Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

33 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
52 minutes ago, Crowley said:

COFFEE!!

WAFFLES!!

CORN PUDDING!!

CHEESECAKE BITES!!

DIABETES!

The corn pudding is a savory dish, not a sweet one.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

The corn pudding is a savory dish, not a sweet one.

Not wanting to be a know-it-all but savioury dishes can also contribute to diabetes, not just sweets..

• Like 11

Lawn mowed, chipmunks enraged by that fact.

They were chirping up a storm at me when I finished.:lol:

• Haha 14

I got started painting with scale battleship models. When i found out Battletech had minis I got a few and got some craft paint brushes that were better than the Testors brushes I had. One of these brushes (Pro Art round 0) I used quite a bit until I got some of the Reaper Kolinsky Sables. That round 0 was still used on nearly every model I painted as a paint mixer, base coater, and drybrusher. Over the years I got paint in the ferrul that seems to have kept the bristles angled so it kept a decent point, despite the large amount of drybrushing I used it for. Being a synthetic brush the tip had curled, but that made it easier to get in some spots.

Yesterday, while trying to get some static grass on a mini, some grass got where I didn't want it to be. So I grabbed my crappy brush to push it away. And promptly got super glue in the bristles. I though the glue had dried. A moment of silence please, for a cheap crappy brush that has done a large amount of work on the majority of the models I have painted for the last 20 years. I'm not sure how I'm going to replace it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 15

Today I'm breaking down a turkey half-carcass. I have its chest and spine and will turn that into breasts and wings and stock.

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

. A moment of silence please, for a cheap crappy brush that has done a large amount of work on the majority of the models I have painted for the last 20 years. I'm not sure how I'm going to replace it.

Condolences on the loss of a good  brush. Sounds like it served well. 

I get a lot of mileage out of the Hobby Lobby brand Master's Touch.  With frequent coupons they end up being about $5. 

5 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Today I'm breaking down a turkey half-carcass. I have its chest and spine and will turn that into breasts and wings and stock.

Sounds delicious.  I love a nice turkey sandwich with lots of mayo.

Pork roast here, with spinach and sweet potatoes. 

• Like 9

Just now, Inarah said:

Condolences on the loss of a good  brush. Sounds like it served well. 

I get a lot of mileage out of the Hobby Lobby brand Master's Touch.  With frequent coupons they end up being about $5. 

i use Master's Touch too. i'm rough on brushes, and it's just not worth the price for really nice miniature painting brushes that i then ruin.

i dont even know what i do. maybe i paint with too much pressure, but after a little bit of use my tiny brushes usually develop a curve / hook end

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i use Master's Touch too. i'm rough on brushes, and it's just not worth the price for really nice miniature painting brushes that i then ruin.

i dont even know what i do. maybe i paint with too much pressure, but after a little bit of use my tiny brushes usually develop a curve / hook end

Sounds like you are using synthetics.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Humansquish said:

I got started painting with scale battleship models. When i found out Battletech had minis I got a few and got some craft paint brushes that were better than the Testors brushes I had. One of these brushes (Pro Art round 0) I used quite a bit until I got some of the Reaper Kolinsky Sables. That round 0 was still used on nearly every model I painted as a paint mixer, base coater, and drybrusher. Over the years I got paint in the ferrul that seems to have kept the bristles angled so it kept a decent point, despite the large amount of drybrushing I used it for. Being a synthetic brush the tip had curled, but that made it easier to get in some spots.

Yesterday, while trying to get some static grass on a mini, some grass got where I didn't want it to be. So I grabbed my crappy brush to push it away. And promptly got super glue in the bristles. I though the glue had dried. A moment of silence please, for a cheap crappy brush that has done a large amount of work on the majority of the models I have painted for the last 20 years. I'm not sure how I'm going to replace it.

Sounds like it's time to build a shrine to the brush.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

38B03D3B-B4BB-44A9-980F-BABA92BA2E1F.thumb.jpeg.c133a4be264d45ce980b269ff541f08c.jpeg

It was a nice day...I unpacked the melting pots and worked on my Romano-British/Dux Bellorum/Rosemary Sutcliff project for a while, and coached my brother a bit.  Unfortunately, I ran out of impetus before trying out the vintage Buck Rogers molds...

• Like 15

Breaking in the new smoker.  Burn in was successful and the ribs have about an hour to go.  Food, then DnD with a new stout to try.  Great end to a surprisingly chill weekend.

• Like 16

Did a bit of painting on my gloom stalker and burrowing behemoth. Curry for dinner, then D&D!

• Like 12

Trying my first dragon print.  Much sleeping and another good round of 5e with my group.  

A Sonoran version of carnitas in burritos tonight then old school end!

The only sad part is Monday looms ever closer...

6 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

My baby can escape her crib ::o:

Velcro sheets could be the answer...

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Velcro sheets could be the answer...

If I’m gonna go that route I may as well Velcro her to the wall :lol:

• Haha 13