Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

We’ve been really inconsistent about making her sleep in her crib. Part of it was because while we where living in my MIL’s attic, there was no room for her crib. It was also too cold in there for her to sleep on her own. 

The other part is that I’m lazy and it’s just easier for her to sleep with us. Even though it’s annoying and she kicks us out of bed. 

I will never understand how something as small as a baby or a cat can occupy an entire queen sized bed.

Be careful. We're still sleeping with our daughter and she's nearly 3. I really wish I could have convinced my wife to keep her out of out bed like she did with the boys. A quick visit is fine but nearly 2 years of my butt hanging in the air because the "baby" takes up 2/3 of a queen bed is getting old.

22 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

My horse Erwin died this morning from what we guess was a heart attack.  I shall miss him

Is there a Heaven for horses?
Some were the greatest of friends

and if there's a heaven for horses

Can I go there when this world ends

fields of tall, waving, grasses
Miles of valley to run

cool springs in the shade

and meadows to lay in the sun

Oh I pray there's a Heaven for horses

some are the dearest of friends

and if there's a heaven for horses

let me go there when this world ends

I have one old useless horse left and he'll be here until he dies. I intensely miss have good horses and the time I spent with them when I was younger. Nothing better than a good horse and a good dog. But it takes so much time to care for them and train them proper that we use pickups with the cattle instead. That's a far from perfect solution because this is rough country similar to the foothills in Alberta but we get by. Life goes on and we mourn what we've lost.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, haldir said:

The metal version comes with a 3 weapon sprue. This is where the Boneyard would come in handy if it was still around! Oddly she is one of my go to pregen cleric minis.

I had thought she was a civilian when I stated painting due to the lack of any weapon

• Like 9

RTB Pro Tips! Weathered skin tones on Juliana the Herbalist! started at 11:42 AM.  That's #44017.  Tech issues delayed the start.  She's on closeup cam now.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

ETA: Sub goal achieved today.  Current plan is to have a Purple giveaway and AMA on Friday.  The giveaway details are not set, but they plan to include purple translucent minis and purple paints.  She mentioned several minis the other day when she brought up the idea, the Mystic Portal, Shadow Hound, and Shadow Tentacles.

There's a channel on Reaper's Discord for the AMA questions, and they said they would also take questions on the stream chat.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adept Legacy said:

Wow. This has aged poorly already. I was referring to the outrage about some game studios at the time.

I made it past 200 minis painted this year.

Yes, over 200. That's more than one per day on average right?

Been trying to decide if I need to give up on my streaming. I have six subscribers and one of them is me.

If you want to grow your channel, you may want to participate in the Discord and link your channel there.  There a separate section for streamers.  I'm not on Discord often but those who are seem to be pretty supportive of fellow Reaper fan's streams.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Downpour has started here again. The weeds are looking much greener.

It hasn't been real heavy here in the south, just a nice steady rain from time to time. We needed it. Means I'm hanging around the house for another day. I've come to the conclusion that I need to buy things to keep me painting things. I stalled over the winter but now that I know I'm getting a 3D printer this fall I'm putting some time in on the minis. Not used to sitting in that position for long so my back's starting to nag a bit. I've gotten in about 2 hours a day for 3 days in a row! :blink: Not sure when the last time I did that much was. 2 years ago I was a hobbying maniac with almost ever spare minute spent doing something. Story of my life for work and play, go like crazy for awhile, then stall out and then go like crazy again. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Zink said:

It hasn't been real heavy here in the south, just a nice steady rain from time to time. We needed it. Means I'm hanging around the house for another day. I've come to the conclusion that I need to buy things to keep me painting things. I stalled over the winter but now that I know I'm getting a 3D printer this fall I'm putting some time in on the minis. Not used to sitting in that position for long so my back's starting to nag a bit. I've gotten in about 2 hours a day for 3 days in a row! :blink: Not sure when the last time I did that much was. 2 years ago I was a hobbying maniac with almost ever spare minute spent doing something. Story of my life for work and play, go like crazy for awhile, then stall out and then go like crazy again. 

We started off with decent rain this spring, but it's been a bit dry lately. The winds over the last couple of weeks certainly didn't help, so the heavy rain has been much needed. The ground is already soaking it up, should definitely help the crops.

• Like 9

I've hauled 100 bricks out of the house today; the  brick-and-board shelving is dismantled*. RIP. You were good shelves, and I enjoyed staining the wood and all and pretending to be a builder, but you were just too bulky.

So making progress, (very) slowly but surely. Also, my back hurts lol.

*This actually leaves 60 bricks I'd previously removed from the brick-and-board columns, plus a few extras, that are sitting in three neat stacks and still need to be carried out, but they'll have to wait until everything else is cleared before they go. So. Much. Brick. Guess I'm gonna advertise them in local FB groups, see if I can see them. And then there's still the question of what to do with the boards...

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I've hauled 100 bricks out of the house today; the  brick-and-board shelving is dismantled*. RIP. You were good shelves, and I enjoyed staining the wood and all and pretending to be a builder, but you were just too bulky.

*This actually leaves 60 bricks I'd previously removed from the brick-and-board columns, plus a few extras, that are sitting in three neat stacks and still need to be carried out, but they'll have to wait until everything else is cleared before they go. So. Much. Brick. Guess I'm gonna advertise them in local FB groups, see if I can see them. And then there's still the question of what to do with the boards...

Why not advertise both?

Somebody looking ofr bricks to make shelves will also be looking for boards.

GEM

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

You should be able to find someone willing to take bricks off your hands. My dad only landscapes with used bricks, better if he knows where they came from (these were bookshelves or these were in the Long Beach earthquake or these were made in the brickyard near my childhood home). He's in California but I doubt he's the only dad who likes bricks with a story behind them.

• Like 10

On 6/5/2020 at 11:12 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Svenlinda has the Slumber hex - we put him to sleep, broke his chain, opened the door, and then got the Hell out of Dodge - he only stayed asleep for five rounds, one for every level Svenlinda has.  ::D: DtY's ranger was the only one going in - making noises to draw the troll inside, then staying hidden.

The enemy of my enemy is my cannon fodder...

On 6/5/2020 at 11:48 PM, Green Eyed Monster said:

If that works out the way my experience did with the old Chevy Pickup [moving aprox. 60 mph at impact] you will need to roll a 20 on Luck, a 20 on Dex, and a 20 on Stamina, plus have an inordinately hard head and your Guardian Angels working double shift in order to make it.

GEM

I flipped a car onto its roof off of a 10-ft. embankment doing 70 on the highway back in '99...

I landed on my head and neck with no seatbelt on, but I managed to walk away unharmed.

(Well, other than being two inches shorter than I used to be...)

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

The box of goodwill has arrived

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaagghhhh!!!!!!!! Not ready!!!  Not ready!!!!!

Is it just me, or do the Boxes seem to be moving really fast this time? Especially considering the current postal situation....

• Like 12

Tommy Silva you are not...

50 minutes ago, Marvin said:

...a stack of boards is just a shelf unit waiting to happen to that guy. Some pocket screws, a couple of rabbet cuts, some basic joinery and presto: solid wood shelf unit. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:
7 hours ago, Crowley said:

The box of goodwill has arrived

Is it just me, or do the Boxes seem to be moving really fast this time? Especially considering the current postal situation....

It does.

I'm also not sure where I'm gonna squeeze in all the stuff I want to add in... I was really hoping to add in more than I took out, but.... uff... Not sure that's gonna happen.

Dinner time!

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

The enemy of my enemy is my cannon fodder...

I flipped a car onto its roof off of a 10-ft. embankment doing 70 on the highway back in '99...

I landed on my head and neck with no seatbelt on, but I managed to walk away unharmed.

(Well, other than being two inches shorter than I used to be...)

I didn't have the "luxury" of being surrounded by a steel cage.

It was just me, standing off of the margin of Hwy 99 and trying to get assistance rolling for the drunk that had just rear ended my fully loaded bulk tanker [apparently at flat out full speed] and the guy who ran off the road and nailed me.

I came to in the middle of the highway, with my legs not functioning.

GEM

• Sad 16