Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

12 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

ok... so small vent....  Just received my grocery delivery.  They normally text me about substitutions so I can decline them, and they did about one item. Then went and made 4 more without notifying me and giving me a chance to decline them..  They substituted the flavor of the cat food I ordered (minor but I think we can live with it.) but the one that got me to log in and try to contact them was they substituted grapefruit for oranges? (What?  how is that the same).
Then the jewels....  they substituted shredded parmesan for nothing.  I did not order any cheese at all, and nothing was missing from my order that they could have substituted it for. Don't worry, it was on the receipt as a substitution, but it doesn't tell you for what.
And had it not been for all the other things being wrong I might not have logged in and checked the receipt to show that they were showing another mystery substitution for nothing I ordered, sugar free coffeemate...  Which I ALSO did not receive.
Had to sit on hold for almost half an hour to talk to someone to get it fixed.....

Ummmmmm. Was this Wallyworld? or some other outfit?

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

ok... so small vent....  Just received my grocery delivery.  They normally text me about substitutions so I can decline them, and they did about one item. Then went and made 4 more without notifying me and giving me a chance to decline them..  They substituted the flavor of the cat food I ordered (minor but I think we can live with it.) but the one that got me to log in and try to contact them was they substituted grapefruit for oranges? (What?  how is that the same).
Then the jewels....  they substituted shredded parmesan for nothing.  I did not order any cheese at all, and nothing was missing from my order that they could have substituted it for. Don't worry, it was on the receipt as a substitution, but it doesn't tell you for what.
And had it not been for all the other things being wrong I might not have logged in and checked the receipt to show that they were showing another mystery substitution for nothing I ordered, sugar free coffeemate...  Which I ALSO did not receive.
Had to sit on hold for almost half an hour to talk to someone to get it fixed.....

I turned off substitutions for my grocery deliveries ages ago, much easier to just go without than fight to return whatever nonsense they thought was an adequate replacement.

Although it did work out for me once, they accidentally gave me 40 pints of UHT milk and it would've been such a hassle for the driver to sort it out they just let me keep it for free.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, sumbloke said:

So what's your explanation for Angel getting fatter on Buffy and Angel?

Hey, they managed to return his soul to him. You think someone couldn't conjure up a metabolic disorder for him too?

• Haha 8

Off to the pediatrician for a wellness visit.

I have a long weekend coming up (11/6-9) and I'm trying to decide what I want to try to do during it. I have a number of minis that I need to finish the bases on, and some greenstuff work to do... a couple minis on the shelf of shame that could use some love...Or I could start something totally new.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Do you own a rocking chair?

GEM

Several.   There are worse things in life.

19 hours ago, Corsair said:

Shades of Kermit!

If only my career were as varied and fulfillling as his.

19 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

He will soon... he will soon.

next comes the porch sitting and the plucking.

before you know it, the truck is on cement blocks, the fridge is in the front yard and the couch is on the porch!

::P:

The truck is on the fridge, the front yard is up on blocks, and the porch is on the couch.  These are good cold meds I'm on.

19 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Some may argue it wasn't Heaven that was involved.

Enh.  To create (music, art, etc) is to worship the Creator.  I have strong opinions on this.

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I have a long weekend coming up (11/6-9) and I'm trying to decide what I want to try to do during it. I have a number of minis that I need to finish the bases on, and some greenstuff work to do... a couple minis on the shelf of shame that could use some love...Or I could start something totally new.

Hope the wellness check goes well. If taking care of a newborn is anything like taking care of convalescing dogs (probably harder, I am under no illusions), then I'd go with something that you can start/stop at a moment's notice? Granted, the odds of your newborn licking your fingers is probably slim, so you might actually be able to use greenstuff (whereas my dogs are guaranteed to try licking them).

Another tiring day thus far. I'm losing much beauty sleep due to Dixie's medicine schedule and her middle of the night potty walks. It's a good thing I leave my phone across the room when I sleep instead of next to me because I'm getting to the point of wanting to throw it across the room when it rings or when an alarm goes off. She's walking around more than I would like (any time she hears someone getting food or if she thinks someone is getting food). I may try icing her leg where the lymph node was removed because it's pretty swollen (was expected, but they didn't give any discharge instructions).

Molly's still got a bit of a scab on her incision that hasn't fallen off yet, and she's almost three weeks out from her surgery. Can't put her collar or harness back on her until it falls off, and she's becoming very rowdy when she gets her potty breaks (still on low exercise restriction for a few more days).

• Like 9