Great Pumpkin over the cancelling of the Peanuts Special. I was somewhat expecting this, instead of the usual visit to the Pumpkin Patches, this year in His Wisdom, He hath unleashed the Unseelie upon humanity in Punishment. Even a deity of the Great Pumpkin's Benevolence can be pushed too far, and that has now happened...

I just thought it was 2020 acting up again.  I don't think this year needs any special incentive to be an elfhole, I think that is just the normal state and any good weather is just 2020 trying to lure you into a false sense of confidence

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Sounds to me like they substituted the parmesean cheese for the sugar free coffeemate.  which leads to a very interesting substitution:  Just grind it fine and add it to your coffee, I am sure that will work!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Kangaroorex said:

congratulations on achieving the return to misery as in improvement achievement.  Bet you didn't think that one day you would be happy to discover you were only miserable, did you ::D:

Oh if only it were so ironically simple.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Hey stop dissing my cookies!  the only difference between my gluten free oatmeal cookies and a hearty breakfast is presentation!  (seriously: oats, sugar, eggs and raisins... i normally eat that from a bowl once the weather starts getting cold enough...)

good luck to both you and your father over the next few weeks

A thousand apologies sir! It was the lack of sleep talking. What I meant to say about your cookies is:

not-worthy.jpg.d973b66d95528b6374e3c9007b67d677.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

A thousand apologies sir! It was the lack of sleep talking. What I meant to say about your cookies is:

not-worthy.jpg.d973b66d95528b6374e3c9007b67d677.jpg

All are worthy of my cookies, but i can understand that you have other things on your mind right now.::D:

In other news, i was on vacation and at the cabin we got to meet our new neighbors...at 6am... 5 feet from our bedroom window

20201020_164816.thumb.jpg.e3a176676355dd3fa46f265f7fc533ad.jpg

The wiseguy in the brown suit with the huge leg muscles is the cult leader.  His buddy in the striped suit only starts up when the leader stepped back. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4