Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yeah, I'm doing okay. Very tired, but okay. The Hamsterling is wonderful, but also exhausting. And Lucy is my oldest corgi, 14.5 years old, and she's rapidly deteriorating now. The brain cancer has reached the end stage. She's having trouble standing, she's losing her appetite, it's heartbreaking. And I know I need to make the call to the vet, but have no idea how to do it, how I'll be able to do it. Even thinking about it has me choking up.

In other news, @7Ninjasinatrenchcoat has tested positive for Covid. His fever has broken, and is on the mend. He asked me to share the news.

Coffee!!

Blessed be. ::(:

I am so very sad reading about Lucy, I was hoping against hope that you would have longer.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Crowley so sorry to hear about Lucy going downhill.  I hope she is as comfortable as you can make her.

Sorry to disappear this week i took Monday afternoon off to help a friend with something and still wound up working 56 hours between Tuesday and Friday.  This would be much less painful if I got paid for the extra work!

I hope everyone in the US has a good holiday week.  I still don't know if my brother and family is desending on us for Thanksgiving but I will hopefully find out tomorrow.

Cheers everyone!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Usually anything electronic gets dubbed "techno", despite that being a very, VERY specific genre of music >.>  House music?  Techno.  Breaks? Techno that's freaking out. Drum n Bass? Fast Techno.  Gabber/Hardstyle?  Broken/noisy techno.  Like... C'mon.  Silly people.

As for Daft Punk being labelled "disco", some of their newer stuff is reputed to be heavily inspired by the disco era, so that may be where it comes from.

So, I have a few Daft Punk albums and they go like this: Discovery, Homework, Random Access Memories > Electronica, TRON: Legacy > Television (um, what?), Alive 2007 [live] > Disco.

I am now further confused. :blink:

I think I'm going to start looking at the tags on my whole collection. This may take a few weeks...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

So, I have a few Daft Punk albums and they go like this: Discovery, Homework, Random Access Memories > Electronica, TRON: Legacy > Television (um, what?), Alive 2007 [live] > Disco.

I am now further confused. :blink:

I think I'm going to start looking at the tags on my whole collection. This may take a few weeks...

Okay, yeah, that's... Odd, to say the least.  I could see Tron:Legacy being classified as movie soundtrack, but television.... That's news to me. 

Also, that album was entirely made on the synth I want to get my paws on. Sure hope Bruce at Modcan recovers, guy's been having a long battle with cancer if I remember correctly, and his modular synths are... Well loved, to say the least.  I don't want one as big as theirs, but even just a three row cabinet would be epic to have.  Daft Punk has probably the largest Modcan A setup, while Deadmau5 has the largest Modcan B setup if I remember correctly. 

What's the difference between A and B?  A has black panels, B has creamy white panels. Oh, and A uses banana jacks, while B uses 1/4" TS cables. There's a height and width difference too, but still. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I don't recall if I mentioned it, but as part of the change, I also got my own office!! It's essentially a glorified cubicle (permanently built walls rather than flimsy ones), but having my own space is soooooo nice. The best part is I don't have to wear my mask for 9 hours straight, and I get to listen to my own music! :bday: Even though I'm still a temp worker, I'm feeling like these are all good signs that they like me enough to find a way to keep me as an actual employee. Fingers crossed!

I agree; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Okay, yeah, that's... Odd, to say the least.  I could see Tron:Legacy being classified as movie soundtrack, but television.... That's news to me. 

Also, that album was entirely made on the synth I want to get my paws on. Sure hope Bruce at Modcan recovers, guy's been having a long battle with cancer if I remember correctly, and his modular synths are... Well loved, to say the least.  I don't want one as big as theirs, but even just a three row cabinet would be epic to have.  Daft Punk has probably the largest Modcan A setup, while Deadmau5 has the largest Modcan B setup if I remember correctly. 

What's the difference between A and B?  A has black panels, B has creamy white panels. Oh, and A uses banana jacks, while B uses 1/4" TS cables. There's a height and width difference too, but still. 

It's a good soundtrack but isn't really what I would call "easy listening." It really watches the movie, giving the scenes the right emotional tones, but when I'm just listening to it byu itself (as I am right now) it just sounds like a bog-standard Major Motion Picture Soundtrack, if that makes sense.

I'm also confused as to why it's just listed as "Television." Usually stuff like this is either Soundtrack or Television & Film, but it's just TV. I don't know, man...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We got CLOBBERED in Grump's game last night.

This giant armored undead THING attacked the police barracks.

That elfhole sargeant that slammed me into a wall is dead, not sure but I think he and a corporal, also dead, were the main targets, and both were dirty.

It took magic to take it down, and I couldn't use lightning bolt inside of our own freaking barracks.

Three cops dead, two dirty, the third the old desk sargeant that was pretty good.

I used a scroll to bring him back, since I got to him fast, but I only had the one scroll.

Jon was in negatives, Julie was in negatives, and Jen's paladin lit it up.

Breath of Life is the freaking BOMB!  I need to replace that scroll.

Also, I got to Tumble past the monster to cast on Sarge, so Grump gave me a hero die.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, ManvsMini said:

Btw this lead me to another video where they show that song being sung in 25 different languages (mashed all together, a couple lines from each Disney translation), which was enough to spark curiosity and lead me down the rabbit hole of listening to the song in 7 different languages (so far). Thus far, my favorite has been in Romanian.

Look what you caused, you monster...

<cue rubbing of hands and evil cackling>

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

That elfhole sargeant that slammed me into a wall is dead, not sure but I think he and a corporal, also dead, were the main targets, and both were dirty.

It took magic to take it down, and I couldn't use lightning bolt inside of our own freaking barracks.

Three cops dead, two dirty, the third the old desk sargeant that was pretty good.

I used a scroll to bring him back, since I got to him fast, but I only had the one scroll.

Also, I got to Tumble past the monster to cast on Sarge, so Grump gave me a hero die.

Hey, be grateful!

I made the after school groups wait three months after dropping that on them! :devil:

The Auld Grump

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

glad you got to the old sarge. it was his last day on the job before retirement....

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I have a long week ahead. Virtual Thanksgiving with my mom Wednesday and virtual Thanksgiving with in-laws on Thursday. Despite not seeing anyone the two of us have ended up with enough food for at least 4 and are going to have a meal to match.

Decided to start a new tradition of fancy meat and cheese plate for us day of.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hello Monday on a lightly attended work week. Let’s make a deal. You let me have a productive day that is enjoyable and I won’t see to it that you find your way into an industrial blender. Deal?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1