Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Wait, wait, wait. Can not everybody look at a bright light and sneeze? Have I finally learned what my superpower has been my whole life?

...what does it mean when you can be looking at nothing in particular and suddenly you just sneeze..?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

When I get back to work I'm going to have to be social for 8 hours at a time every day.

How do normal people do this?

Dunno if I'm qualified to answer, but I've been cosplaying as a normal person for awhile now, so at least I can say how I manage. 

Getting some alone time is absolutely vital, even if it's only 20 minutes at a time, though the longer the better. I mean, I love MrBoot to distraction, but I'm only able to mentally relax 100% completely when I'm by myself. 

But also for me, weird as it sounds, doing social stuff more sort of helps even though it's often hard. I love how I feel the week or so after coming back from a con, it's almost like my social boundaries have been pushed out so much that for those few days I feel absolutely fearless, like I can go to the store with practically no anxiety. But over time it inevitably closes back in, so I've learned to expect that now.

I'm very concerned about when I'm able to rejoin society in 3D space again. Not only am I out of practice, but I've gotten to where even virtual social stuff is hard. <_< 

As for more practical solutions, perhaps a Do Not Disturb sign to put up outside your workspace when you need a mental/social break? I've also found escaping to the bathroom to be super helpful when it gets to be too much; I can take off my social face for a few minutes and think about something mentally relaxing (for me it tends to be orderly stuff, like sudoku or arranging colors) as a mini-recharge. 

I know your difficulties are different from mine, and none of my solutions may work, but I thought I'd share in case something helps. ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, haldir said:

#1 was Welcome to the Jungle by GnR....yah, my thoughts exactly.

Yeah... G'N"R was like the Anti-Hair-Metal band....

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, TGP said:

...what does it mean when you can be looking at nothing in particular and suddenly you just sneeze..?

I think that's just sneezing. Which I also can do. :blues:

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Yeah... G'N"R was like the Anti-Hair-Metal band....

Though Slash had enough hair for any two bands. Does anyone know if there was actually a face under there, or just a pair of lips to hold his cigarette? 

• Haha 11

9 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

It seems there has been a shift somewhere in the Firmament, an altering of the strands of Space and Time...

I seem to have, somehow, managed to actually sleep thru most of the night. This has not happened in many months, perhaps it is an omen of some kind. 

Had a dream night before last that I and some unnamed entity traveled up the slope of a giant grass covered mountain.  It was sort of like the world's tallest ski slope, in the springtime.  There were various people scattered upon the slope, milling about doing what appeared to be recreational activities you'd find in a park- having a picnic, throwing a frisbee, playing with dogs, that sort of thing.. Upon reaching the top, I was told to touch the dome of the Firmament, which I did. It felt like what one would expect a gigantic crystal dome would feel, like hard, smooth and cool to the touch.  Just as I was reaching up to place my hand upon this roof of the world, I noticed a World War 2 era bomber some distance away flying through said dome- looked like it was going in and out of phase sort of becoming ethereal or partially invisible ,maybe it was the material of the Firmament altering my perception of the aircraft. idk.  Now, somehow there were three parachutists jumping out of this airplane pulling their chutes early and gently floating down to the grassy slope of the mountainside below. So I ask the entity how is the plane flying through the dome? He tells but for some reason I can neither remember nor comprehend what he said... Thought to myself "OK this is just wyrd. I'm waking up now." 

@Lord of the Dish Pit By chance, have you seen any parachutists recently?

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Seer of the Pitt said:

By chance, have you seen any parachutists recently?

Not for a long while. The skydiving in this area tends to take place about 20-30 miles to the Northwest of where I am, East of Big Rock on Rt 30, where it's still mostly open fields. I also haven't seen as much light air traffic as usual this time of year, between the Morris airport to the South and the airport on Rt 30. A while back I thought I saw Bing Crosby fly over the house, but I was still mostly asleep at the time.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

Though Slash had enough hair for any two bands. Does anyone know if there was actually a face under there, or just a pair of lips to hold his cigarette? 

Yup. Eyes and all, lol...

(Well, okay, they're closed in that picture, but there are other pictures which clearly prove he does in fact have eyeballs.)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Haha 8

There's a face.

I've seen it.

Years [now a couple of decades ago] at the House of Blues in Hollywood.

Tribute concert for Les Paul.

All the top axe men of the time on one stage jammin' together, and joined by the legendary Les Paul for one set.

GEM

• Like 7

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Not just cow jokes. Cow memes. Cow memes that are also Dad jokes..  :rolleyes:

In honor of the new thread and also Cow Memes:

photo-caption-heyijust-met-you-and-this-is-crazy-but-moo-quickmemecom.jpeg.8a250a81c1b6384391c989ffc0894087.jpeg

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1

Psst....I posted the groups for round 9 of the Box of Goodwill. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Let me introduce you to Baby Gramps - The Muppet That Walks Like A Man. ::D:

How do I feel about Baby Gramps?

Right after that link I put on a whole play list. :lol:

• Like 4