Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

11 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

EnK99mJXYAAVMb5.thumb.jpeg.85a38626ba7bc39d81aceca3dc3c6576.jpeg

::):

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Got a lot of hugs from g'kids while there, it will be good to be near them all the time. Only gaming stuff left is some paint and material as I have to finish a mini and repair a ceramic moose butt [don't ask] before we leave, so that I can finish boxing up my supplies.

I'm shocked no one has asked you about that yet. ::P:

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Had a nearly 90 minute long job interview this morning through MS Teams for a position of reliability maintenance engineer in a hydrogen peroxide plant.

As per usual, no matter how good or bad I thought the interview went, they may have a different idea.

If there's a follow-up, it'll be next week.

Good luck!!

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.

She was a good girl.

I'm very sorry to hear it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure if it's a mimic or not, but it does seem to be doing a reasonbly decent job of impersonating a cinnamon apple scone...

cinnamonapplescones.jpg.c62551b9c105dc458fa8cf97f11e3962.jpg

I had to go buy a bag of flour for something last week, so I decided to make some basic flour-and-water biscuits. Then it occurred to me that I could put a small slice of cheddar and apple in the center of each one... But I ended up eating all the cheese before I got around to making the biscuits, lol. :rolleyes:

So I found a recipe for biscuits on the internet, and decided that it wouldn't be enough dough for what I wanted, so I doubled it.

And then completely improvised the amount of cinnamon, sugar and mashed Granny Smith apple bits I added to the mix.

(Yeah, there is a freakin' LOT of cinnamon in there, lol.)

They're a little dry, but not bad for one of my improvised cooking adventures.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Got my flu shot today while I was out. Haven't had one in about 15 years, so we'll see how I react. Don't have anything against getting one in those years, just by the time I'd remember it'd be at the point where it wouldn't help or it was during times when I had minimal contact with others.

My wife and I got ours today as well, in preparation for a visit with my parents next month.  They wouldn't want me to say so, but I think it's safe to say that, since I'm almost 60, one might consider them to be elderly.  Anyway, I haven't had one lately either, and it feels like someone punched me in the upper arm this evening. 

• Like 12

Lol. Sometimes there's nothing for it but to shake one's head and go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Also rendered in human form as image.png.

I just listened to this entire song because the album cover was so delightful, so I feel like I do have some experience with what I'm talking about here, I dunno.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rob Dean said:

Anyway, I haven't had one lately either, and it feels like someone punched me in the upper arm this evening. 

The pharmacist who injected mine told me that it helps to use the arm throughout the day. So far it feels good. Maybe try that? It helped that I had 40 pound bags of water softener salt to haul in and load, but I've been waving my arm around periodically, doing arm circles, a few lawnmower starter-pulls, stuff like that.

• Like 9

Whelp, Number One Daughter Unit as decided to invite a local friend and her daughter to Thanksgiving.  SWMBO is not comfortable with non family at dinner as California has gone back into lockdown for most of the populous counties. 

So - we are staying home and I will be doing steaks and baked potatoes for our Thanksgiving Dinner.  Wife is not much for turkey so it works out, I guess.

I overstressed my lower back and have been dealing with  excruciating low back and hip pain so the extra days not having to drive will be appreciated.  I do have to be in Carson City on the 2nd for a DMV appointment.  Finally getting the trailer registration processed, which is another delay caused by this broccoli virus.

GEM

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

She was a good girl.

I'm so sorry for you.

Please remember this;  Lucy not only was a good girl, she is a good girl who will be waiting for you when the time comes.

Requium Et Pace good and faithful companion.

GEM

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

She was a good girl.

Godspeed Lucy. Sorry for your loss. Give Alice some extra hugs from me, I am sure she will miss her friend.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

First go with the airbrush went well enough. Definitely didn't get my paint mix right, but that's life.  Looking forward to round two versus the airbrush tomorrow! 

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I found this, maybe it could help? 

https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com

In other news, I'm considering taking a massive leap into the dark unknown and attempting a diorama. I've even ordered extra Sculpey and figured out a colour palette. All I need is to find the appropriate minis.....

I think it's going to be super helpful, thanks!

Now to go back through my list and replace all the really uninspired stuff (aka a big chunk of it).

• Like 10

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

The pharmacist who injected mine told me that it helps to use the arm throughout the day. So far it feels good. Maybe try that? It helped that I had 40 pound bags of water softener salt to haul in and load, but I've been waving my arm around periodically, doing arm circles, a few lawnmower starter-pulls, stuff like that.

I've also been told the same, and it works for me.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

She was a good girl.

That's heartbreaking!

Good to hear she went peacefully.

I'm thinking of you, she got a good life with you.

image.png.12f226b990aa8879777024b55be202b9.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1