Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

What a day,  I worked both Saturday and Sunday to be ready for increment planning starting tomorrow, and I logged on at 7:30 this morning and had back to back meetings from 8:30am until 5pm.  And tomorrow is the start of 3 days of planning,  which means 3 more days full of meetings.   I am sooo tired. 

• Sad 15

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Is it just me, or do the Boxes seem to be moving really fast this time? Especially considering the current postal situation....

I've been avoiding saying anything lest I jinx it. 

The leading edge of the tropical storm is here and temps have dropped to a pleasantly cool 85F.  Tomorrow ought to be lovely. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'm exhausted all the time recently. More mentally but definitely some physical exhaustion in there as well. Managed to make dinner tonight though. So I call that a win. 

I feel your pain, there's only so much energy to go around and it seems lately all I do is work and sleep and even that keeps me pretty worn out.

Food looked exceptional.  It looked tasty and it looks good on the plate.  I hope it tasted as good as it looked!  Even the brussle sprouts looked good and despise cabbage and all it nefarious friends ::D:

• Like 12

I'm joining the chorus of tired voices...  10-12 hour days, stress is ruining my sleep at night, I'm angry that I'm not helping out around the house and doing my share...  I get up, walk for 30 minutes and then log in at 730-800 and it's chaos until I can't see straight in the evening.  Was still answering calls at 9pm last Tuesday night.  4 more weeks...  that is my chant... 4 more weeks then I'm on leave for 7 weeks and hopefully will return to a different job as well. 

@SparrowMarie that plate looks delicious and I don't even particularly like sprouts! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Sigh....if this year had gone according to plan, I'd currently be driving somewhere around the NB/Quebec border on my to Montreal for the F1 Grand Pre this weekend.

Instead I'm home, in jammy pants, trying to focus on work...

I probably should have kept my vacation I had booked off.  I could use a few days of not being connected to work...

Ah well, on the plus side I just started printing a draft version of something that should end up in my diorama I'm planning for this year.  

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I feel your pain, there's only so much energy to go around and it seems lately all I do is work and sleep and even that keeps me pretty worn out.

Food looked exceptional.  It looked tasty and it looks good on the plate.  I hope it tasted as good as it looked!  Even the brussle sprouts looked good and despise cabbage and all it nefarious friends ::D:

Thanks! It was tasty not our favorite of the ones we've had but still pretty good. I think my favorite was the carbonara.

So I decided I'm going to try to contribute more helpful information on Instagram. I'm doing #tuesdayminitips. Only problem is I need more tips! I've got some for a few weeks but I need to scour the internet for helpful advice that I don't already have.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Sigh....if this year had gone according to plan, I'd currently be driving somewhere around the NB/Quebec border on my to Montreal for the F1 Grand Pre this weekend.

Instead I'm home, in jammy pants, trying to focus on work...

I probably should have kept my vacation I had booked off.  I could use a few days of not being connected to work...

Ah well, on the plus side I just started printing a draft version of something that should end up in my diorama I'm planning for this year.  

Thinking about around this time in '19 I was mainly just counting the months down for my "not-going to RCon this year" vacation with my wife. We went in September but I'm pretty sure I bought the Ducks football tickets this month. Sigh, allot different this year that's for sure.

Currently counting this month & half of next before I get my 2 out of 3 weeks vacation. (thanks to them calling me & pretty much cancelling last month's request)

• Like 8