Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

18 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Enh.  To create (music, art, etc) is to worship the Creator.  I have strong opinions on this.

I strongly agree with this.

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Rain, rain, don’t go away!

Pour and drizzle, stay, stay, stay. 

(It has been raining all night with infrequent rumbles of distant thunder. I like it.)

A kindred spirit!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Coffee...

With Kwarktaart!

Had to use a pic from the internet because it was gone before I remembered to take a pic.

image.png.c478d061375044e03343a6b1a8f971a4.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

For metal, you'll definitely need a primer. 

Reaper's brush-on works just fine for me; dunno what you've got handy to you.

Pretty much what I thought.  The 10-day looks pretty good if I order today or tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I'd give them a good soak and scrub in a mild acid, such as lemon juice, followed by a Simple Green bath then paint as usual. What Silverthorne said about primer is good advice.

GEM

Addendum:  The acid bath helps to deal with any surface oxidation or oils adhering to the metal surface.

No Simple Green, but a bath will definitely be in order.  The office has a nice grease-cutter in the kitchen that's been used on other minis.  I hadn't heard about using lemon juice before (or, if I have, it didn't stick in my brain): how long do you leave it in the bath?  Or is it just a scrub?

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Although a primer is usually the way to go, for just one mini?

Use the liner.

I used a Grey Liner here on a metal mini and it worked for me.

First page, scroll down a bit.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/

It's for the Nativity: Holy Family, Three Wiseguys....Wise Men, Manger, Shepherd and Flock. 

No, I don't know why I'm capitalizing like that.

Anyway...Sounds like a bottle of primer is the way to go (I've got other metals and a couple resins waiting in the wings, just not sure when I'll get the gumption to get to them).  I'll just have to get an order together soon.  

• Like 7

So, this is in fact NOT spam?

Cause frankly if I hadn't read about it in this thread it would have been deleted and listed as such immediately.

image.png.056af52b1355b861306e902cdace4416.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Look at Mr. Grimm in the Reaper Store. Not sure what to do with that either... it gives us the birthday but doesn't say where to enter it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As for the trasimission for grim; it's a scavenger hunt through the catalog.  If you search Birthday in the store, you will get sent to Alice and White Rabbit.  If you look at the tags under that fig, you will see a message and follow on instructions.  

End result is that something will occur on November 6th at 6:00.  I'm assuming it's the 100th* episode of Reaper Live.

*as they have been on 99.x for a bit now

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

End result is that something will occur on November 6th at 6:00.  I'm assuming it's the 100th* episode of Reaper Live.

Nov. 5th*
and just so happens to be at the same time as reaper live, but Grimm told me that it is something else.. :)

• Like 11

Just now, Reaper_Jon said:

Nov. 5th*
and just so happens to be at the same time as reaper live, but Grimm told me that it is something else.. :)

Oops, rather important typo.  Thanks for the catch Jon.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, osugambit said:

I found this on the reaper miniatures wikipedia:

"Congratulations, you've made it to the end of chapter 1, we will be in touch soon with the next chapter of this.. game. Please send the code to the grimm email. the first ten prizes have all been claimed." -Grimm

Looks like however we were supposed to proceed from alice, we may already be too late....

So, pretty much the game was over before most people even had a chance to read their email.  How fun. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

There were people who solved it 2 weeks ago, before the email was even sent. someone posted something they found and a group of people banded together to solve it. (Thats how ARG's work) and the new clue in the email was the Blocky letters. that was not in the original and only in the email. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1