Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

33 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Just came back from a 2nd job interview (reliability maintenance engineer for a paper mill).

Stressful as always. Always second guessing my answers, thinking I don't have enough of the qualifications they really want, regardless of the other qualified skills.

But simply reaching the second interview stage is a plus.

Hope you'll get the job!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

No art here today; looks like old Minifig orcs and some Prince August home cast figures from earlier this summer, also orcs, gobllins etc.  Guess this will be my Orctober entry...Anyway, they are all simple figures without a lot of extra detail, so I hope to work up some inspiration by getting a few of them knocked out quickly.

CD5601C1-F497-47C7-AB67-89277ADE3D14.jpeg.cad7604a4d0db7553332f51af6a7f838.jpeg

Half a dozen tabletop fellows cranked out ... probably a few more after a nap, and can finish the basic base treatment on these and post a show-off topic.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

But simply reaching the second interview stage is a plus.

Second interviews are gnerally a good thing.

Best of luck to you!

What little snow we got this morning is gone. The sun is trying to come out.

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Crowley said:

Pizza is on it's way. Star Trek is queued up. Beer is chilled.

Engage!

I just tried to order in a Pizza. Tried both the places I knew of...

...checked the website even. All kinds of Nope. 

“...Sorry we do not deliver to that address...”

No one delivers Pizza here anymore:blues:

• Sad 13

1 hour ago, TripleH said:

123166543_10224697960695361_3281772340693067956_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=gYqHz9zsNa8AX82gXM6&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=4875fa3270ea36528ef0bb0efe311503&oe=5FC33867

That's easy.  All of them.  They all have at least one Finnish sniper.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

We re having pot roast instead of pizza, on game night.

Surely the end is nigh.

Also, fighting zombie bears in waist deep cold swamp water was not fun.... They didn't hit often, but when they did hit, it hurt. Plus, disease. We were taking non-lethal cold damage from the swamp, and lethal damage from the undead ursines.

The Auld Grump

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TripleH said:

123166543_10224697960695361_3281772340693067956_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=gYqHz9zsNa8AX82gXM6&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=4875fa3270ea36528ef0bb0efe311503&oe=5FC33867

Reminds me of this one I found back at the beginning of the year.

When the trees in the hollow start whistlin' "Country Roads" somebody might just have a bad day.

Appalachian-Guerillas.jpg

• Like 12

All week, the high temps have been in the mid-50's, with the lows around 46 or so...

Today, the HIGH temp was 46, and it dropped as the day went on. It's about 31 degrees out right now.

It snowed most of the afternoon. Only a tiny bit of it stuck, but it was big white fluffy flakes all day.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

I think this phrase wins the forums for tonight.

We kinda got mauled.

Then we encountered who I think we were supposed to assume was the big bad - but she was way too defensive, telling us to stay back, or she would unleash her montsers on us.

Considering that whoever (if anyone) sent the bears already - I think she would just have unleashed her monster anyway, if she was the one behind the zombies.

Also, two of us have had a constant feeling that someone, or something, was watching us - and that feeling did not go away. (My Detect Evil is not happy about this swamp. Not. At. All.)

So, my character did what my character does, and told the others to hold my weapons, while I went to talk to her.

I won't say that she is a nice person - but she has been fighting a losing battle against what she claims is the swamp itself.

That it is alive, and not friendly. (That explains my Detect Evil constantly pinging.)

So, again, doing what my character does, and struck a bargain - a temporary alliance, at least.

In return, she will show us the way to a half submerged ruin.

Great, back to being waist deep in cold swamp water. But this time we will have Resist Element (Cold) going - so we won't be taking damage just for being there.

Also, pretty sure she has some big undead thing with her, but was trying to keep it hidden. (Duncan failed his Perception test by one freaking point... enough to be sure that there is something there, but not what, or exactly where. Once we are outside again, the rest of us can try.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

All week, the high temps have been in the mid-50's, with the lows around 46 or so...

Today, the HIGH temp was 46, and it dropped as the day went on. It's about 31 degrees out right now.

It snowed most of the afternoon. Only a tiny bit of it stuck, but it was big white fluffy flakes all day.

Oddly we were really cold last weekend, which prompted us to bring the bunny inside but for the most the entire week has been really mild, like 60s. I think even one day may have reached 71. We've let the bunny out in the day & she comes in at night now. Funny thing too, is she'll scratch at the door, you open it up & she's like "wha?" & kinda stares outside. You close it & she wants it open...sigh. ^_^

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, haldir said:

Funny thing too, is she'll scratch at the door, you open it up & she's like "wha?" & kinda stares outside. You close it & she wants it open...sigh.

Are you sure that's a bunny and not a cat???

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Are you sure that's a bunny and not a cat???

There is some days we kinda wonder about that one.

I just remembered when I was opening the door for her, she had to help & put her head on the door & helped slide it open.

• Haha 10