Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

As for the trasimission for grim; it's a scavenger hunt through the catalog.  If you search Birthday in the store, you will get sent to Alice and White Rabbit.  If you look at the tags under that fig, you will see a message and follow on instructions.  

End result is that something will occur on November 6th at 6:00.  I'm assuming it's the 100th* episode of Reaper Live.

*as they have been on 99.x for a bit now

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Administrators
1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

End result is that something will occur on November 6th at 6:00.  I'm assuming it's the 100th* episode of Reaper Live.

Nov. 5th*
and just so happens to be at the same time as reaper live, but Grimm told me that it is something else.. :)

• Like 11

3 hours ago, osugambit said:

I found this on the reaper miniatures wikipedia:

"Congratulations, you've made it to the end of chapter 1, we will be in touch soon with the next chapter of this.. game. Please send the code to the grimm email. the first ten prizes have all been claimed." -Grimm

Looks like however we were supposed to proceed from alice, we may already be too late....

So, pretty much the game was over before most people even had a chance to read their email.  How fun. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Super Administrators

There were people who solved it 2 weeks ago, before the email was even sent. someone posted something they found and a group of people banded together to solve it. (Thats how ARG's work) and the new clue in the email was the Blocky letters. that was not in the original and only in the email. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

There were people who solved it 2 weeks ago, before the email was even sent. someone posted something they found and a group of people banded together to solve it. (Thats how ARG's work) and the new clue in the email was the Blocky letters. that was not in the original and only in the email. 

So you emailed a bunch of people a puzzle that had already been solved? Why? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We've been keeping ourselves busy by baking...

1825477049_DSCN42011.thumb.JPG.31d763e05964650ab5561872ef55c3cc.JPG

848933632_DSCN44181.thumb.JPG.5455646e4963cc71018c2361bbb47bf2.JPG

That cake looks delicious. Tell me more about it please. Is it just vanilla frosting between the layers?

And the cats are clearing engaging in dialogue.

"You go through the portal first."

"Wait, me?? Why me?!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Inarah said:

So, pretty much the game was over before most people even had a chance to read their email.  How fun. 

Social media puzzles, oh joy. I won't be entering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Super Administrators

There were pieces of it that were not solved, big pieces and the main point of it. Hence the email, it is called a trail head, to start a ARG. you don't have to participate, the next clues will be less discrete and for those that want to participate. it will tie into stuff that i can't talk about, and why there is even a ARG in the first place. ARG's work and are meant for the community, the big announcements they are tied to will still happen regardless of if anyone plays the game behind the scenes. it's meant to get people involved and be apart of it instead of just seeing an announcement and info. It's not for everyone, and thats okay, all the info will be put out there eventually. :) 
A lot of people are excited, i've received 100's of emails this morning about it and how they can't wait for chapter 2. 

10 minutes ago, haldir said:

Social media puzzles, oh joy. I won't be entering.

Non of it was on social media. All the clues are hidden across various pages. Non on social media. 

• Like 8

Sweeet!! I won 2.9 million from PCH!! At least that is what a email in my spam folder told me.........:lol:

Obviously, it's false but yah, I never win anything so that was the first clue!!

Monday night D&D game went well, we ended up having 6 people vs the 5 I thought the game was capped at. It was all good, we had the room to accommodate the player. What was really nice is 3 out of those 6 people were players I haven't seen since we did the whole shut down the state thing back in March/April this year. So always good to catch up with them. One of those players was the teenager I've been trying to get into my Saturday home game. Nice to talk to him face to face for once vs text messages.

As far as the game, tbh, I think it should have been made for 5th level characters as the PCs tore through the encounters pretty quickly. The Vampire spawn room (5 of them) was dealt with pretty quickly due to 8th level cleric using Turn Undead to get rid of 3 of them & a paladin with a Mace of Disruption. Also involved was a rogue/fighter. The party did tend to split up a bit while exploring the village which was kinda of annoying as I had to focus on 2 groups but again it was fun night.

The end bosses were taken care of by the rest of the party that didn't go into the vamp spawn warehouse. Again a wraith & wight with a special skull were really no match for 3 8th level (2 barbarians & fighter). Then again, the final battle was ran quickly due to we were running short on time as the store has a strict out before 10 pm time limit now due to COVID restrictions in place.

Hoping, my home Halloween game goes as good as Monday. This is all about PC possession, past sins between a loving husband & his wife & a trip to the 4th plane of Hell!!! :devil:

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Nov. 5th*
and just so happens to be at the same time as reaper live, but Grimm told me that it is something else.. :)

Aww...  

Then I'm definitely not showing up online. 

The 5th is a thursday, 6pm in Texas is midnight here, and I have to get up at 5:45am the next morning... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

36 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

There were pieces of it that were not solved, big pieces and the main point of it. Hence the email, it is called a trail head, to start a ARG. you don't have to participate, the next clues will be less discrete and for those that want to participate. it will tie into stuff that i can't talk about, and why there is even a ARG in the first place. ARG's work and are meant for the community, the big announcements they are tied to will still happen regardless of if anyone plays the game behind the scenes. it's meant to get people involved and be apart of it instead of just seeing an announcement and info. It's not for everyone, and thats okay, all the info will be put out there eventually. :) 
A lot of people are excited, i've received 100's of emails this morning about it and how they can't wait for chapter 2. 

Non of it was on social media. All the clues are hidden across various pages. Non on social media. 

Well if it was on here, I completely missed it & I'm on here every day & for long periods of time as well. No worries, I generally don't do the games on sites anyways. Well, I take that part back I did do mini market's Gen Con thing, for a chance at a big gift code & for my troubles I ended up getting a 5 dollar off coupon code.

I did find the email from Reaper. It was buried amongst the "junk mail" section of my Gmail. 

(for those playing & need the letter, mine is a M & it's the 1st place position)

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Well I think it's kind of neat, even if I never have the time to solve it quickly enough to turn the solution in for whatever the prize is. Just being able to solve it at my own pace is kind of fun. Keep it up!

• Like 8