Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

There were people who solved it 2 weeks ago, before the email was even sent. someone posted something they found and a group of people banded together to solve it. (Thats how ARG's work) and the new clue in the email was the Blocky letters. that was not in the original and only in the email. 

So you emailed a bunch of people a puzzle that had already been solved? Why? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We've been keeping ourselves busy by baking...

1825477049_DSCN42011.thumb.JPG.31d763e05964650ab5561872ef55c3cc.JPG

848933632_DSCN44181.thumb.JPG.5455646e4963cc71018c2361bbb47bf2.JPG

That cake looks delicious. Tell me more about it please. Is it just vanilla frosting between the layers?

And the cats are clearing engaging in dialogue.

"You go through the portal first."

"Wait, me?? Why me?!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Inarah said:

So, pretty much the game was over before most people even had a chance to read their email.  How fun. 

Social media puzzles, oh joy. I won't be entering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There were pieces of it that were not solved, big pieces and the main point of it. Hence the email, it is called a trail head, to start a ARG. you don't have to participate, the next clues will be less discrete and for those that want to participate. it will tie into stuff that i can't talk about, and why there is even a ARG in the first place. ARG's work and are meant for the community, the big announcements they are tied to will still happen regardless of if anyone plays the game behind the scenes. it's meant to get people involved and be apart of it instead of just seeing an announcement and info. It's not for everyone, and thats okay, all the info will be put out there eventually. :) 
A lot of people are excited, i've received 100's of emails this morning about it and how they can't wait for chapter 2. 

10 minutes ago, haldir said:

Social media puzzles, oh joy. I won't be entering.

Non of it was on social media. All the clues are hidden across various pages. Non on social media. 

• Like 8

Sweeet!! I won 2.9 million from PCH!! At least that is what a email in my spam folder told me.........:lol:

Obviously, it's false but yah, I never win anything so that was the first clue!!

Monday night D&D game went well, we ended up having 6 people vs the 5 I thought the game was capped at. It was all good, we had the room to accommodate the player. What was really nice is 3 out of those 6 people were players I haven't seen since we did the whole shut down the state thing back in March/April this year. So always good to catch up with them. One of those players was the teenager I've been trying to get into my Saturday home game. Nice to talk to him face to face for once vs text messages.

As far as the game, tbh, I think it should have been made for 5th level characters as the PCs tore through the encounters pretty quickly. The Vampire spawn room (5 of them) was dealt with pretty quickly due to 8th level cleric using Turn Undead to get rid of 3 of them & a paladin with a Mace of Disruption. Also involved was a rogue/fighter. The party did tend to split up a bit while exploring the village which was kinda of annoying as I had to focus on 2 groups but again it was fun night.

The end bosses were taken care of by the rest of the party that didn't go into the vamp spawn warehouse. Again a wraith & wight with a special skull were really no match for 3 8th level (2 barbarians & fighter). Then again, the final battle was ran quickly due to we were running short on time as the store has a strict out before 10 pm time limit now due to COVID restrictions in place.

Hoping, my home Halloween game goes as good as Monday. This is all about PC possession, past sins between a loving husband & his wife & a trip to the 4th plane of Hell!!! :devil:

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Nov. 5th*
and just so happens to be at the same time as reaper live, but Grimm told me that it is something else.. :)

Aww...  

Then I'm definitely not showing up online. 

The 5th is a thursday, 6pm in Texas is midnight here, and I have to get up at 5:45am the next morning... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

36 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

There were pieces of it that were not solved, big pieces and the main point of it. Hence the email, it is called a trail head, to start a ARG. you don't have to participate, the next clues will be less discrete and for those that want to participate. it will tie into stuff that i can't talk about, and why there is even a ARG in the first place. ARG's work and are meant for the community, the big announcements they are tied to will still happen regardless of if anyone plays the game behind the scenes. it's meant to get people involved and be apart of it instead of just seeing an announcement and info. It's not for everyone, and thats okay, all the info will be put out there eventually. :) 
A lot of people are excited, i've received 100's of emails this morning about it and how they can't wait for chapter 2. 

Non of it was on social media. All the clues are hidden across various pages. Non on social media. 

Well if it was on here, I completely missed it & I'm on here every day & for long periods of time as well. No worries, I generally don't do the games on sites anyways. Well, I take that part back I did do mini market's Gen Con thing, for a chance at a big gift code & for my troubles I ended up getting a 5 dollar off coupon code.

I did find the email from Reaper. It was buried amongst the "junk mail" section of my Gmail. 

(for those playing & need the letter, mine is a M & it's the 1st place position)

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Well I think it's kind of neat, even if I never have the time to solve it quickly enough to turn the solution in for whatever the prize is. Just being able to solve it at my own pace is kind of fun. Keep it up!

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

That cake looks delicious. Tell me more about it please. Is it just vanilla frosting between the layers?

And the cats are clearing engaging in dialogue.

"You go through the portal first."

"Wait, me?? Why me?!"

The cake is my housemates favourite chocolate cake recipe. Enjoy!

225g self raising flour

30g high quality cocoa

100g unsalted butter

200g condensed milk

100g best quality dark chocolate

2eggs, beaten

preheat the oven to 180°c and line 2 cake tins. Sieve the flour, cocoa and a pinch of salt into a large bowl and set aside. Put the sugar, butter, condensed milk and 100 ml of just boiled water into a saucepan and heat it until melted and smooth. Wait until it's cooled down a wee bit and then slowly add the dry mix and then finally, the eggs. Pour into the two tins and cook for 25+ minutes(depends on your oven) Don't use the skewer trick as the cake is almost brownie textue, but the top of it will be firm when it's done

for the ganache

250 g best quality chocolate. We use a mix of dark and milk and we added some whipped creamto give it a bit of body.

For the filling. 

It's basically buttercream. 200g soft butter and as much icing sugar that you need to make it nice and sweet :)I

For once Loki didn't get any because we locked him upstairs :lol:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I need a machine that goes “ping”. Hard to tell if I’m alive or not. 

Maybe an Imposter got me and I haven’t stopped twitching yet. 

Shed shows up Monday tho. Have to be alive for that. Cost me a $35 permit fee to find out that I don’t need a permit for that small if a shed. Do have an 8’ easement at the back fence that I was unaware of. Guess there’s that. 

Need to paint more figures. Space may be infinite but it is anything but in the basement. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

For once Loki didn't get any because we locked him upstairs :lol:

Once again, I am impressed by the restraint that your cats show. We accidentally locked one of our cats in a bathroom for a half hour one time. By the time I realized what we had done he had torn a small mirror off the back of the door, knocked all my toiletries into the sink, turned the water on (in the sink full of toiletries), shredded a roll of TP, pooped on the rug, and then somehow managed to wedge that rug under the washing machine. If I had done that on purpose I can only imagine the horrible retribution I would have faced. I feel like one of us doesn't actually have cats. Either I have feral little devils masquerading as cats, or you have angelic beings doing the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

53 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

I guess I just don't get it. I'll just look for announcements. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I guess I just don't get it. I'll just look for announcements. 

I'm probably in the same group. Looking forward to the announcements here.

• Like 4