Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

29 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Urgh, fantasy names are hard to come up with...

I'm putting together a list of minis for a project and my brain is insisting I name them, I'm already at the point where I have a barbarian named Erik the Grim and an evil Elf called Trixie.

I found this, maybe it could help? 

https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com

In other news, I'm considering taking a massive leap into the dark unknown and attempting a diorama. I've even ordered extra Sculpey and figured out a colour palette. All I need is to find the appropriate minis.....

• Like 12
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

Ouch, that's sad news, but I sort of saw it coming after the second cable failure.  Arecibo Observatory is going to be decomissioned after 57 years of service.  Apparently things have slipped more than they had expected, cables are more strained than they thought, with more frayed cables discovered as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
9 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I found this, maybe it could help? 

https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com

In other news, I'm considering taking a massive leap into the dark unknown and attempting a diorama. I've even ordered extra Sculpey and figured out a colour palette. All I need is to find the appropriate minis.....

Anything we can do to enable help you?

• Haha 10
1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

well, to keep the story short, one of the operators had athletes foot and his doctor recommended applying a 3% HOOH solution to the affected area.  Since we had 70% available at the site, it would work 20 times faster, right? :blink:  No permanent damage was done (it turns out that, like some acids, HOOH is most active between a low and high concentration and outside of those ranges is pretty mild) but he was definitely unhappy about the results!

How ungrateful of him.

The athlete's foot wasn't a problem anymore, was it?

• Haha 9

Got my flu shot today while I was out. Haven't had one in about 15 years, so we'll see how I react. Don't have anything against getting one in those years, just by the time I'd remember it'd be at the point where it wouldn't help or it was during times when I had minimal contact with others.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Urgh, fantasy names are hard to come up with...

I'm putting together a list of minis for a project and my brain is insisting I name them, I'm already at the point where I have a barbarian named Erik the Grim and an evil Elf called Trixie.

The last two characters my wife rolled up are literally just a couple of random names chosen from an Ikea catalog with a letter here and there changed to prevent the other players knowing where she got her ideas. It's nonsense noises to me, but I also have someone running a dwarf named "Lumpy" for the third time since our group started playing together mumbles something years ago. So something to be said for originality I suppose.

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.

She was a good girl.

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's never easy to say goodbye to our furry family. I hope that all the good memories you surely have help you through the sad times. Once again, sorry man. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3