Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

We are making homemade pizza for dinner. Pepperoni, bacon, cream cheese, olives, spinach, mozzarella, peppers, and bananas! Yum! 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

If I’m gonna go that route I may as well Velcro her to the wall :lol:

It's a thing:

Child Wearing Velcro Suit Is Suspended Against Sticky Wall ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

My face is weird.

The story: Since last March, or the beginning of the pandemic lock downs in Canada-US, job interviews came to a standstill. So if I'm to wait for God knows how long, might as well let my beard grow out.

Three months later, my beard has never been thicker. Never quite got fully used to it, it's a bit unmanageable, and far whiter than my hair. For fun, sometimes I comb it outwards to make it puff out. By now I also need a hair trim. I have a hair clipper, since the weather is getting hotter and hotter, I'll trim them shorter than my usual half inch length. Can't find the 3/8" attachment, so I'll use the 1/4" attachment. That's really short for my head, but not the first time I've done it. Though it's the first time I've done it with such a thick beard.

Now that I look at myself back in the mirror, I find that my face looks far meaner. I looked like a cross between an older heel professional wrestler, or the angry boss of corporate muscle in movies. More so if I comb my beard in a square shape. I just don't like it.

During the week, I got a phone call to schedule a job interview in two weeks! So the thick scary beard will need to come off. And I have enough time to shave it off and let it grow back to my regular short length. So I shave it off. I look at my face in the mirror again, and... it takes me a minute to fully recognize the man in the mirror. I've lost over 20 pounds in the last few months, and haven't been clean shaven in a longer time (been wearing a beard for the better part of 6+ years). I did wonder how different I'd look, but it's weird. Far less chin and cheeks, more visible jowls. My head looks "normal" if look at it from the side, but from the front it's takes me a moment to acknowledge that it's really me.

All day long, every time I look at myself in the mirror, there's a moment of surprise. I went from scary face to uneventfully plain.

Can't wait for the beard to grow back in again.

P.S. It's also weird seeing my hair trimmings in the bin that are still pretty dark with some white hairs next to my beard trimmings that are nearly all grey and white. Looks like they're from two different people.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9
  • Haha 11

anyone know what the thing on the back of #77441's dress is? I assume it's supposed to be some sort of a devotional item, but it kind of looks like a license plate

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Today I'm breaking down a turkey half-carcass. I have its chest and spine and will turn that into breasts and wings and stock.

It appears I'm putting this off until tomorrow.

Durn thing is still frozen :ph34r:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

My baby can escape her crib ::o:

It took her THIS long?! ::o:

We had to put a net over the top when BD was seven or eight months old, and decided she wanted to explore her monkey ancestry! ::D:

39 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

My face is weird.

The story: Since last March, or the beginning of the pandemic lock downs in Canada-US, job interviews came to a standstill. So if I'm to wait for God knows how long, might as well let my beard grow out.

Three months later, my beard has never been thicker. Never quite got fully used to it, it's a bit unmanageable, and far whiter than my hair. For fun, sometimes I comb it outwards to make it puff out. By now I also need a hair trim. I have a hair clipper, since the weather is getting hotter and hotter, I'll trim them shorter than my usual half inch length. Can't find the 3/8" attachment, so I'll use the 1/4" attachment. That's really short for my head, but not the first time I've done it. Though it's the first time I've done it with such a thick beard.

Now that I look at myself back in the mirror, I find that my face looks far meaner. I looked like a cross between an older heel professional wrestler, or the angry boss of corporate muscle in movies. More so if I comb my beard in a square shape. I just don't like it.

During the week, I got a phone call to schedule a job interview in two weeks! So the thick scary beard will need to come off. And I have enough time to shave it off and let it grow back to my regular short length. So I shave it off. I look at my face in the mirror again, and... it takes me a minute to fully recognize the man in the mirror. I've lost over 20 pounds in the last few months, and haven't been clean shaven in a longer time (been wearing a beard for the better part of 6+ years). I did wonder how different I'd look, but it's weird. Far less chin and cheeks, more visible jowls. My head looks "normal" if look at it from the side, but from the front it's takes me a moment to acknowledge that it's really me.

All day long, every time I look at myself in the mirror, there's a moment of surprise. I went from scary face to uneventfully plain.

P.S. It's also weird seeing my hair trimming in the bin that are still pretty dark with some white hairs next to my beard trimming that are nearly all grey and white. Looks like they're from two different people.

I asked Grump to grow a beard.

He needs a frock coat, a broad brimmed hat, and a Bible.  ::o:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

My face is weird.

P.S. It's also weird seeing my hair trimming in the bin that are still pretty dark with some white hairs next to my beard trimming that are nearly all grey and white. Looks like they're from two different people.

Clairol Shimmer Lights will make your beard a lot softer and more manageable, as in comb/brush friendly.

It's designed to even out the grey so it doesn't have a real frazzled look.

GEM

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

anyone know what the thing on the back of #77441's dress is? I assume it's supposed to be some sort of a devotional item, but it kind of looks like a license plate

Ostarzha?  Fanny pack/butt bag/waist pouch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Ostarzha?  Fanny pack/butt bag/waist pouch. 

ah, it looked strangely flat for that

• Like 7

1 hour ago, haldir said:

102464754_10158700272180763_498295603396

But... that’s not where jet fuel

goes?! Unless it’s an invisible SUV?

Nothing sporty. The filler is too high. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Inarah said:
9 hours ago, Humansquish said:

. A moment of silence please, for a cheap crappy brush that has done a large amount of work on the majority of the models I have painted for the last 20 years. I'm not sure how I'm going to replace it.

Condolences on the loss of a good  brush. Sounds like it served well. 

Same here. Several months ago I made a trip to Michaels...

600096674_IMG_47712.thumb.JPG.23215d352764c6936752fdaea0c0a9a5.JPG

They had big markdowns in the brushes aisle that day. All the ones with plastic tubes on them came home with me that day. They were in packages of 6 to 8 brushes per pack, and the mark downs made each pack below $5 each. I filled the container with inexpensive brushes for maybe $18 bucks. A bunch of flats at various sizes were included also. I now have an Army of Inexpensive but better than "crappy" brushes. Y (Michaels) MV. 

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

But... that’s not where jet fuel

goes?! Unless it’s an invisible SUV?

Nothing sporty. The filler is too high. 

Not to mention that if it were a plane, most of them load from the top.  Well, anything that doesn't use pressurized refueling, anyways. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

It took her THIS long?! ::o:

We had to put a net over the top when BD was seven or eight months old, and decided she wanted to explore her monkey ancestry! ::D:

We’ve been really inconsistent about making her sleep in her crib. Part of it was because while we where living in my MIL’s attic, there was no room for her crib. It was also too cold in there for her to sleep on her own. 

The other part is that I’m lazy and it’s just easier for her to sleep with us. Even though it’s annoying and she kicks us out of bed. 

I will never understand how something as small as a baby or a cat can occupy an entire queen sized bed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9